Sanders - Make election day a holiday

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
I love sanders.
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) wants to make election a day a holiday, suggesting that it could make it easier to vote.

Sanders, who is running for the Democratic presidential nomination, has introduced a proposal that would amend the U.S. code to include "Federal Election Day, the Tuesday following the first Monday in November in each even-numbered year," according to the legislation.

The Vermont senator said at a rally last week that the legislation would make sure everyone who wants to vote has the time to, and "would indicate a national commitment to create a vibrant democracy."
The legislation is part of a package of proposals that Sanders is offering aimed at voting and campaigns. He's also introduced legislation that would automatically register 18-year olds to vote, and said last week that he intends to offer legislation that would allow public financing of campaigns.
Sanders Make Election Day a holiday TheHill

If they think they can get more voters, they will probably fail. Someone who does not want to waste his evening on the voting, will also not waste his morning on the voting.

They try so hard to bring the people to the polling station. Nothing, they would not do for that. Except for one: Reasonable politics.

I'm all for it, move election day to the 2nd Monday in October instead of the 1st Tuesday in November. All fixed.

The higher the turn out the worse it is for the democrats. This is a fact.

Really? I thought the opposite was true.

No. The problem for the GOP the last few elections has been getting their base out to vote republican. Most democrats don't have cars or the ability to make it to the polling stations or care enough to vote. Republicans don't have that issue. Should the GOP energize their base enough its over for the democrats.

I love sanders.
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) wants to make election a day a holiday, suggesting that it could make it easier to vote.

Sanders, who is running for the Democratic presidential nomination, has introduced a proposal that would amend the U.S. code to include "Federal Election Day, the Tuesday following the first Monday in November in each even-numbered year," according to the legislation.

The Vermont senator said at a rally last week that the legislation would make sure everyone who wants to vote has the time to, and "would indicate a national commitment to create a vibrant democracy."
The legislation is part of a package of proposals that Sanders is offering aimed at voting and campaigns. He's also introduced legislation that would automatically register 18-year olds to vote, and said last week that he intends to offer legislation that would allow public financing of campaigns.
Sanders Make Election Day a holiday TheHill

Not a bad idea at all.

Forum List

Back