Ryan calls for ending oil subsidies

Oh palease... gimme a fucking break. He's one of the only adults left in DC.

Really?? then could you please explain how his plan for medicare will "fix" the problems with it, save it, or address the costs of it in the here and now when it doesn't affect those 55 or older??
Then when you consider the fact that he recently said medicare will be broke in 9 years, how does his plan avert that when his plan does almost nothing for ten years??

Everyone knows medicare is fucked and will help to drag us under.
Ryan and the right want to try something new, if it looks like it won't work, they have 10 to fix any issues before they become real problems.

The lefts idea is to keep doing what they know isn't working.

I would love to hear the justification for that.

So yet another failure on your part to address what I actually said. Thanks again for nothing. Do hard questions about ryan's plan actually scare you that much??

You be sure and let me know when you actually want to debate what I actaully said and then we can talk.
Until then, continue trolling at your leisure.

Last edited:
Is this just Ryan trying to get people off of his "kill MediCare" message?

As time passes, Reps are starting to sound more and more like Ron Paul.

Thank Gawd!!

reps are finally starting to talk the talk, now if we can just get them all to walk the walk.

When the dims pulled out the medicare crap and harped on it only, they were saying; "We don't want to fix the problem. We just want to pick party over country and say reps want granny dead and children to starve."

sadly, the dems bought it hook line and sinker. No free thinking needed.

You do realize that even ron paul doesn't walk the walk especially when it comes to things like earmarks which claims to be against een though he requests them but doesn't return the money when it goes to his own state, don't you? LOL

Go to his website.

I'll let you prove yourself wrong.

The other thing is that I have seen at least a few on the left mention the subsidies for oil companies before so why is it that when ryan says something the assumption is that he is the first to "raise the issue?" LOL

However, my guess is that the energy subsidies he and the right would want to get rid of are those that go toward research for alternative fuels such as wind, solar and ethanol.

question

Are you saying you want the oil subs to become Green subs?

Question

Why ask a question instead of responding to the content??

What i actaully said seems to be clear to me. However, do you have a question about anything specific that I actually said? If so please be specific about what you didn't understand and I will gladly explain it to you.

my question was a response.

Unless you have some childish need to feel superior.

Really?? then could you please explain how his plan for medicare will "fix" the problems with it, save it, or address the costs of it in the here and now when it doesn't affect those 55 or older??
Then when you consider the fact that he recently said medicare will be broke in 9 years, how does his plan avert that when his plan does almost nothing for ten years??

Ryan and the right want to try something new, if it looks like it won't work, they have 10 to fix any issues before they become real problems.

So yet another failure on your part to address what I actually said. Thanks again for nothing. Do hard questions about ryan's plan actually scare you that much??

You be sure and let me know when you actually want to debate what I actaully said and then we can talk.

I see, I am dealing with a child that needs everything explained.

ok, I'll play

Medicare goes millions over budget every year, it's full of fraud and abuse.
It' doesn't work well
we can't afford it as is
People get declared dead by accident on it and thier insurance gets canceled

If we keep doing what we are doing, expecting a different result, we are insane.

Ryans plan allow those used to it, to keep it until death.
We have 10 years to work any problems out
we ALL, will save money
the debt will go down
the value of our money will increas
any screw ups by a private company will end in them getting sued.

on and on

But hey, it's Ryan (R), so he must want to kill old people.

Thank Gawd!!

reps are finally starting to talk the talk, now if we can just get them all to walk the walk.

When the dims pulled out the medicare crap and harped on it only, they were saying; "We don't want to fix the problem. We just want to pick party over country and say reps want granny dead and children to starve."

You do realize that even ron paul doesn't walk the walk especially when it comes to things like earmarks which claims to be against een though he requests them but doesn't return the money when it goes to his own state, don't you? LOL

Go to his website.

I'll let you prove yourself wrong.

Avoidance imagine that. LOL If you have something to say, then say it. Telling me to go look something up proves and says nothing.

question

Are you saying you want the oil subs to become Green subs?

Question

What i actaully said seems to be clear to me. However, do you have a question about anything specific that I actually said? If so please be specific about what you didn't understand and I will gladly explain it to you.

Your question was asking me if I was saying something that I clearly was NOT saying.

So if you care to address what I ACTUALLY said instead of asking bs loaded questions where you try to insert a bs opinion over mine instead of addresing waht I actually said then please address what i actually said.

Question

Your question was asking me if I was saying something that I clearly was NOT saying.

So if you care to address what I ACTUALLY said instead of asking bs loaded questions where you try to insert a bs opinion over mine instead of addresing waht I actually said then please address what i actually said.

It was a yes-no question dipshit.

Have a nice day child, I'm off to talk with some grown ups.

Beaner needs to get his man back in line. And he never really said he wanted to end the oil companies tax break. He alluded to it in a general way. So he can explain himself to Beaner.

I see, I am dealing with a child that needs everything explained.

ok, I'll play

Medicare goes millions over budget every year, it's full of fraud and abuse.
It' doesn't work well
we can't afford it as is
People get declared dead by accident on it and thier insurance gets canceled

If we keep doing what we are doing, expecting a different result, we are insane.

Ryans plan allow those used to it, to keep it until death.
We have 10 years to work any problems out
we ALL, will save money
the debt will go down
the value of our money will increas
any screw ups by a private company will end in them getting sued.

on and on

But hey, it's Ryan (R), so he must want to kill old people.

That nice and all but ryan states that medicare will NOT change for those over 55 so how can we have 10 years to change something that he states will stay the same for at least the next ten years and beyond for those over 55??

Furthermore he claimed that medicare will be BROKE in 9 years not ten.

If their retirement is what is going to make medicare go broke then how does ryan's plan address that when he NOW states that nothing will change for them??

Or will he and the right introduce other changes later to address what he now kicks down the road??

So again I have to ask, why you can't address what was said instead of going off on rants that ignore or avoid facts that don't suit your spin?

It was a yes-no question dipshit.

Have a nice day child, I'm off to talk with some grown ups.

And I stated I did not say anything of the kind. Furthermore that does NOTHING to change the FACT that you failed to respond to what I actually said.

LOL Your comments got exposed as a partisan tripe and avoidance and instead of having the integrity to admit it you call me names and storm off throwing a tantrum. LOL And you try to call me a child?? LOL

Boehner and the other GOP faithful won't appreciate it....

Nor will the democrats.

well, except for all the Democrats that support getting rid of the subsidies. Such as Obama.

There seems to be growing bipartisan consensus on this issue, finally. The only question is whether the oil lobby will be able to buy off enough representatives to prevent it from happening.

My guess is they'll be able to do so.

What planet are you from? Obama is one of the biggest supporters of subsidies in history.

For instance, according to The Daily Caller, T. Boone Pickens, a Texas oil man, has a scheme to create wind farms and increase domestic natural gas production. But the billionaire would like $5 billion in tax subsidies to get started. With Barack Obama as president and oil state Republicans eager to get some kind of domestic drilling jump started, he is confident of getting that money.
Media mogul Ted Turner has invested heavily in green power companies and would like a subsidy as well. Turner points out that oil and gas companies get tax breaks too, so solar, wind, and geothermal should get them as well.
Elon Musk, best known as the CEO of the commercial space company SpaceX, has gotten hundreds of millions of dollars in government loans and loan guarantees for Tesla Motors, his company that proposes to build high end electric sports cars and luxury sedans.
All of this largess to wealthy business tycoons is part of a concerted Obama policy to use tax money to subsidize "green energy" projects that it favors with the idea of transforming the United States from a fossil fuel to an alternative energy economy. But such a program has some inherent risks that happens any time government bureaucrats pick winners and losers to advance an industrial policy.

Barack Obama's Green Energy Subsidies for the Rich - Yahoo! News

Nor will the democrats.

Why would ANYONE? R, D or I be against cutting out corporate welfare for these oil companies?

The other thing is that I have seen at least a few on the left mention the subsidies for oil companies before so why is it that when ryan says something the assumption is that he is the first to "raise the issue?" LOL

However, my guess is that the energy subsidies he and the right would want to get rid of are those that go toward research for alternative fuels such as wind, solar and ethanol.

I actually think that Ron Paul was one of the first to raise the issue of subsides, why would I be trying to give Ryan credit?

No.

His plan actually follows some of the recommendations of Obama's fiscal commission. He wants to expand the tax base by eliminating tax loopholes and subsidies.

By the way, the only real subsidies the oil industry gets is for their investments in developing alternative energy. Most of the stuff that is getting labelled as subsidies by Democrats are nothing more than tax write offs for expenses, which allows the companies to recoup some of the money they lose in drilling bad wells or dealing with massive government regulation.

So in essense we are paying for their bad choices and mistakes? Got it.
They CHOOSE where to drill and if they find nothing the government helps them pay for their mistake??
They damage the environment, air water or otherwise, through mishaps, accidents, or negligence and the government covers at least part of their clean up costs??

and you don't see a problem with that??

WOW!

Did I say that? What I said is that there is a difference between a subsidy and a tax write off for expenses. I even specifically spelled out some of the subsidies that oil companies do get just to illustrate the difference.

You should be aware that if you start shutting down deductions for expenses your taxes will go up. No more credits for mortgage interest, state sales and employment taxes, children, depreciation, and all the other little things you take for granted and make it possible for 48% of Americans to pay no federal income tax. Go you call it a subsidy when you benefit, or do you think that it means that you get to keep your taxes fair?

Thank Gawd!!

It is interesting that you call him out for being inconsistent simply because you assume you know his position. Newsflash, he does not oppose earmarks. You seem to assume that, just because the Republicans are jumping on the earmark bandwagon, Paul must be on it also.

The truth is that if you removed all the earmarks from the budget you would remove 1% of the budget. So there’s not a lot of savings. But, even if you voted against all the earmarks, actually, you don’t even save the 1% because you don’t save any money. What is done is those earmarks are removed and some of them are very wasteful and unnecessary, but that money then goes to the executive branch.

So, in many ways what we are doing here in the Congress is reneging on our responsibilities. Because it is the responsibility of the Congress to earmark. That’s our job. We’re supposed to tell the people how we’re spending the money. Not to just deliver it in the lump sum to the executive branch and let them deal with it. And then it’s dealt with behind the scenes. Actually, if you voted against all the earmarks there would be less transparency. Earmarks really allow transparency and we know exactly where the money is being spent.

You know, the big issue is the spending. If you don’t like the spending, vote against the bill. But the principle of earmarking is something that we have to think about because we’re just further undermining the responsibilities that we have here in the Congress. And if we want to get things under control it won’t be because we vote against an earmark and make a big deal of attacking earmarks because it doesn’t address the subject.
Ron Paul on Earmarks

Last edited:
Too little, too late. Ryan has lost credibility with his kill medicare programs. He may not recover from that.
Air Pauley DOES appear to be losing altitude.....FAST!!!

"Today on ABC’s This Week, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) acknowledged to host Christiane Amanpour that the latest round of congressional town hall meetings have revealed a building frustration among voters over the budget plan he engineered for the Republicans."

paul-ryan-sad.jpg

<Sniff><Sniff>​

Boehner and the other GOP faithful won't appreciate it....

Nor will the democrats.

Why would ANYONE? R, D or I be against cutting out corporate welfare for these oil companies?

Government uses corporate welfare to control oil companies & elicit campaign donations. They are not about to give up their control of oil companies. Especially control freak Democrats. They would prefer a windfall profits tax over a cut in oil company subsidies.

Too little, too late. Ryan has lost credibility with his kill medicare programs. He may not recover from that.
Air Pauley DOES appear to be losing altitude.....FAST!!!

"Today on ABC’s This Week, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) acknowledged to host Christiane Amanpour that the latest round of congressional town hall meetings have revealed a building frustration among voters over the budget plan he engineered for the Republicans."

<Sniff><Sniff>

<Sniff><Sniff> I'm going to be losing BP money.

obama_crying_wideweb__470x3520.jpg

Forum List

Back