Sandy relief bill does not get voted on

From Fox news. King is letting it be known. One might say he is not a happy camper today.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvcmPbvLqlY&feature=player_embedded]GOP Rep Peter King Goes Off On Republicans For Not Passing Hurricane Sandy Relief Bill - YouTube[/ame]

The People's House? New York and New Jersey has been doing more than their share for this country for years and now the 'People' of this country are turning their back on them? Perhaps we should fix the tax structure if that is the way things work.

burdens_2010_small.png

Rank State Gross collections (2007) Population (2007) Revenue per capita
1 California $313,998,874,000 36,553,215 $8,590.18
2 New York $244,672,914,000 19,297,729 $12,678.84
3 Texas $225,390,904,000 23,904,380 $9,428.85
4 Florida $136,476,423,000 18,251,243 $7,477.65
5 Illinois $135,458,089,000 12,852,548 $10,539.40
6 New Jersey $121,678,423,000 8,685,920 $14,008.70
7 Pennsylvania $112,368,286,000 12,432,792 $9,038.06
8 Ohio $105,772,774,000 11,466,917 $9,224.17
9 Minnesota $78,697,313,000 5,197,621 $15,141.03
10 North Carolina $75,903,684,000 9,061,032 $8,376.94

Democrats turning their backs on other Democrats... The horror! :lol:

Christie, Cuomo Condemn House's Inaction On Sandy Relief | TPM LiveWire
With all that New York and New Jersey and our millions of residents and small businesses have suffered and endured, this continued inaction and indifference by the House of Representatives is inexcusable. It has now been 66 days since Hurricane Sandy hit and 27 days since President Obama put forth a responsible aid proposal that passed with a bipartisan vote in the Senate while the House has failed to even bring it to the floor. This failure to come to the aid of Americans following a severe and devastating natural disaster is unprecedented. The fact that days continue to go by while people suffer, families are out of their homes, and men and women remain jobless and struggling during these harsh winter months is a dereliction of duty. When American citizens are in need we come to their aid. That tradition was abandoned in the House last night.

Schumer rips Boehner, Issa, Rogers over hurricane aid - The Hill's On The Money
The Senate’s No. 3 Democrat on Wednesday directed his ire specifically at Boehner, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and House Appropriations Committee Chairman Hal Rogers (R-Ky.)

Schumer suggested that Boehner pulled the plug in part to punish House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), who had played the leading role in crafting a Sandy compromise plan.

Cantor was set to bring a $27 billion Sandy bill to the floor and allow members to increase it to the $60 billion level passed in the Senate by amendment.

“We got caught in a crossfire of Beltway leadership squabbling,” Schumer said. “New York and New Jersey residents feel that there was a betrayal by Speaker Boehner.”

He also criticized Issa for saying the bill contained pork-barrel spending. He said Issa needs to come to New York and tell that to homeowners who cannot get money yet to rebuild their homes.

“I’d like Darrell Issa to sit eye-to-eye and tell that homeowner that that is pork,” Schumer yelled.

President Obama Urges Congress To Pass Sandy Relief Now, Hits At Republican ‘Refusal’ To Act | Mediaite
He continued: “The Senate passed this request with bipartisan support. But the House of Representatives has refused to act, even as there are families and communities who still need our help to rebuild in the months and years ahead, and who also still need immediate support with the bulk of winter still in front of us.”

The president then pleaded: “When tragedy strikes, Americans come together to support those in need. I urge Republicans in the House of Representatives to do the same, bring this important request to a vote today, and pass it without delay for our fellow Americans.”

I wonder how that goes for him?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/n...t-house-for-ignoring-storm-aid-bill.html?_r=0
Brendan Buck, a spokesman for House Speaker John A. Boehner, Republican of Ohio. said the speaker would be meeting with Republicans from the New York and New Jersey delegations Wednesday at 3 p.m. He planned to tell them that passing the aid bill would be his “top priority” when Congress begins its new session, Mr. Buck said.

They were suppose to have a vote. That was what everyone was told. Boehner apparently just walked out, didn't even tell anyone the plan changed.

Not until he told Reid to "Go fuck yourself". He actually said those words. No excuse for that language on the floor of congress. None.

This bunch of GObP/R do nothings needs to be fired, thrown out. They slurp at the public trough but when its time to actually work for Americans, they can't be bothered.

They were suppose to have a vote. That was what everyone was told. Boehner apparently just walked out, didn't even tell anyone the plan changed.

Not until he told Reid to "Go fuck yourself". He actually said those words. No excuse for that language on the floor of congress. None.

This bunch of GObP/R do nothings needs to be fired, thrown out. They slurp at the public trough but when its time to actually work for Americans, they can't be bothered.

It was actually in the WH. We can slam around what we will but their should a level of statesmanship, especially between statesmen.
Boehner Drops the F-Bomb at White House | FOX8.com

I saw that this passed the Senate the other day. Apparently it had not passed the house and the house will not vote on it. I just heard several bills be approved that were nowhere where not near as important as this bill is.

Boy..Peter King was pissed.

He was talking about leaving the Republican Party.

It was actually in the WH. We can slam around what we will but their should a level of statesmanship, especially between statesmen.
Boehner Drops the F-Bomb at White House | FOX8.com

"On the Senate floor later, Reid said the meeting had been “constructive.”"

Well, now we know what 'constructive' means.

Schumer rips Boehner, Issa, Rogers over hurricane aid - The Hill's On The Money
The Senate’s No. 3 Democrat on Wednesday directed his ire specifically at Boehner, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and House Appropriations Committee Chairman Hal Rogers (R-Ky.)

Schumer suggested that Boehner pulled the plug in part to punish House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), who had played the leading role in crafting a Sandy compromise plan.

Cantor was set to bring a $27 billion Sandy bill to the floor and allow members to increase it to the $60 billion level passed in the Senate by amendment.

“We got caught in a crossfire of Beltway leadership squabbling,” Schumer said. “New York and New Jersey residents feel that there was a betrayal by Speaker Boehner.”

He also criticized Issa for saying the bill contained pork-barrel spending. He said Issa needs to come to New York and tell that to homeowners who cannot get money yet to rebuild their homes.

“I’d like Darrell Issa to sit eye-to-eye and tell that homeowner that that is pork,” Schumer yelled.

Fuck Issa.

He needs to go where he would be appreciated.

Jail.

I saw that this passed the Senate the other day. Apparently it had not passed the house and the house will not vote on it. I just heard several bills be approved that were nowhere where not near as important as this bill is.

Boy..Peter King was pissed.

He was talking about leaving the Republican Party.

He was very composed on the House floor this morning but unloaded later. I expect that is nothing to what Christie is going to have to say. He is probably going over what he might say and the other person saying, "No, I don't think you can say that.", "No, I wouldn't say that.", "No, no, definitely don't say that, at least not twice."

From what I have gathered today's schedule has a 2 p.m. Christie statement, a 3 p.m. meeting between Boehner and the affected area's republican representatives. House convening again at 11 a.m. tomorrow. Anything can happen though.

Forum List

Back