s the USA Officially a Third World Super Power Now?

• The wealthy dominate politics. Nowhere else in the developed world are the rich and their corporations able to buy elections with such impunity.
  • Big Money dominates the media. The real story about how we're getting ripped off is hidden in a blizzard of BS that comes from all the major media outlets...brought to you by....

• The wealthy dominate politics. Nowhere else in the developed world are the rich and their corporations able to buy elections with such impunity.
  • Big Money dominates the media. The real story about how we're getting ripped off is hidden in a blizzard of BS that comes from all the major media outlets...brought to you by....

Dude. THe numbers in your op are absurd.

If you want to go with them, you at the very least need to find a more credible source, one that explains these very surprising numbers before you continue trying to draw conclusions on them.

Or let this thread die, and try again with less ridiculous numbers.

you share the mindset of those euphemistically called "burned out alcoholics"-----
there is also a term "burned out schizophrenics"-----but they have a different
mindset. When approaching the MEDIA---try sticking to the "comics" page----
or----on TV-----the weather

If you want to go with them, you at the very least need to find a more credible source, one that explains these very surprising numbers before you continue trying to draw conclusions on them.

what do you mean "ABSURD"-----I am busy trying to figure out my "wealth" ----how much do you think half a head of wilted lettuce is worth?

It's not ...MY... OP.

Is there one cause of the middle-class collapse that rises above all others?

Yes. The International Labor organization produced a remarkable study (Global Wage Report 2012-13) that sorts out the causes of why wages have remained stagnant while elite incomes have soared. The report compares key causal explanations like declining bargaining power of unions, porous social safety nets, globalization, new technologies and financialization.

Guess which one had the biggest impact on the growing split between the 1 percent and the 99 percent?

Financialization!

what do you mean "ABSURD"-----I am busy trying to figure out my "wealth" ----how much do you think half a head of wilted lettuce is worth?
A rotten tomato...

And Hillary is running her campaign with no money backing her?

you share the mindset of those euphemistically called "burned out alcoholics"-----

I don't buy newspapers.

All newspapers are good for is for lining the bottom of birdcages or starting fires.

It's not ...MY... OP.

Yes. The International Labor organization produced a remarkable study (Global Wage Report 2012-13) that sorts out the causes of why wages have remained stagnant while elite incomes have soared. The report compares key causal explanations like declining bargaining power of unions, porous social safety nets, globalization, new technologies and financialization.

Guess which one had the biggest impact on the growing split between the 1 percent and the 99 percent?

Financialization!

An International Labour organization?

Yeah, right.

IMO, wage stagnation is primarily caused by poor Trade Policy. We should change that.

It's not ...MY... OP.

Financialization!

!!!!! THE INTERNATIONAL LABOR ORGANIZATION !!!!!!! isn't that a Zionist
Plot thing? ------invented by EUGENE DEBS (presented himself as Christian but we all KNOW that he was secretly a jew) oh my----a subversive

I don't buy newspapers.

All newspapers are good for is for lining the bottom of birdcages or starting fires.

always remove the newspaper from the bottom of the birdcage before
starting the fire

A rotten tomato...

A tomato is never rotten------only part of it is rotten------the mycelia---however
do permeate the whole thing------NEVERTHELESS------cut out the rot----boil
the tomato for three minutes-----peel----place in a small jar in the freezer-----
a whole bunch of such jars make SPAGHETTI SAUCE. Lettuce is less salvagable

It's not ...MY... OP.

Financialization!

!!!!! THE INTERNATIONAL LABOR ORGANIZATION !!!!!!! isn't that a Zionist
Plot thing? ------invented by EUGENE DEBS (presented himself as Christian but we all KNOW that he was secretly a jew) oh my----a subversive
Zio plots?

This sure is...Windows 10 Here are privacy issues you should consider

This one here will drop America to at least 28th in 3rd world status.

ok ----thanks------yeah-----sure-------fret not-----the sun is going to COLLAPSE into a black hole

Bobby, your arrogant and ignorant, always the mark of a bigot.

Do you have any actual theory for the OP that will stand up with actual facts?

First you project, then you use an ad hominem, then you whine to me about using actual facts?

Seriously?

Take a look at the link then get back to me...Big Lie America Doesn t Have 1 Richest Middle-Class in the World We re Ranked 27th Alternet

I am not interested in the topic-------also ---it is not clear to me that "median
wealth" is any kind of reasonable measure of anything. "median wealth"??

If you read the article, dear, you would find out what Median wealth is, duh.

First you project, then you use an ad hominem, then you whine to me about using actual facts?

Seriously?

Take a look at the link then get back to me...Big Lie America Doesn t Have 1 Richest Middle-Class in the World We re Ranked 27th Alternet

I am not interested in the topic-------also ---it is not clear to me that "median
wealth" is any kind of reasonable measure of anything. "median wealth"??
The most telling comparative measurement is median wealth (per adult). It describes the amount of wealth accumulated by the person precisely in the middle of the wealth distribution—50 percent of the adult population has more wealth, while 50 percent has less. You can't get more middle than that.

PS: if your not interested in this topic what are you doing in this thread then?

193K for Australia?

I'm calling bullshit. There is some type of statistically lying going on here.

without bothering to read the article ----I am convinced that it is based on
------lousy data. "MEDIAN WEALTH"-----I have no idea what my
"WEALTH" is-----nor would I care to put whatever such a figure might
be on a questionnaire. I do have a PC----but it is really lousy-----I have
some old beat up dishes and ----pots---lots of pots -----
I notice that my underwear is breaking down. But I do have ~~~ la la la
la la --the sun in the morning ~~and the moon at night ~~~la la la

I skimmed it, it had no information on how the numbers were calculated.

You are amazing to me.

From The Fucking Article
"Our middle class is falling further and further behind in comparison to the rest of the world. We keep hearing that America is number one. Well, when it comes to middle-class wealth, we're number 27.

The most telling comparative measurement is median wealth (per adult). It describes the amount of wealth accumulated by the person precisely in the middle of the wealth distribution—50 percent of the adult population has more wealth, while 50 percent has less. You can't get more middle than that.

Wealth is measured by the total sum of all our assets (homes, bank accounts, stocks, bonds etc.) minus our liabilities (outstanding loans and other debts). It the best indicator we have for individual and family prosperity. While the never-ending accumulation of wealth may be wrecking the planet, wealth also provides basic security, especially in a country like ours with such skimpy social programs. Wealth allows us to survive periods of economic turmoil. Wealth allows our children to go to college without incurring crippling debts, or to get help for the down payment on their first homes."

that help you any, dude?

The top 27 nations in median wealth (per adult).

"Big Lie: America Doesn't Have #1 Richest Middle-Class in the World: We're Ranked 27th!
America is the richest country on Earth. We have the most millionaires, the most billionaires—and an increasingly poor middle-class."
1. Australia $193,653
2. Luxembourg $153,967
3. Japan $141,410
4. Italy $123,710
5. Belgium $119,937
6. United Kingdom $115,245
7. Iceland $ 95,685
8. Singapore $ 95,542 (non-OECD)
9. Switzerland $ 87,137
10. Denmark $ 87,121
11. Austria $ 81,649
12. Canada $ 81,610
13. France $ 81,274
14. Norway $ 79,376
15. Finland $ 73,487
16. New Zealand $ 63,000
17. Netherlands $ 61,880
18. Ireland $ 60,953
19. Qatar $ 57,027 (non-OECD)
20. Spain $ 53,292
21. United Arab Emir. $ 47,998 (non-OECD)
22. Taiwan $ 45,451 (non-OECD)
23. Germany $ 42,222
24. Sweden $ 41,367
25. Cyprus $ 40,535 (non-OECD)
26. Kuwait $ 40,346 (non-OECD)
27. United States $ 38,786
Big Lie America Doesn t Have 1 Richest Middle-Class in the World We re Ranked 27th Alternet

Can we stop pretending now that the corporate take over of our political system and the ridiculous 'free trade' has been without cost to average Americans?

Well ya put the Left in charge and everything goes to shit. Axiomatic... no other possibility exist.

Actually I think this began with the Nixon administration and even LBJ and some of the excesses of the Great Society. The continual climb of tax rates and the decrease of Corporate taxes relative to private taxes are a big part of this. Of course the article goes into more details, chiefly blaming Republicans, but I don't think that there is enough difference between the two parties any more to blame one vrs the other.

They are both owned by corporations and dance to the corporate piper' tune.

Bobby, your arrogant and ignorant, always the mark of a bigot.

Do you have any actual theory for the OP that will stand up with actual facts?

Seriously?

Projectionists extraordinaire like you always blame others for projectionism. It is not an ad hom when my comments exactly describe you. You are a bigot. Foxfyre is an extremist libertarian. PoliticalChic is a political and religious reactionary extremist. These are incontrovertible facts, not ad hominem slurs.

Seriously.

No: the Joos are not the fault. Get back to me when you can talk honestly having "any actual theory for the OP that will stand up with actual facts."

Oh ok, I get it. You couldn't refute any of my facts in previous threads, so you're projecting and playing the bigot card to try and get even. Naturally you still haven't read any of the article at the posted link yet. What's the matter? Too long of an article? Can't you squeeze the article onto the screen of your free 0bama Iphone?

Read the article at the link then get back to me. If all you can do is off topic whining, don't bother.
Ah, I hit a nerve. OK, you don't get it because of your narcissism, as well as the arrogance and ignorance and the projectionism. Your "proof" has been easily rebutted. // :lol: Obama phone. // My retirement income is probably alone several times the value of your total net worth. Truly, Bobby, you act as if everyone else has not a clue. We saw you coming a long ways off.

Some of that is true. The insinuation that it is all the fault of the social con Christian far right is wrong. ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back