rw rubes fall for rw hate media ruse about our President

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Does Obama Want a Higher Pension?
The rumor that President Obama wants to increase his retirement benefits started in March 2016 when conservative websites carried bogus stories with inaccurate headlines, such as “BREAKING: Obama Just Gave Himself a MASSIVE Pay Raise…FOREVER!” and “Obama demands a higher presidential pension and more benefits!

Another site claimed that “Obama wants to give himself a massive reward & YOU are going to pay for it.”

This led, naturally, to a Facebook image of Obama “demanding a higher pension.”

In all cases, the articles referred to a March 16 report by the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service that carried a more staid headline, “Former Presidents: Pensions, Office Allowances, and Other Federal Benefits.” In that report, the CRS noted that the White House’s fiscal year 2017 budget requested $3,865,000 “for expenditures for former Presidents, an increase of $588,000 (17.9%) from the FY2016 appropriation level.”

so they were right and you just made that they are.

our seniors and Vets get dick for cola, but it's cool that 'our' Pres hooks himself and his fellow pols up for life.

do you have any idea just how dumb you are?

ummm..... I'm a vet and I'm very satisfied w/ my benefits

You were saying?
I'm saying you're a sheep.

you're happy when the (D) is fucking you over, giving you pennies while they make it rain, on themselves.

every year the pols give themselves huge raises and fuck everyone else over.

but hey, obama did it, so it must mean he didn't do it.

Forum List

Back