s Impossible For The US To Default

This simply has to be the dumbest post of the year. The problem arises when China and the other nations quit loaning us money.
Another fool who doesn't understand basic things. China and other nations don't have to "loan us money." We make our own currency, and even if interest rates went up, we'd be able to comfortably pay them off.

Yo Einstein, what happens when the US prints so many dollars it over supplies the demand? Hint: It becomes worthless
Let us know when it becomes worthless....I bet you'd like a stack of Rubles right now, instead of US dollars..
These fools pretend we're going to print massive amounts of money and directly inject it evenly into the economy.. They don't understand inflation or the debt,

Look who is calling anyone a fool, you think a nation can just print money and all will be ok. That is the height of economic illiteracy

This simply has to be the dumbest post of the year. The problem arises when China and the other nations quit loaning us money.
Another fool who doesn't understand basic things. China and other nations don't have to "loan us money." We make our own currency, and even if interest rates went up, we'd be able to comfortably pay them off.

Yo Einstein, what happens when the US prints so many dollars it over supplies the demand? Hint: It becomes worthless
Let us know when it becomes worthless....I bet you'd like a stack of Rubles right now, instead of US dollars..
These fools pretend we're going to print massive amounts of money and directly inject it evenly into the economy.. They don't understand inflation or the debt,
Or electronic money..

You think that injecting it INdirectly will prevent it from having an inflationary impact? LOL!!!

You think that injecting it INdirectly will prevent it from having an inflationary impact? LOL!!!

BBbut the poster claims we don't know anything about inflation....start printing money at will...you'll soon see inflation

Not what I said.

BBbut the poster claims we don't know anything about inflation....start printing money at will...you'll soon see inflation
Not what I want to do. But.. We've been printing for decades and we've had a debt since.. Well, you should know that already, I need you to do your own research.

Look who is calling anyone a fool, you think a nation can just print money and all will be ok. That is the height of economic illiteracy
Not what I said. We do print money at will though, and have been doing that for some time. Have we died yet?

Not what I said.

You quote someone in your OP that says we can just print money.

And you use a qualifier like "directly".

It certainly does seem to be what you were saying.

Not what I said. We do print money at will though, and have been doing that for some time. Have we died yet?

You're saying print money at will to avoid a default...bad business and the repercussions would be disastrous

Not what I said.

You quote someone in your OP that says we can just print money.

And you use a qualifier like "directly".

It certainly does seem to be what you were saying.
We can indeed print money, we do it all the time and have been for some time. The OP is 100% correct. Funny thing, we'll never reach the point where we need to burst out more money anyways, we have the means to pay off the debt interest even if rates go up.

A line you could use on someone smoking 5 packs a day.

You're saying print money at will to avoid a default...bad business and the repercussions would be disastrous
Disastrous? Sure, there will be some effects on inflation, but inflation isn't the end of days. For example, if you had to choose between inflation and controlling unemployment...

What? You can't apply smoking to this discussion. Our economy has been running with creating our own money for some time, and we're fine.

Disastrous? Sure, there will be some effects on inflation, but inflation isn't the end of days. For example, if you had to choose between inflation and controlling unemployment...

You fool, inflation would be runaway, imported goods would skyrocket, the standard of living would plummet, people on fixed incomes would be strangled. You've never taken an economics class have you?

What? You can't apply smoking to this discussion. Our economy has been running with creating our own money for some time, and we're fine.

My point was clear. Just because something hasn't blown up in your face YET, doesn't mean it never will.

My point was clear. Just because something hasn't blown up in your face YET, doesn't mean it never will.
Don't fix it if it's working..

Obama's Zimbabwe plan.

obama-printing-money.jpeg

Forum List

Back