SanFran liberal bicyclists outraged and protest police...for making them follow traffic laws!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
SF Cyclists Planning New Stop-In To Protest Police Crackdown On Bicycle Violations CBS San Francisco

San Franciscos filthy liberals are outraged!! They scoot around on their precious bicycles....saving the world from global warming....and blow through red lights and stop signs. Yeah...we see that shit in every city.

After receiving huge numbers of complaints...San Francisco Police did a 2 day operation to enforce traffic laws on these law breaking leftist cyclers.

And they're OUTRAGED!!! They're planning a "Stop In". I guess to block roads.

They are angry and want police to instead focus on the established 5 biggest risks on the road. Including running red lights and stop signs. YES....the very thing THEY are doing.

But....the libs say those laws are for cars...not bikes. Even though bikes are under the same rules while operating on the roadway.

So...to a liberal....a cop should enforce a car running a red light. But not a filthy hipster on a bike. Even if that bike blows through a red light or stop sign and forces cars to slam on breaks.

Typical.

There is nothing worse than a smug asshole cyclist.

Yep I agree. The ones here are awful. They ride in huge herds blocking normal traffic. And stare at drivers with that arrogant smug look....like "Can't you see I'm busy saving the world??"

This is one of my pet peeves. If you ride on the road you follow the rules of the road. PERIOD.

This is one of my pet peeves. If you ride on the road you follow the rules of the road. PERIOD.

I agree. But they're mad because cops won't let them blow through red lights....but want them to target cars that do.

The problem is with enforcement. Most of the traffic laws are in the "motor vehicle code," and bicycles are not motorized vehicles. "License & registration"? I don't think so. A "ticket" for a bike is the same as would be given to a pedestrian, unless the city or state has enacted bike-specific laws, which few do.

When biking, I generally obey the traffic laws, but not always. Stopped at a light when no one is around? Nah. I'll keep going.

The problem is with enforcement. Most of the traffic laws are in the "motor vehicle code," and bicycles are not motorized vehicles. "License & registration"? I don't think so. A "ticket" for a bike is the same as would be given to a pedestrian, unless the city or state has enacted bike-specific laws, which few do.

When biking, I generally obey the traffic laws, but not always. Stopped at a light when no one is around? Nah. I'll keep going.

If you want to ignore traffic laws, you should be willing to pay the fines associated with tickets.

Then you take your life into your own hands, and I assume would never sue the driver who you didn't see who then plows into your stupid ass when you go against the light, and he/she has the right of way.

Of course!
Bicycle and rider, 100 kg.
Grossly ridiculous S.tupid U.seless V.ehicle, 2000 kg.
Consequences to others of av error are obviously disproportionate.
Cyclists should be survival oriented. Stupid ones should be penalized for grievous misconduct. Otherwise, there are much more important things for cops to do.

Most states have laws that say bikes must adhere to all moving violation laws that vehicles do.

Conditions permitting, I bicycle 20 miles a day, 3 days a week.
I put over 1,500 miles on my bike last year.
And I bought a brand new one just last month.
There are days when I bicycle in this rural environment where I don't encounter an automobile in 20 miles.
So as you might guess, Stop signs aren't a huge priority.

But in urban congestion, where bicyclists are pressured into riding "the door zone", to make way for 4 wheel & above, the law basically has to be followed.
But it sucks for the bicyclists.

I go for 5 mile bike rides on occasion....what you have to realize is a bike has the same right of way as another car. And yeah, we're feisty....idiots texting instead of watching the road gets us run over. I won't ride a motorcycle on the streets of Phoenix anymore but I won't put away my Huffy....almost hit me and I'll drag ya out of your car.
mad_zps639a98d3.gif

BK
GoPro has sport-cams that capture UHD image. That's not the old 1920 X 1080 HD standard.
It's the 3,840 X 2,160 standard.
Get the forensic video evidence, including their license number, and the TDL (time date location) of the violation, and be there in court when they pay the fine.

I've had similar problems on my Yamaha.
But counter-measures can be taken.

Arrive Alive

Forum List

Back