S.F. Supes Pass Happy Meal Ban with Veto-Proof Majority

California just cracks me up. The whole State is about to go down the tubes and their biggest priority is a Happy Meal served at McDonalds. Watching what goes on in that State is better than any SitCom that's ever been on tv.

Dog.....this is only happening in SF not the State.....

California is a beautiful, well maintained State. However, the people look sickly, underfed and they behave strangely. Something is way way wrong in California.

As well, you cannot get a decent cup of coffee in California OR a good meal. Here in Texas we happen to know what good food and good coffee are.

Anyway, driving back from California I had the CB radio on and a bunch of Truckers were talking. One said he could hardly wait for a big earthquake to break California off into the ocean. Hoots, hollers, high fives and honks of approval went on all the way to Arizona!

It's curious that California being a leading agricultural State has such puny, sickly looking citizens.

Maybe what they need are MORE Happy Meals.

at least we all have our teeth and dont have bowed legs......and it dont smell like shit here.....and our basketball team always kicks the shit out of those skinny fuckers you call athletes.....see i can play your stupid game too....moron...

California is a beautiful, well maintained State. However, the people look sickly, underfed and they behave strangely. Something is way way wrong in California.

As well, you cannot get a decent cup of coffee in California OR a good meal. Here in Texas we happen to know what good food and good coffee are.

Anyway, driving back from California I had the CB radio on and a bunch of Truckers were talking. One said he could hardly wait for a big earthquake to break California off into the ocean. Hoots, hollers, high fives and honks of approval went on all the way to Arizona!

It's curious that California being a leading agricultural State has such puny, sickly looking citizens.

Maybe what they need are MORE Happy Meals.

at least we all have our teeth and dont have bowed legs......and it dont smell like shit here.....and our basketball team always kicks the shit out of those skinny fuckers you call athletes.....see i can play your stupid game too....moron...

LOL! While I very much appreciate your loyalty to your State, I also recognize you are proud of the good in California, not the, shall we say "unusual issues". And you should be.

As for bowed legs, tooth issues and bad smells, I tend to think those you described were not Texans. Was the game you speak of played in Los Angeles??

By the way -- Texas has won more Nobel Prizes for the Sciences than any other State in the Union. And even Arizona loves our Cowboys. We're pretty good here. Come on down for a visit. You won't want to leave.

LOL! While I very much appreciate your loyalty to your State, I also recognize you are proud of the good in California, not the, shall we say "unusual issues". And you should be.

As for bowed legs, tooth issues and bad smells, I tend to think those you described were not Texans. Was the game you speak of played in Los Angeles??

By the way -- Texas has won more Nobel Prizes for the Sciences than any other State in the Union. And even Arizona loves our Cowboys. We're pretty good here. Come on down for a visit. You won't want to leave.

well your sure reaping many of the businesses that are leaving here...and hey i got a deal for ya....the non-far leftist here will give you two Congressional people we have here (ones a Senator the other used to be a Speaker) for a Legislator to be named later,your choice.....both are very experienced .....what do you say?.....:eusa_angel:

And so it begins...

WASHINGTON (AP) — Are the toys in your child's Happy Meal making him fat?

The Center for Science in the Public Interest says they are. The Washington-based consumer advocacy group threatened to file a lawsuit against McDonald's Tuesday, charging that the fast food chain "unfairly and deceptively" markets the toys to children.

"McDonald's marketing has the effect of conscripting America's children into an unpaid drone army of word-of-mouth marketers, causing them to nag their parents to bring them to McDonald's," CSPI's Stephen Gardner wrote to the heads of the chain in a letter announcing the lawsuit.

CSPI says the suit would be filed in state court. The center has not settled on a state yet, but the group believes the toys in Happy Meals violate state consumer protection laws in Massachusetts, Texas, the District of Columbia, New Jersey and California.

"At some point parents get worn down," Jacobson says. "They don't always want to be saying no to their children. We feel like an awful lot of parents would be relieved if this one pressure was removed from them."

McDonald's May Face Lawsuit Over Happy Meals - Food Manufacturing

Nanny government wants to protect spineless parents from their whiny children. Can't make this shit up. :cuckoo:

Anyone else see that?

The liberals of San Francisco have mandated now that a private business cannot give a child a toy for free.

You libs wonder why we look at you all like you are all retards, and wonder why we think that of you, then you go and do this.

So I open up a private business that sells food.
I have special meals for kids, that are smaller, and affordable for single moms on a strict budget.
To show my appreciation for their business, and just to make the kid happy, I include a free toy.

And libs pass a law that says I can go to jail if I keep doing it.:cuckoo:

Sorry, I didn't see it already. But this is so absurd, it deserves more attention. Here is a quote from SF city gov't:

"We're part of a movement that is moving forward an agenda of food justice," said Supervisor Eric Mar, who sponsored the measure. "From San Francisco to New York City, the epidemic of childhood obesity in this country is making our kids sick, particularly kids from low income neighborhoods, at an alarming rate. It's a survival issue and a day-to-day issue."

FOOD JUSTICE???

The addition of fruits and veggies are gonna increase the costs for the business, which in turn will make the happy meals more expensive, and then those who are "low income" won't be able to afford it any more!!

The best part? They said if the meal is under 600 calories, it can include a toy. Well......a hamburger and small fries is under 600 calories at McDonalds. So the stupid liberals can't even enforce the damn law!!!

Sorry, I didn't see it already. But this is so absurd, it deserves more attention. Here is a quote from SF city gov't:

"We're part of a movement that is moving forward an agenda of food justice," said Supervisor Eric Mar, who sponsored the measure. "From San Francisco to New York City, the epidemic of childhood obesity in this country is making our kids sick, particularly kids from low income neighborhoods, at an alarming rate. It's a survival issue and a day-to-day issue."

FOOD JUSTICE???

The addition of fruits and veggies are gonna increase the costs for the business, which in turn will make the happy meals more expensive, and then those who are "low income" won't be able to afford it any more!!

The best part? They said if the meal is under 600 calories, it can include a toy. Well......a hamburger and small fries is under 600 calories at McDonalds. So the stupid liberals can't even enforce the damn law!!!

It's yet another example of the erosion of people's rights. It sucks. California is a state of stupid people.

FOOD JUSTICE???

It's yet another example of the erosion of people's rights. It sucks. California is a state of stupid people.

Well, South Carolina Democrats voted for Alvin Greene, the same man who is pending trial on a felony sex charge, and who said the best way to stimulate South Carolina's economy was to create a line of action figures of himself to sell. Yeah, Greene took 30% of the vote!!!! Which basically tells me every Democrat voted for him.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Guess California is the national asylum.

I've never understood the logic behind people thinking lower-income families can't afford to eat healthy. Fast food is much cheaper than chicken, rice, and corn I make at home.

I've never understood the logic behind people thinking lower-income families can't afford to eat healthy. Fast food is much cheaper than chicken, rice, and corn I make at home.

Well, they can. Fresh fruit and veggies from grocery stores are actually cheap. Remember, this is America, and healthy food is in lower demand than junk.

But forcing McDonalds to ship that fresh produce in and changing their menus and registers computers, and pricing, training employees for the changes, etc, etc, is gonna cause the prices of the meals to go up. The $3 Happy Meal and an hour of exercise on the playground is what made McDonalds such a great place for low income families. They can feed their kid for cheap, get a free toy, and play for a while for free on the equipment. Truly a wonderful thing McDonalds did for the customers.

But San Fran had to end that.

Whats next?

A government official standing at the grocery checkout line to inspect your grocery cart, to ensure you are purchasing the proper foods for your child.

unhappymeal-1-300x264.jpg

And so it begins...

WASHINGTON (AP) — Are the toys in your child's Happy Meal making him fat?

The Center for Science in the Public Interest says they are. The Washington-based consumer advocacy group threatened to file a lawsuit against McDonald's Tuesday, charging that the fast food chain "unfairly and deceptively" markets the toys to children.

"McDonald's marketing has the effect of conscripting America's children into an unpaid drone army of word-of-mouth marketers, causing them to nag their parents to bring them to McDonald's," CSPI's Stephen Gardner wrote to the heads of the chain in a letter announcing the lawsuit.

CSPI says the suit would be filed in state court. The center has not settled on a state yet, but the group believes the toys in Happy Meals violate state consumer protection laws in Massachusetts, Texas, the District of Columbia, New Jersey and California.

"At some point parents get worn down," Jacobson says. "They don't always want to be saying no to their children. We feel like an awful lot of parents would be relieved if this one pressure was removed from them."

McDonald's May Face Lawsuit Over Happy Meals - Food Manufacturing

Nanny government wants to protect spineless parents from their whiny children. Can't make this shit up. :cuckoo:
Looks like the folks at the Center for Science in the Public Interest are liberal weenies who are incapable of telling their children "no". Might stifle their outspokenness and permanently harm their self-esteem, don'tcha know. :cool:

Morons.

Go figure... That's why California is so screwed. You have dumbasses running the government. If I were McDonalds I would raise the price on all of the food and put a notice up in every restaurant saying due to the regulations of the State and Local Governments prices have increased.

For some reason I still don't think Californians understand why it's so expensive to live there.

Forum List

Back