CDZ Sadly, I fear we are still one grisly step away from resolving the gun debate

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by usmbguest5318, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Tijn Von Ingersleben

Tijn Von Ingersleben Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,175
    No doubt. A private school education often indicates more about a student's parent s than just the ability to shoulder cost.

Oh, no doubt. However, those assaults were extra student body as well as committed by entities who did not acquire their weapons legally. If they did, they were members of terrorist organizations. Not as if many of those wait on a 72 hour background check.

Oh, I can. Watch the media the next time a wealthy child goes missing or is kidnapped or raped. Wealth protects wealth and things seem to just 'get done' when the ultra wealthy are involved. This is not a knock on the wealthy mind you. This just is the case.

2. usmbguest5318

usmbguest5318 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,768

[​IMG]

Maybe the point didn't go over your head and you've instead taken it upon yourself to try casting my OP's comments and theme as something they are not. I can't say for sure, but giving you the benefit of the doubt and thus eschewing the notion that your remarks were guilefully ignoble, I'm going with "the point went over your head."

The point isn't that private schools haven't or have been "hit," but that the country's "super elite" have not been the victims of someone who violates the bonhomie of "bastions of safety and solitude" and visit upon them the carnage and subsequent anguish, loss, etc. that have beset the lower socioeconomic classes. It could, for example, be private schools like Choate or Miss Porter's, it could social clubs like University, Core, Ivy, St. Anthony's Hall, or Little Beach. It could be a posh party or family gathering in Oyster Bay or a foursome at Loblolly. Where the event occurs is irrelevant.
    The point of the OP was clear and another member already summarized its theme quite well, twice in fact.

The rhetorical purpose of the polls inclusion is that whatever their margin of error, they illustrate that the nation's appetite for gun control has increased dramatically and despite that being so, there remains no substantive and definitive action that has been taken, be it gun control or otherwise -- "[super-elite folks] will demand and receive, as with everything else, precisely the action they want to receive -- because the most influential folks in the country have, as a segment of society, continued to be unaffected personally and specifically by the violence that "regular" folks have had to endure.

3. miketx

miketx Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55,254
    Yeah just arm the teachers. Threat over. You people don't want that, instead you want to eliminate all lawful ownership of guns. But you'll deny it and say you don't, you just want to ban AR-15's, the most popular sporting rifle in the United States. But you are lying. When the most popular thing is no longer available, what do people do? Well golly, they start using the next most popular thing, and then the fanatical liars will want that banned. Then the cycle repeats again and again until all guns are banned. But crime and murder are still there and in greater numbers.

This is reality and it's not going to happen unless you start a war and then you may not win it.