Same-sex couples start marrying in Conn.

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
:eek:

NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Same-sex couples walked joyfully down the aisle Wednesday for the first time in Connecticut, while gay activists planned to march in protests across the country over the vote that took away their right to marry in California.

Carrying red roses and a marriage license, Jody Mock and Elizabeth Kerrigan, who led the lawsuit that that overturned Connecticut's law, emerged from West Hartford's town hall to the cheers of about 150 people.

"We feel very fortunate to live in the state of Connecticut, where marriage equality is valued, and hopefully other states will also do what is fair," Kerrigan said.

Same-sex couples start marrying in Conn. - Life

The majority of gays suffered from some form of child abuse. It's quite sad. Let's hope these people get the treatment they need.

The majority of gays suffered from some form of child abuse. It's quite sad. Let's hope these people get the treatment they need.

If you are gonna make outrageous, asinine comments, then at least try to back them up with evidence. Otherwise, :anj_stfu:.

If you are gonna make outrageous, asinine comments, then at least try to back them up with evidence. Otherwise, :anj_stfu:.

Wow! I just got back to check this thread, and I have obviously hit a major nerve. You obviously don't believe this for whatever reason, but there is evidence to back it up. Unfortunately, the homosexual lobby is quite strong as you know, so these studies are difficult to come by. Nevertheless, here are a couple. I urge you to get the facts.

The 1995 Massachusetts Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance found that gay, lesbian, and bisexual orientation was associated with having had sexual intercourse before the age of 13, with having four or more partners in a lifetime, and with having experienced sexual contact against one’s will. (R. Garofalo et al., "The Association between Health Risk Behaviors and Sexual Orientation Among a School-based Sample of Adolescents," Pediatrics 101 [1998]: 895-902.)

A study of 425 homosexual males, ages 17 to 22, reported that 41.4% reported an occasion of forced sex. Seventy-nine of the boys reported beginning anal sex with men when they were ages 3 to 14. Of these, 15.2% were already HIV-positive. (Lemp, G., Hirozawa, A., Givertz, D., Nieri, G., Anderson, L., Linegren, M., Janssen, R., Katx, M. (1994) Seroprevalence of HIV and Risk Behaviors Among Young Homosexual and Bisexual Men. Journal of the American Medical Association. 272, 6: 449:454.)

I believe in the right for all to marry, but what happens if this couple moves to another state like Michigan or California where gay marriage is not recognized?

Will the homos try to adopt and raise the "mud babies" they make, now that they can marry?

Or will they still flush them down the toilet like everyone else does?

I posted this for serious discussion on this matter. Any more posts like this within in this thread will be deleted.

Wow! I just got back to check this thread, and I have obviously hit a major nerve. You obviously don't believe this for whatever reason, but there is evidence to back it up. Unfortunately, the homosexual lobby is quite strong as you know, so these studies are difficult to come by. Nevertheless, here are a couple. I urge you to get the facts.

Since when does 41.7% qualify as a majority?

I posted this for serious discussion on this matter. Any more posts like these within in this thread will be deleted.

And I answered it with medical studies. I don't care what your sexual orientation is, but you should at least be open-minded enough to look at the evidence.

Instead of being married perverts.

They will just be perverts!

while I agree it's disgusting and wrong, it's not the government's business to prevent people's pursuit of happiness. No one's rights would be being violated here.

I believe in the right for all to marry, but what happens if this couple moves to another state like Michigan or California where gay marriage is not recognized?

That's an interesting question, I would think the state wouldn't recognize the marriage, since it's a state by state law?

Forum List

Back