Said1 Please Tell Me The American Is Getting This Wrong?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Annie, May 17, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/004497.php

2. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    That's correct, I was watching this on the news last night after I played Pong.
    The entire press gallery laughed at both of them after Martin announced the "move". I was laughing my ass off too, if it wasn't for the terrible timing, I think she'd make a great liberal. Human resources teehee - maybe she can do something about the federal government's language policies LOL! :D

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :laugh: Alright then, seems you could move this government to Illinois. A couple of days ago, our wonderful governor, pissed about a federal investigation into his 'financial dealings' resulting in a flurry of subpoenas responded to a reporter's question regarding his downslide in a poll, saying he has the 'testicular virility' to withstand such nonsense. :shocked: No, I am NOT kidding:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/marin/cst-edt-carol18.html

It's pretty funny, especially when you realize that he is now in these difficulties because of a 'family fight' with his father-in-law, a Chicago alderman over the holidays, that went public in January. :rolleyes:

4. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    She wasn't taken very seriouly during her first attempts at politics, I think this just made it worse. Oh well, she's really young, she has lots of time to live it down.

I caught the tail end of a local radio talk show yesterday afternoon, and the last few callers were really pissed, should be interesting listening today.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well it appears that Martin over achieved in his accomplishments! ;) What is that quote about rising to one's level of ineptitude? :happy2:

6. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

One more thing (if it wasn't funny enough as it is), Last night, a reporter asked her if her boyfriend broke up with her because she switched parties. :teeth:

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :laugh: I dread to think what they may ask the governor's wife! :shocked: Please don't tell him or her how comfortable they might feel here, we have enough of them!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/servi...0175may18,1,2945294.column?ctrack=1&cset=true

John Kass:

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    What is going on up there? This is sounding so un-Canada like...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...ational/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20050518.wlibz0518

9. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Actually, there was anothr BC MP accused of trying to bribe a pizza cook/delivery guy. He signed an affidavit stating that she would help him obtain citizenship if he delivered free pizzas to her party headquarters. No joke! A stripper worked on her campaigne and received special treatment too (I may not have all the details exact, but that's the overall gist). The MP was cleared, and the pizza guy admitted he was lying, still pretty freekin funny though. She was on the raido Saturday, crying about how she'll never live that down. Guess she had some enemies somewhere. :D

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Honestly, this is sounding more and more like Chicago politics. :shocked: