Russia wants to put a nuclear weapon in space. Congress has their hair on fire. Is it an EMP?

I was under the impression that a nuke in space was designed to be launched to the surface for total war destruction. I don't think it's for popping up there to eradicate satellites in a large area. Although, that would be a possibility. We should tell them that we will not be pleased if they send one up into orbit. That it will be the last thing that they ever do.
Look up Kessler Effect next....
Basically it will destroy ALL the satellites in orbit. There's a LOT of junk up there now. But sending up nukes to destroy satellites will make it even worse.

1708031741454.png

Basically it will destroy ALL the satellites in orbit. There's a LOT of junk up there now. But sending up nukes to destroy satellites will make it even worse.
Kessler was right, way back then. Suppose that nuking space junk, with small tactical nukes, because the big ones will blow radioactive material down into our gravitational pull, might be advantageous?

I would be more concerned about some low yield bursts to not so much destroy anything but cause more fear driving and dissension. That and around a million in place sleepers on the ground to start shenanigans. The electric and water grids are so stressed out now it would only take a few dozen selected substations to be down for a few weeks to really cause grief, no matter what time of year. A few years ago we weren't making big transmission transformers or switchgear here, we had to order if from Germany, and the lead time was months. The sad thing is that a disruption in the food chain or energy grid would benefit the criminal element here more than anyone else. I don't see why they would risk attacking us when we are doing such a good job of doing ourselves in. Remember the probe in California, just a couple of rifles almost took out Silicon Valley, and was never solved. There have been a lot of this since, too, probing. We won't sit this one out. https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...on-calif-power-station-raises-terrorism-fears

EMP has a totally different meaning in my household. My ball and chain says I am the best at it.

Oh Shit, now what?

I'm thinking that if Russia puts a nuke up in space it could be an EMP.

Any other possibilities?

Maybe the new Space Force can do something?

Maybe our intelligence agencies should be more concerned about Russia than about Trump.

Maybe our intelligence agencies should be more concerned about Russia than about Trump.
1. The FBI (Waffen SS) coordinated J6, planted (fake) pipe bombs, got the crowd all pumped up, and turned the peaceful J6 protest into a riot.
2. Then "51 national security experts" (Traitors) claimed that Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation.
3. The the FBI and hi-tech oligarchs censored the Hunter laptop news story on Twitter and FB.
4. Joe Biden "won" by 43,000 votes.
4. The final outcome was 100,000 Chinese are now in the US along with 50,000 Russians, and who knows how many terrorists and cartel gang members thanks to Biden's open borders

The National Security Agencies are on the wrong fucking side.

True, I'm no EMP expert, but I do know that an EMP is designed to fry electronics. I don't know if or how US ICBMs are hardened. You are correct that sea based ICBMs would always be functional.

A high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) weapon is a NEMP warhead designed to be detonated far above the Earth's surface. The explosion releases a blast of gamma rays into the mid-stratosphere, which ionizes as a secondary effect and the resultant energetic free electrons interact with the Earth's magnetic field to produce a much stronger EMP than is normally produced in the denser air at lower altitudes.
Thank you for agreeing.

That is caused by collisions. Detonating a nuke would lead to a full on nuclear war, which would destroy the Earth anyway! Nukes don't cause collisions.

Oh Shit, now what?

Any other possibilities?

Way In future, top secret, your idiot speaker should pay for this stupidity....

Nothing that a little more Russia hating, fear mongering, making up shit in order to justify more spying on citizens ( if that is even possible), rounding up dissidents here, and doubling the deficit with some good old martial law won't cure. Throw in a few mandatory Jack Baur flag whipping movie viewings with regular news "updates" and we're right back on track. We are totally unhinged, and don't ever realize it.

Oh Shit, now what?

Any other possibilities?

Every nuke is an EMP. The higher you detonate a nuke above ground, the less physical damage is done, but the EMP spreads further the higher up it is. Any super power with dreams of taking over the US, wont nuke our cities. They will keep the cities intact. Instead they will wipe out our power grid with high altitude nuclear detonations, which will soften us up for a ground invasion.

Nukes in space doesnt make much sense to me, unless its only purpose is to cut down our response time against a nuke targeted at the US, but im told that these nukes in space are just to take out satellites. ICBM's already go into space. If you want to take out satellites, then just launch a nuke and detonate it in orbit. :dunno:

Last edited:
If Russia set off an EMP in space above the US every electronic circuit would be fried.
No iPhones, no TV, no computers, how's that for a start?
Not to mention no ICBMs...
That is actually theoretical. Weve never done a high-altitude detonation over a population with modern infrastructure to really know what will or wont get fried by an EMP.

Last edited:
Kessler was right, way back then. Suppose that nuking space junk, with small tactical nukes, because the big ones will blow radioactive material down into our gravitational pull, might be advantageous?
This was my thought at first. I figured if we ever had a Kessler Effect situation, we could perhaps nuke the debris, but we dont have enough nukes to cover the entire orbit. Then i thought, maybe we could at least detonate a nuke prior to launching a rocket, in order to give it a debris free path into space, but im doubtful that would work either.

The Kessler Effect could really fuck us. We could be trapped on Earth for centuries.

Oh Shit, now what?

Any other possibilities?

I am calling American media propaganda on this one, especially after listening to interviews with Putin. I don't think Putin has any intention of blowing up any US satellites.

First off Russia and the US has had the capability to put nukes in space since the 1960's. Both the US and Russia have detonated nukes in space before for testing purposes.

That is caused by collisions. Detonating a nuke would lead to a full on nuclear war, which would destroy the Earth anyway! Nukes don't cause collisions.
If a nuke is detonated in orbit, it could shatter nearby satellites, thereby causing the Kessler Effect, or at least start the process of it.

You need to learn a little more about EMP. A nuclear explosion in space does nothing but release a lot of radiation as there is nothing to conduct the force,
You need to learn a little more about nukes in space. They can absolutely generate force, even in the vacuum of space. There is no air to allow that energy to travel a long distance, but the initial explosion will generate a ton of force in the immediate area. You can move an asteroid off its trajectory by detonating a nuke next to it, for example.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back