Sanders: Majority of gun owners responsible

Everyone doesn't agree with the 'PC agenda.

and, just for general information....

It's impossible to outlaw stupid

Helmet laws.
Seat belt laws.
Smoking laws.
None of these should have been necessary, but they were passed.
Jerks will bring it on everyone.

Sanders probably just shot himself in the foot with a lot of Dems and leftists.

Sanders: The majority of gun owners are responsible and obey the law

Vermont liberal Sen. Bernie Sanders said Sunday that the majority of gun owners are responsible and obey the law.

Appearing on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday, Sanders said that a gun manufacturer should be no more responsible for a murder performed by their product than a hammer manufacturer is responsible "if someone beat someone over the head with a hammer."

Sanders was taking on detractors who have pointed to a bill he voted for that shields firearms manufacturers from being sued by gun violence victims. Presidential rival Hillary Clinton made reference to this bill in New Hampshire Saturday, saying that it was the "height of irresponsibility not to talk about it."

Sanders noted Sunday that he has a pretty poor grade of a D- from the National Rifle Association and has voted for the assault weapons ban.

Sanders suggested that he could broker a "serious debate and action on guns," but that it won't happen if "we have extreme positions on both sides."

Sanders The majority of gun owners are responsible and obey the law Washington Examiner

Sanders is not totally anti second amendment. Plus Vermont has a fairly high percentage of gun owners.

Helmet laws.
Seat belt laws.
Smoking laws.
None of these should have been necessary, but they were passed.
Jerks will bring it on everyone.
and ALL those laws that you mention should be trashcanned '4EYE ' .

Did you see written, "None of these should have been necessary,..."
I don't like stupid laws and I don't like the irresponsibility of people who make these laws get passed.

Top 5 signs you are anal-retentive
Posted March 1, 2009 in Fun
  1. You keep large redundant amounts of all your sundries such as laundry detergent so that you never risk running out.
  2. You don’t just sort the money in your wallet by $1, $5, $10, or $20, but also sort the bills by wear-and-tear so that you get rid of the bills in the worst shape first.
  3. You look up anal-retentive to see whether it needs a hyphen.
  4. You don’t just keep a grocery list, you micro-optimize order of the items on the grocery list so that you only make one pass through the grocery store.
  5. After a power outage or when Daylight Savings Time starts or ends, you feel the need to set all your clocks to the same minute and second.
  6. It really irritates you when someone says a list has 5 items and you count six.

Did you see written, "None of these should have been necessary,..."
I don't like stupid laws and I don't like the irresponsibility of people who make these laws get passed.
hey '4eye' , yeah , my thought is that there is no need for these type laws like smoking , seat belts , helmet laws . I disagree with force used in laws like the ones I mention becase do gooders think that they are needed to save lives . If people want to be irresponsible and go helmetless or beltless then that is simply their business . As far as Smoking , hey , if you don't like the smell of smoke then go find a place that doesn't allow smoking . Laws forcing Private establishments to stop smoking , or limiting sugar , salt , soda . trans fat are not a good thing .

and Sorry if I mistook your post '4eye' . My reasoning says that [so called] responsible behavior like seatbelts , helmets , are no ones business other than the person making the decision to wear or not wear seat belts , helmets , yada , yada !!

A seat belt/helmet law that's fair and that works:

If you want to ride or drive with neither that's OK. When you crash you're just road kill to be cleaned up next time the street sweeper passes by. Even if you were just bruised.

Most gun owners are responsible and obey the law. Many people who use a gun to kill someone never committed a crime in the past. Many children who find guns in their home and accidentally kill a sibling with it come from homes with law abiding good parents. Most people who commit suicide with a gun never committed a crime. Just because people are law abiding and responsible doesn't mean that them having a gun can't lead to something bad happening, and often it does. I'm not making an argument for or against guns here, just stating some facts.
Since we're stating facts...
More or less often than it does not, and by what order of magnitude?

I did not state that it happens more often than not. I stated that it happens often. Statistically the numbers are small, but 10,000 to 15,000 per year is still a big number.

not a big deal , its the price you pay to be able to exercise the RIGHT to Keep and Bear Arms Auditor .

I mean , 310 million in 2010 census not counting the 10 to 20 million illegal aliens . Who are the dead 10 to 15 thousand . I suppose that some are criminals , some are suiciders , some are accidents , some are self defense by cop or citizens . Some are gang members killing each other in Chicago and other big cities on weekends . Maybe you have a more precise breakdown Auditor .

Most gun owners are responsible and obey the law. Many people who use a gun to kill someone never committed a crime in the past. Many children who find guns in their home and accidentally kill a sibling with it come from homes with law abiding good parents. Most people who commit suicide with a gun never committed a crime. Just because people are law abiding and responsible doesn't mean that them having a gun can't lead to something bad happening, and often it does. I'm not making an argument for or against guns here, just stating some facts.
Since we're stating facts...
More or less often than it does not, and by what order of magnitude?
I did not state that it happens more often than not. I stated that it happens often. Statistically the numbers are small, but 10,000 to 15,000 per year is still a big number.
Not compared to 300,000,000.

Forum List

Back