Russia has Freed Bakhmut.

Pat Till man walked away from a multi-million dollar a year contract in the NFL to join the Army.

And not only do very few serve in the current age, very few also die.

Congressman Wilson (SC) had a son serve in Iraq. As did Senator Bond (Mo), Congressman Akin (Mo), Senator Johnson (SD), and many more.

In reality, the children of politicians serve at just about the same rates as the general population. Less than 10%.

But in the modern era, we also lose relatively few to combat. Especially as compared to earlier conflicts.
Politicians and the "Who's Who" children usually do not see combat or front lines action. The most risky location they serve is in the rear with the gear.
However,
With drone warfare these days and things like HIMARS.....the "front lines" aren't exactly what they used to be.

What we are currently seeing for drone warfare is still 30 years behind what we really have available for US troops.

Then there are the stealth missiles that have been developed....they don't ever show up on radar except for the big boom when they land.

But in the modern era, we also lose relatively few to combat. Especially as compared to earlier conflicts.

And to reiterate how true this is, I will take a single battle of WWII for a comparison.

The Battle of Okinawa had over 12,500 killed. Or in Normandy, where you had over 4,000 killed in a single day.

In both Iraq and Afghanistan combined over more than 2 decades, less than 8,000 have been killed. Out of over 800,000 who served there.

At one time, the largest killer in war was disease. It was only by the 20th century that actual battlefield casualties became the leading cause of death. But by the 1990s, it actually became accidents that were the largest killer.

We lose far more to just stupid random accidents than through combat.

Politicians and the "Who's Who" children usually do not see combat or front lines action.

Oh sure they do. Hell, I can think of one right off the top of my head.

Jimmy McCain, who joined the Marines and served as an Infantry Rifleman in 1/1. He served in active ground combat in Iraq in 2007.

Hell, Sarah Palin's son was wounded in Iraq.

No idea where you get that idea, quite a few of them actually do. And most of what you posted is just the standard conspiracy theory nonsense I have been laughing at for years.

At one time, the largest killer in war was disease. It was only by the 20th century that actual battlefield casualties became the leading cause of death. But by the 1990s, it actually became accidents that were the largest killer
Actually Covid is running rampant through the Russian ranks at the moment. Reports are about half are sick and laid up at the moment.

Oh sure they do. Hell, I can think of one right off the top of my head.

Jimmy McCain, who joined the Marines and served as an Infantry Rifleman in 1/1. He served in active ground combat in Iraq in 2007.

Hell, Sarah Palin's son was wounded in Iraq.

No idea where you get that idea, quite a few of them actually do. And most of what you posted is just the standard conspiracy theory nonsense I have been laughing at for years.
John McCain is how things USED to be...he was a POW once upon a time. Bob Dole's injuries were from storming a machine gun nest. Again not the norm. Most are officers or something like that. G.W. Bush was a pilot....enlisted men don't fly jets except as a passenger. (National Coast Guard)

Usually it's been Republicans who formerly served....just saying.

I didn't know about Sarah's son. Definitely not the norm.

Actually Covid is running rampant through the Russian ranks at the moment. Reports are about half are sick and laid up at the moment.

Which has exactly what to do with anything?

Are the soldiers in the field dying of food poisoning? Dysentery or other waterborne diseases? The various issues like small pox, cholera and others that used to break out commonly among armies in the field?

Case in point, in the entire Revolutionary War, over 17,000 on the US side died from disease. Only around 6,800 died from combat.

Of the 620,000 who died in the Civil War, 2/3 of those died from disease. Including typhoid and whooping cough.

COVID is barely even a blip on statistics like those from those diseases.

John McCain is how things USED to be...he was a POW once upon a time. Bob Dole's injuries were from storming a machine gun nest. Again not the norm. Most are officers or something like that. G.W. Bush was a pilot....enlisted men don't fly jets except as a passenger. (National Coast Guard)

I did not say John McCain, I said Jimmy McCain, his son.

Senator Tim Johnson (D-SC) had a son Brooks that not only served in Kosovo and Bosnia, as a member of the 101st Airborne Division he also served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

And no, Bob Dole was injured from artillery, not from storming a machine gun.

And Bush Sr. would never have been a pilot in peace time, as he entered at 18 and was not a College graduate.

I am really not sure what you are even trying to say, to be honest. Only about 7% of people join the military, so why are you making such a big deal over this? Did you serve? How many of those you went to school with served?

Oh, and 19 of the 82 currently seated Representatives who are veterans are Democrats. Yes, the majority are Republicans, but that is in no way universal.

Commies infiltrated our education system decades ago.
College Is a Nursery School for Teenagers

The educational system is itself what Communism is all about. It expects college students to be motivated by working-without-pay for the promise of a bright future, sacrificing their present.

A male, if he is to ever grow up, should be earning a living instead of obeying the rulers' cruel and unmanly mandate, which is why the ruling-class's sons are sheltered from it with adult allowances from their Daddies.

Wanna bet? Any fallout from such an attack would be falling upon several NATO members. And you think they are just going to shrug and ignore that?

And I can promise, they will become a pariah nation the moment they do, and might even see them and their veto power stripped from the UN and them kicked out of the organization. And not just the sanctions they have in place now, but actual International embargos and blockades put in place. Because if there is one thing that would unify most of the world against them, it would be an unprovoked nuclear strike. Even their semi-ally of China would turn against them if they did that.

And yes, I am aware that Russia has veto power in the UN. However, there are some interesting things in the UN charter, which include the Secretary General having the power to eject a member state if their conduct is considered egregious to international conduct. And once ejected, obviously they at that time do not have the power to veto their being banned from the body. It is unheard of and has never been done, but that is actually within their power.
A Petting Zoo for Degenerate Multiculties

Americans should welcome being ejected from that gateway to Globalism. The majority of its jealous Third World and ungrateful Greta Eurotrash members do consider us to be a "pariah nation."

A Petting Zoo for Degenerate Multiculties

And what does this post or your last have to do with the topic?

Not a freaking thing.

I don't care about your petty biases and silly beliefs. They have nothing to do with this thread, or anything that has been discussed.

Want to push some kind of silly message, why not just make a thread dedicated just to that and pontificate to your heart's content? It should not be brought up in every thread because you want to rant on about things completely off-topic.

Hell, I even chuckled as you did not agree when I said that John McCain's son as well as Sarah Palin's son served in the military as enlisted and served in combat. So I can only assume you have something to add saying that they did not?

Or did you hit the dislike just because you did not like that fact and it hurt your feelings?

I think in the midst of this terrible tragic war between Ukrainian and Russian “slavic brotherly peoples” who have re-discovered the — obviously overrated — virtue of “blood and nation” uniculture, we ought to think twice before obsessing over “culture wars” as does “The Sage of Main Street.”

Even in a discussion of the bloody battle of Bakhmut the “Sage” goes off topic to viscerate “the petting zoo of multi-cultie” education. Many at USMB support Putin and even Russian mercenary groups, while here in the U.S.A. they long rejected taking Confederate Flags down over courthouses and public buildings, the renaming of military bases in the U.S.A. that still bear Confederate General’s names, etc. Still others make fun of our (admittedly often silly, excessive and even dangerous) “identity politics” … and then proceed to encourage “a national divorce” or even “civil war” over all this nonsense!

Ours is necessarily an integrated military and our society can only prosper with a melting-pot multi-ethnic democratic culture. NATO itself is an alliance of nations (even if mostly of neo-liberal ex-colonial powers). In the end it will be “free” societies, even if they are also part of capitalist empires, that will triumph over reactionary dictatorships based on race, blood and reaction.

The appeal of hard nationalism and populist reaction is great today. In many places demagogic grifters seek to drum it up, and we see one result in the tragic war in Ukraine. Wiser men & women will not buy into or push reactionary siren calls to suicidal national strife.

Last edited:
And what does this post or your last have to do with the topic?

Not a freaking thing.

I don't care about your petty biases and silly beliefs. They have nothing to do with this thread, or anything that has been discussed.

Want to push some kind of silly message, why not just make a thread dedicated just to that and pontificate to your heart's content? It should not be brought up in every thread because you want to rant on about things completely off-topic.
The Media Make You Threadmasters Believe in Make-Believe

As we give Ukraine all this equipment I'm not exactly sure that Ukraine will know how to avoid equipment traps....just like they took advantage of Russia when they fell for equipment traps.

Forum List

Back