CDZ Sadly, I fear we are still one grisly step away from resolving the gun debate

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by usmbguest5318, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Tijn Von Ingersleben

Tijn Von Ingersleben Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,175
    An action plan? How do you figure? He was simply stating that the children of the power elite and as an extension, the power elite have not been directly affected by these mass shootings. He further stated that in the event that it did happen then and only then would we see true action. These are valid and cogent points. Stop churchin it up...it is what it is.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Manonthestreet

Manonthestreet Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,420
    We won't reach that point if simple steps are taken now to protect the children. Do you see any desire by him to do that in any of his posts...I don't. Do you see any proposals from the left short of gun bans to protect them? I haven't. I have asked for them in multiple threads all you get is radio silence. What other conclusion can be drawn other than their desire is the path he laid out?

3. Tijn Von Ingersleben

Tijn Von Ingersleben Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,175
    You make the logical mistake of assuming intent based on no stated course of action (solution). He was simply positing an idea that MANY people have considered. There was a post on this very site shortly after the shooting questioning the fact that there have been zero mass shooting in private schools. Additionally, accusations of this type should not be flung around willy nilly. This is a forum where free ideas are encouraged. I suggest that unless you have serious proof of anyone's actions you should stop with the 'thought police' angle.

4. andaronjim

andaronjim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,289
    What law of the GUN FREE ZONE would of helped the children in the Broward County Public School not be shot? Total confiscation of all legal weapons? Would a criminal not get an illegal gun to shoot up that FREE TO KILL ZONE?

Damn man pull your head out of your ass, or one day you will wake up with like this.

firstdemocrat.jpg

5. usmbguest5318

usmbguest5318 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,768
    Look. You've been informed of what the thread topic is. It is not gun-free zones or any measure of gun control. Please address the topic or don't post; your choice.

6. Manonthestreet

Manonthestreet Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,420
    Thought police has nothing to do with it.......you disagree fine......merely telling you my first impression when I read it...what's his solution again?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. BlackSand

BlackSand Nobody Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,120
    To the contrary ... You opened that bag of worms in how you posed the discussion.

Where federal law does apply to both private and public schools ...
    There are exceptions (some regulated by the individual states) that can offer a legally licensed firearm owner to carry a firearm on school property.
    The ability to achieve the required license can be greatly effected in the case of private schools.
    In some cases all you need is a Conceal and Carry Permit for "licensed" to apply.

You are the one making the case that until the elite suffer the same consequences we won't see effective legislation.
    That very well could be tied to the fact that private schools might not be as "gun free" as you assume.

Still ... Even that could be a case of how the elite have gone further in allowing the ability to protect themselves and their own than the general public.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  8. yiostheoy

yiostheoy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,001
    There will be MORE not less school shootings until the schools solve their SECURITY DEFICIENCIES.

This has nothing to do with guns.

Schools need iron doors and metal detectors and armed security -- men who will do their jobs not like the puzzy sheriffs deputy in Florida who did NOT do his job.

9. Circe

Circe Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,114

My goodness, is there someone still here who believes in polls?

After Brexit and the Trump election?

All polls are lies: that's surely what we have to conclude from the poll results in 2016. I assume that anyone who cites polls is propagandizing and that there's not a word of truth in any poll.

Best practice is stopping reading any article or anything after the word "poll" comes up, because it's useless after that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Circe

Circe Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,114
    It's an interesting point, about private schools, but I'm not impressed that this is anything but a statistical quirk: there are so many more students in public schools. And more troubled, a lot of them.

And certainly private schools in other countries have been hit --- Jewish day centers, and of course that Indian military school that was pretty much wiped entirely out. And Boko Haram regularly harvests all the girls from Nigerian private schools for sex slaves. Even in this country there are terrible things that happen in private schools ---- many, many pedophilia crimes, and there was that rape culture thing going on for years at St. Paul's that was exposed a couple years ago.

It will happen, but I can't see such an event having an effect on the gun control issue, except maybe to make the private school set more eager to have their own guns. The whole thing is a security issue. If government really cannot cope, and clearly they cannot, the people do sort of need to deal with security ourselves.