Santorum says he does not believe in Separation of Church and State

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oreo, Mar 5, 2012.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,147
    While all the hooplaw about Rick Santorum--there are some very troubling problems with this candidate--on many of the things he has stated--and it's not only about States being able to ban birth control contraceptives, and banning sonograms for pregnant women. There's a lot more here than just that.

1. Santorum states he does not believe in the separation of Church and State.
    Rick Santorum 'almost threw up' when reading JFK's speech about the need for a separation between church and state | Mail Online

2. Santorum on record for stating that Protestants have lost their Christianity.
    Chris Hayes Digs Up 2008 Santorum Speech Stating Protestants Are ‘Gone From The World Of Christianity’ | Mediaite

3. Santorum states that States have the "right" to ban birth control contraceptives.
    Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

Now for you Santorum supporters: Do you really believe that a person like this-- One who does not understand nor respect the U.S. Constitution--and one who has stated that he does not believe in the Separation of Church and State and one who does not respect the religious freedoms and rights of others--is really capable of leading this country? Do you really believe that he is capable of defeating Barack Obama with these EXTREME social views?

Obama will mop the floor with Rick Santorum. Women, including conservative women and independents will be running into those voting booths to vote for Barack Obama.

Remember we are not voting for a 16th century Catholic priest--we're voting for the leader of the free world that has to keep his/her personal religious beliefs out of decisions--and Rick Santorum is not capable of doing that. Furthermore, his actual voting record and earmark record is not even close to being conservative. He has a very big spending and earmark record.

So think again before you cast that vote.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    After having a leader for the past three years that rules in accordance with his own religious beliefs a change might be refreshing.

3. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,868
    The problem is: he’s not alone.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,135
    Yeah. he has all those people who believe in that Pesky constitution with him.

5. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,147

I am not going to be RULED by the Catholic Church--coming from Santorum's 15th century mindset.

I have my own religion and demand from a POTUS that he/she respects my right to that. Rick Santorum doesn't. I believe as the constitution stated as written by our forefathers that there is "separation between church and state"--& Santorum is on record stating the opposite.

It's noted that even Catholics are NOT even voting for Santorum because he is too EXTREME on social issues. That should give you some type of clue.
    Mitt Romney Trouncing Rick Santorum Among Catholics

You might want to actually READ links and past statements before you reply again. I gave you 3 links you didn't even bother to read.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  6. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,147
    I think you meant to say "doesn't believe in that Pesky constitution."?

7. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    But you like Newt... they both have problems that make them incredibly unelectable.

8. AmericanFirst

AmericanFirst Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,005
    Good, he just earned my vote. He knows the truth.

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,135
    No. I meant what I said. I find it completely convenient that people completely ignore what the First Amendment actually says and prefer to pretend it says something completely different.

10. AmericanFirst

AmericanFirst Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,005
    He is in good company. Separation of Church and state is not in the constitution.