Santorum campaigns though daughter seriously ill

GOP hopeful Rick Santorum campaigns with a seriously ill daughter at home - The Washington Post

He knows he has no chance of winning and yet leaves his daughter, who he says life is "measured in days and weeks".

And yet, Republicans were all sorts of aghast that astronaut, Mark Kelly took the space flight while his wife, Gabby Giffords stayed in rehab.

Frankly, I think Santorum should do as his wonky religion and screwy "morals" tell him to. But its a bit annoying that, as usual, Repubs have different standards for their own behavior.

And yet, Republicans were all sorts of aghast that astronaut, Mark Kelly took the space flight while his wife, Gabby Giffords stayed in rehab.

really? I don't recall seeing that, I could have missed it, can you post the thread?

figures, the same jackals in on the Palin baby threads are now the ones carrying on with this thread.

sad life some have.

GOP hopeful Rick Santorum campaigns with a seriously ill daughter at home - The Washington Post

He knows he has no chance of winning and yet leaves his daughter, who he says life is "measured in days and weeks".

Frankly, I think Santorum should do as his wonky religion and screwy "morals" tell him to. But its a bit annoying that, as usual, Repubs have different standards for their own behavior.

really? I don't recall seeing that, I could have missed it, can you post the thread?
Yeah, I never saw that either.

As far as Santorum, frankly, I'd have more respect for him if he spent the time with his daughter, and more to the point, I don't spend a lot of time caring about him one way or the other. He won't be the nominee, he won't survive past Iowa.
Which is why he should spend time with this daughter.

I'm not going to try to pretend here that I really understand Santorum's thinking.

To go into some background, I lost both of my parents to cancer at a relatively young age. At that time, I worked two part time jobs, was in the National Guard, and was taking college courses full time. And I tried to keep busy with those other things because the more serious thing was really too much to deal with at 19.

I personally wish I had spent more time with them at the end. I just can't see why Santorum is continuing at this point. He should hang it up. No one would think the less of him.

Yeah, I never saw that either.

Because it never happened. No one seriously expects that you have to stop working because a family member is ill or in rehab. The fact is that while you might want to spend every second helping them and being with them, that you can ignore that your responsibilities and duties might call you to do other things that might take you away or make things difficult.

As far as Santorum, frankly, I'd have more respect for him if he spent the time with his daughter, and more to the point, I don't spend a lot of time caring about him one way or the other. He won't be the nominee, he won't survive past Iowa.

I'm not going to try to pretend here that I really understand Santorum's thinking.

To go into some background, I lost both of my parents to cancer at a relatively young age. At that time, I worked two part time jobs, was in the National Guard, and was taking college courses full time. And I tried to keep busy with those other things because the more serious thing was really too much to deal with at 19.

I personally wish I had spent more time with them at the end. I just can't see why Santorum is continuing at this point. He should hang it up. No one would think the less of him.
Yep. I never agree with you, but in this case you are right.

Santorum has no hope of being president. His daughter is dying. There has to be something wrong in his head to be away from her, and his over-burdened wife, to continue chasing a failed dream.

His daughter was not supposed to make it past age one, she is a fighter obviously. I do not see this man as having a chance at the presidency but should he stop his life for the next how many years? His wife cares for their daughter at home and did so while he worked as well. This is just a diffferent kind of work to him with a cause.

say what? played with a dead human fetus? come on ravi....i think i will need a link for that one...

I had to look and....

Santorum and his wife, Karen Garver Santorum, have seven children. One child was diagnosed with Trisomy 18, a serious genetic disorder.[109] In 1996, a son, Gabriel, was born prematurely and lived for only two hours. While pregnant, Karen Santorum developed a life-threatening intrauterine infection and a fever that reached nearly 105 degrees. She went into labor when she was 20 weeks pregnant and allowed doctors to give her Oxytocin to speed the birth.[110]

Karen Santorum wrote a book about the experience: Letters to Gabriel: The True Story of Gabriel Michael Santorum.[111] In it, she writes that the couple brought the deceased infant home from the hospital and introduced the dead child to their living children as "your brother Gabriel" and slept with the body overnight before returning it to the hospital.

the citations are at the bottom of the page.
Rick Santorum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see anything wrong with this...*shrugs*

Last edited:

Santorum has no hope of being president. His daughter is dying. There has to be something wrong in his head to be away from her, and his over-burdened wife, to continue chasing a failed dream.

We are all dying. If we stressed over that every day of our lives, we would never get anything done and end up never having lived to begin with.

We are all dying. If we stressed over that every day of our lives, we would never get anything done and end up never having lived to begin with.
GMAFB. Do you have kids?

GMAFB. Do you have kids?
My BIL has a dying boy. He has been dying for years, now. The family still goes on with life and he still goes to work everyday.

A colleague of mine did exactly what Santorum's family did with their stillborn.

Do YOU have a dying child?

Have you ever had a stillborn?

Yet, as a sick fuck and a drooling jackal, you judge as the hack you are. Anything, absolutely anything, to denigrate. And, considering Santorum is an assclown, that is the best you can do intellectually.

I feel sorry for you, but I feel more sorry for those around you.

Forum List

Back