San Diego Democrats Crush Small Businessman's Dreams

Nate Peele

May 25, 2008
In 1997 when Erik Prince started his company he knew he’d face an uphill climb as a small businessman trying to make it in the cut throat world of California of the late 1990s. Prince wasn’t deterred. He believed that if a man worked hard enough he could eke out a piece of the American dream. It never occurred to him that he’d have to fight city hall to do it.

Erik Prince would be the first to admit his Blackwater Worldwide hasn’t had a great year. A grand jury investigation is ongoing in relation to the deaths of 17 Iraqi civillians and of course there is the arms smuggling scandal, but through it all Prince has lived up to his name donating to charity groups like Focus on the Family and the Alliance Defense Fund.

What really must sting Prince though is the city of San Diego giving community residents a hearing before Blackwater can open a training center and indoor firing range. The hearing is scheduled for June 2nd, the same day Prince says Blackwater must get the site up by or lose a $400,000,000 Navy contract. If this was an old movie this is the time when Mickey Rooney or Judy Garland would enthusiastically shout, “Hey! my family’s got a barn. Let’s build the firing range in there.” Sadly, this isn’t an old movie just the story of a hardworking businessman trying to get by and the man keeping him down.

Poor Blackwater... let's all give it a group hug.

2097_cheer_up.gif

Poor Blackwater... let's all give it a group hug.

2097_cheer_up.gif

Typical response from a stupid Lawyer.

The City has no right to grant permission and then just for politics revoke it. I am sure there are lawyers a plenty to fix San Diego for the lost revenue on this one.

I do so find it amusing that the most thin-skinned poster whose widdle feewings get hurt so easily is the first one to open his stupid mouth. ;)

The only one with thin skin is you " dear". The only one with hurt feelings, again, you. As for Stupid, I know what I believe on that score.

The only one with thin skin is you " dear". The only one with hurt feelings, again, you. As for Stupid, I know what I believe on that score.

You can fantasize all you want... but you're a whining little twit. So, if I were you, I'd stop whinging and get a grip. Because if my skin is thin (which it's not), it's still twice as thick as yours.

And have you noticed that you and a couple of other people try to make every thread about you and your ignorant little insults?

I thikn its kind of sad that you need to validate yourself that way.

You can fantasize all you want... but you're a whining little twit. So, if I were you, I'd stop whinging and get a grip. Because if my skin is thin (which it's not), it's still twice as thick as yours.

And have you noticed that you and a couple of other people try to make every thread about you and your ignorant little insults?

I thikn its kind of sad that you need to validate yourself that way.

Ya, you insult but it is me that does it. You are the biggest cry baby on this board. You lose and resort to other tactics. Am I to assume you will be neg repping me with one of your private whines? That is after all your modus operandi. Throw a temper Tantrum where you know your victims can not let every one see your whiny little shit.

How in the fuck does a 400 MILLION dollar contract convey "small business"?

talk about framing the issue...

:rolleyes:

ahh.. how colbertish.

And, when Steven sees this thread I, the Shogun of USMB, claim coining the term "Colbertish"

Colbertish - adj - Kol-bar-ish

1. Exaggerated Satyr based on the faux support of the subject being lampooned.

2. 25 parts comedy, 15 parts Politics, 5 parts pasty white guy, 5 parts nerd = 50 part American.

ahh.. how colbertish.

And, when Steven sees this thread I, the Shogun of USMB, claim coining the term "Colbertish"

2. 25 parts comedy, 15 parts Politics, 5 parts pasty white guy, 5 parts nerd = 50 part American.

:clap2:

Not bad.

But FYI: Satyr doesn't mean satire, if that's how you intended it.

ahh.. how colbertish.

Before you make it big, pronounce it correctly. Coal-bear-ish :cool:

Forum List

Back