Salon: Bolt Action Rifles are Military Grade Killing Machines, Ban Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is about individual rights as the second clause irrefutably proves.

It protects the rights of individuals and no one else which is what it says
there are no individual rights expressed in the second clause; the People is collective and plural as is the militia.
Wrong

The people refers to individuals and that is clear

Groups have no rights only individuals do

Simple english and reality which you lack the ability to conprehend
no, it doesn't. both the people and the militia are plural and collective in regard to the security of our free States.

STFU, dumbass!

" 1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53."

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER
a simple appeal to ignorance.

You can only be unconnected with well regulated militia not the unorganized militia.
A supreme court decision is not an appeal to ignorance it is a citation from people much smarter than you.

The second requires no connection as it applies to individual rights as we have proven here in this debate which you lost

It is bit right or left wing

You have a knee jerk reaction to call any inconvenient facts right wing.

Very illogical and unreasonable but you are not very intelligent

Plain english proves you wrong and that is fact
you need more than fallacy to convince me.
I stated facts not fallacy.

I know you cannot be convinced but that is simply because you are immature and too childish to admit you are wrong or to think intelligently
you have no facts, only appeals to ignorance.

I stated facts and you know it and are simply a liar and coward
We have a McCarthy era phrase in our pledge. The person who resorts to the fewest fallacies is the truest witness bearer and the most moral; hypocrite.

And the pledge is meaningless tripe unrelated to what we are proving you massively ignorant and wrong about

You only make claims right winger because it is your knee jerk defense when proven wrong

Wrong

no, it doesn't. both the people and the militia are plural and collective in regard to the security of our free States.
Yes it does and that is irrefutable.

It means individuals as only individuals have rights which is another fact you cannot refute,

The people means individual citizens'
Our Second Amendment clearly states it is about the security of our free States not the rights of indivduals.

iu
A well regulate militia being necessary to the security of a free State!

Half does not count.

The right of the people means individual citizens not members of a specific group

Wrong

STFU, dumbass!

" 1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53."

You can only be unconnected with well regulated militia not the unorganized militia.

A supreme court decision is not an appeal to ignorance it is a citation from people much smarter than you.

The second requires no connection as it applies to individual rights as we have proven here in this debate which you lost
that is an appeal to ignorance.

You are either well regulated or not.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on
Ratification of the Constitution
, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

It is not an appeal to ignorance which is an expression you do not understand as it always applies to your argument

The USSC is far smarter than you are and their decision destroys your idiotic opinion

It means individuals as only individuals have rights which is another fact you cannot refute,

Our Second Amendment clearly states it is about the security of our free States not the rights of indivduals.

iu

Half does not count.

The right of the people means individual citizens not members of a specific group
it does not say, individuals of the People are necessary.
It says the right of the people ( individual citizens ) shall not be infringed. Their right is not contingent on being a member of anything at all

Wrong

iu

Wrong

STFU, dumbass!

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."

I know you cannot be convinced but that is simply because you are immature and too childish to admit you are wrong or to think intelligently

We have a McCarthy era phrase in our pledge. The person who resorts to the fewest fallacies is the truest witness bearer and the most moral; hypocrite.

And the pledge is meaningless tripe unrelated to what we are proving you massively ignorant and wrong about

You only make claims right winger because it is your knee jerk defense when proven wrong
i don't need to take the, nine hundred ninety-nine, seriously.

iu

Half does not count.

1 more time, then I start reporting your bullshit.

Good because no one with even average intelligence takes you seriously

A complete fool might take you seriously which is why you take yourself seriously but that is all

It's the libs who usually go bonkers and cannot control themselves. Unfortunately, we can't read their minds and hearts beforehand to weed them out. That would be a more effective policy -- PROFILING.

I have absolutely zero problem with a person owning a bolt action rifle.

Not only are they more accurate than semi automatics, but it takes a lot longer than 30 seconds to throw 30 rounds downrange. If we had only bolt action rifles, mass shootings would be a thing of the past.
It's always so funny to see these "experts" who have clearly never even held a firearm. I can fire a round per second from a bolt action rifle, and easily put six aimed shots downrange in less than two seconds with a revolver.

I don't think I've ever seen a gun control advocate who knew anything about firearms. Maybe they realize that actual knowledge will change their opinions? Or perhaps they are just hopelessly arrogant...

All above are simply WRONG.

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home."

SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES - DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA et al. v. HELLER

Not only are they more accurate than semi automatics, but it takes a lot longer than 30 seconds to throw 30 rounds downrange. If we had only bolt action rifles, mass shootings would be a thing of the past.
It's always so funny to see these "experts" who have clearly never even held a firearm. I can fire a round per second from a bolt action rifle, and easily put six aimed shots downrange in less than two seconds with a revolver.

I don't think I've ever seen a gun control advocate who knew anything about firearms. Maybe they realize that actual knowledge will change their opinions? Or perhaps they are just hopelessly arrogant...
If I knew more about guns I wouldn`t mind seeing 11 bodies leaving the synagogue, school, movie theater, concert, etc. in body bags? Got it. I`ll try to educate myself.

We have facts and the U.S. Supreme Court agrees with us. They ruled the 2A is an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT not tied to being in a militia although all able bodied men already are by U.S. Code.

STFU, dumbass!

It is not an appeal to ignorance which is an expression you do not understand as it always applies to your argument

The USSC is far smarter than you are and their decision destroys your idiotic opinion
it is a simple appeal to ignorance. our Constitution is Express not Implied. Only the right wing, never gets it.
It is not an appeal to ignorance it is irrefutable fact.

Yes the constitution is express and the second amendment specifically expresses an individual right.

Half does not count.

It says the right of the people ( individual citizens ) shall not be infringed. Their right is not contingent on being a member of anything at all
Individuals may be infringed as punishment for a crime. The militia is exempted from those individual infringements to individual rights.
No it is not militia members are also subject to having their rights infringed on for crimes.

All constitutional rights can be abridged or infringed for crimes it is still a right of the individual which is protected by the second amendment which is what the second amendment expresses.

iu

STFU, dumbass!

Half does not count.

Judicial activism and you will be giving me Standing for our Ninth Amendment. It is a simple appeal to ignorance. The People are the Militia, you are either well regulated or not for Second Amendment purposes.

Wrong.

The people join the militia.

The purpose if the second amendment is to protect individual rights as it clearly expresses.

It was a sound interpretation not activism.

Your desperate spin is an intellectual failure

iu

Half does not count.

Judicial activism and you will be giving me Standing for our Ninth Amendment. It is a simple appeal to ignorance. The People are the Militia, you are either well regulated or not for Second Amendment purposes.

Wrong.

The people join the militia.

The purpose if the second amendment is to protect individual rights as it clearly expresses.

It was a sound interpretation not activism.

Your desperate spin is an intellectual failure

<Ahem> Danielfailos is an intellectual failure. :rolleyes:

Yes there is

" The right of the people "

Which applies strictly to individuals
No, it doesn't. The People and the Militia are collective and plural not Individual.
The Supreme Court disagrees with you.
Our Second Amendment is Express not Implied. We have a Ninth Amendment. Any questions?
Yes, I do have a question. Have you had a CAT scan recently? Because there's something going on in your head.
LOL. Yes, logic and reason, unlike with the whole and entire, right wing.
...says the guy who insists the Second Amendment is a collective right.

You lefties sure do like your kollektivism, don't you?

If I knew more about guns I wouldn`t mind seeing 11 bodies leaving the synagogue, school, movie theater, concert, etc. in body bags? Got it. I`ll try to educate myself.

You have issues. You probably shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

Unfortunately, State Mental Health programs have been closed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back