'San Francisco Values'

&

☭proletarian☭

Unemployment (as of Dec):

National- 9.7

San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area- 10.1

Unemployment Rates for Metropolitan Areas

California: ~12%

So their unemployment is lower than the state average and only slightly higher than the national average.

They have universal preschool for those who wish to send their children, universal healthcare, and universal after school programs for youth.

Healthy San Francisco:

They boast California's highest performing urban school district.

They put salad bars in the schools to encourage healthful eating and a healthy populace.
http://www.parks.sfgov.org/site/upl...icy_reports/SaladBarProgramFinalReport609.pdf

Paid sick leave is mandated

This report summarizes strategies San Francisco employers used to implement the nation's first law requiring paid sick days for all employees, based on interviews with a sample of businesses. Although employers faced three new policies that affected staff wages and benefits, they were able to implement the paid sick leave requirement with minimal impacts to their business. The report details employer responses to the law in their operations, staffing, employee benefit packages, and reporting requirements. By assessing employers' perspectives on the operational challenges of the law, the study provides lessons to inform future research and policymaking.
Employers' Perspectives on San Francisco's Paid Sick Leave Policy

The crime rate is the lowest in a decade.

Now, it's not perfect. Like most cities in the current economy, their arew budget cuts to be made and I strongly disagree with their sanctuary city policies. Overall, however... I'm not seeing how 'San Francisco Values' are necessarily so evil.

You bet it's not perfect. At 6.6 BILLION for the budget, they're spending twice as much as the entire state of Idaho. :eek:
What's more, there's not a whole lot of accountability for their spending. Projects run over budget, sometimes to the point where they're having to have another referendum to get money, programs overlap and are not expected to prove results, and they can't get rid of their dead weight.

San Francisco News - The Worst-Run Big City in the U.S. - page 1

San Francisco has a black population lower than probably any other big city -- 7 or 8 percent, and DROPPING.

Its "minority" population consists mostly of calm, clean Asians.

And homosexuals have no children.

San Francisco is nice, but not everywhere can be San Francisco.

San Fran is in Caleeeefornia correct? And is not Caleeeeeeefornia like broke? I mean really really really broke? Now,, this is exactly what the liberals want to do to the US of KKKA,, break her.. I mean really really really break her.

SF is verging on insolvency just like much of CA (I can say this, I live in the Bay Area). High real estate prices have made the demographics of SF a bit out of the norm; but even these have fallen, resulting in less property tax revenue.

There is a huge supply of vacant commercial real estate in the Financial District and SOMA. Another indicator of bad times ahead for The City.

☭proletarian☭;2048120 said:
Unemployment (as of Dec):

National- 9.7

San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area- 10.1

Unemployment Rates for Metropolitan Areas

California: ~12%

So their unemployment is lower than the state average and only slightly higher than the national average.

They have universal preschool for those who wish to send their children, universal healthcare, and universal after school programs for youth.

Healthy San Francisco:

They boast California's highest performing urban school district.

They put salad bars in the schools to encourage healthful eating and a healthy populace.
http://www.parks.sfgov.org/site/upl...icy_reports/SaladBarProgramFinalReport609.pdf

Paid sick leave is mandated

This report summarizes strategies San Francisco employers used to implement the nation's first law requiring paid sick days for all employees, based on interviews with a sample of businesses. Although employers faced three new policies that affected staff wages and benefits, they were able to implement the paid sick leave requirement with minimal impacts to their business. The report details employer responses to the law in their operations, staffing, employee benefit packages, and reporting requirements. By assessing employers' perspectives on the operational challenges of the law, the study provides lessons to inform future research and policymaking.
Employers' Perspectives on San Francisco's Paid Sick Leave Policy

The crime rate is the lowest in a decade.

Now, it's not perfect. Like most cities in the current economy, their arew budget cuts to be made and I strongly disagree with their sanctuary city policies. Overall, however... I'm not seeing how 'San Francisco Values' are necessarily so evil.

Values in S.F---You're joking right? From the streets of Haight/Ashbury to now--:lol::lol:

They've suddenly come up with "values"--while they continually re-elect NANCY PELOSI?

$Pelosi.jpg

A republican did it to CA .. Arnold.

you fucking dumb ass....this state started dying long before Arnold....its assholes with the mentality that you have who are destroying this once great state....there are people like Political Junky in Sacramento who are destroying this state....yea its Arnolds fault...he is just a part of the problem....

Last edited:

you fucking dumb ass....this state started dying long before Arnold....its assholes with the mentality that you have who are destroying this once great state....there are people like Political Junky in Sacramento who are destroying this state....yea its Arnolds fault...he is just a part of the problem....
Well, the homeless problem was caused when Reagan closed the mental institutions. Up until Reagan, the University of California was free, too.
Reagan signed a very liberal abortion bill too, as governor. Before he courted the wingnuts.

Well, the homeless problem was caused when Reagan closed the mental institutions. Up until Reagan, the University of California was free, too.
Reagan signed a very liberal abortion bill too, as governor. Before he courted the wingnuts.
Reagan did not close the Mental institutions he "freed" some of the inmates....he did this while President not Governor....and the state Legislature as well as the regents backed Ronnie on charging fees.....and a "liberal" abortion bill?.....i thought this would be a good thing?

Forum List

Back