Ryan calls for ending oil subsidies

Sounds good to me. Let's cut subsidies and cut the red tape. Let them earn their money by producing gasoline for us to use.
Praise the LAWD!!!

We gotta FLIP-FLOPPIN' TEABAGGER!!!

(...Or, is that a Teabaggin' Flip-Flopper?????
301.gif
)​

When have I ever supported subsidies?

Are you going to support Ryan as he tries to eliminate them? Or are you just going to mock him?

Nor will the democrats.

Why would ANYONE? R, D or I be against cutting out corporate welfare for these oil companies?

Grover Norquist calls this kind of cut a tax increase, and thus opposes it.
....And, who'd ever disagree with HIS judgement??!!!

October 24, 2005

"By February 2003, Cohen's position had been enshrined as official policy, in the form of a hundred-page blueprint for the occupied nation titled, "Moving the Iraqi Economy from Recovery to Sustainable Growth"-a plan that generally embodied the principles for postwar Iraq favored by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, Deputy Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, and the Iran-Contra figure Elliott Abrams, now Deputy National Security Adviser. Nominally written by a committee of Defense, State, and Treasury officials, the blueprint was in fact the brainchild of a platoon of corporate lobbyists, chief among them the flattax fanatic Grover Norquist. From overhauling tax rates to rewriting copyright law, the document mapped out a radical makeover of Iraq as a free-market Xanadu-a sort of Chile on the Tigris-including the sell-off of the nation's crown jewels: "privatization... [of] the oil and supporting industries."

When have I ever supported subsidies?

Are you going to support Ryan as he tries to eliminate them? Or are you just going to mock him?
Yeah.....we wouldn't want to mock that.....

*​

"Here's the difference: under Ryan's plan, the government pays a set amount for Medicare and you pay for the rest. So far, that's pretty similar to the congressional plan. But that set amount goes up very slowly under Ryan's plan — much more slowly than the actual rise in the cost of health insurance — which means that seniors have to pay a bigger and bigger share of the total premium cost as the years go by."

Last edited:
I like Ryan. He's showing some real leadership. No one should support Corporate Welfare. Go get em Mr. Ryan!

“We’re talking about reforming the safety net, the welfare system; we also want to get rid of corporate welfare. And corporate welfare goes to agribusiness companies, energy companies, financial services companies, so we propose to repeal all that,” Ryan said in response to a question about oil subsidies.

Read more: Ryan calls for ending oil subsidies - Robin Bravender - POLITICO.com
Is this just Ryan trying to get people off of his "kill MediCare" message?

No.

His plan actually follows some of the recommendations of Obama's fiscal commission. He wants to expand the tax base by eliminating tax loopholes and subsidies.

By the way, the only real subsidies the oil industry gets is for their investments in developing alternative energy. Most of the stuff that is getting labelled as subsidies by Democrats are nothing more than tax write offs for expenses, which allows the companies to recoup some of the money they lose in drilling bad wells or dealing with massive government regulation.

No I think he means it.

And good for him for raising the issue.

Boehner and the other GOP faithful won't appreciate it....

Obama is going to be the biggest problem Ryan has in getting rid of those subsidies. He has a distinct fondness for handing out taxpayer money to companies that invest in things he likes. Why do you think he is coming down so hard against Ryan's plan? You don't really believe it is about protecting seniors who tend to vote Republican, do you?

Forum List

Back