Russia bans comedy about Stalin's death

Moscow police have raided a cinema, using undercover cops as well:
Moscow police raid cinema showing The Death of Stalin

Any illusion that Russia is a democracy should now be cast aside. I wouldn't be surprised if they rename the police "militsiya" and go back to the red flag:
View attachment 173594 View attachment 173595
They've already reinstated the Soviet national anthem.
it never will be ussr, sovok maybe but ussr no way , they all are billionaires

WE know one well-known 'fighter' against corruption: Mr. Yeltsin who killed millions and kicked the bucket having trillions in western banks.
(((Nasralny))) is a lying thief who desired for Russian equal fate like in 90s

Russia bans satirical film about Josef Stalin's death

The fact that they banned it says a lot about what the current government's ideals and who their idols are.

This would not have been banned when Yeltsin was leading Russia, but now Communism and totalitarianism are being praised and worshiped in Russia again.

Well, is America much different?

Things aren't banned so much, but the rich spend so much money telling people what to think.

Many of the posters on this forum are an embarrassment to freedom of speech.

The fact that they banned it says a lot about what the current government's ideals and who their idols are.

This would not have been banned when Yeltsin was leading Russia, but now Communism and totalitarianism are being praised and worshiped in Russia again.

Things aren't banned so much, but the rich spend so much money telling people what to think.

You don't see the difference between having the freedom to propagandize and not having the freedom to propagandize?

You don't see the difference between having the freedom to propagandize and not having the freedom to propagandize?

That's not the point I was making.

Putin has the same freedom to propagandize as the Koch brothers do.

Yes, a lonely Russian factory worker might have less freedom to do so than an American factory worker, but that's neither here not there, seeing as factory workers in general don't sway elections.

I'm not to keen on people who wish to impose their own values on others.
Which is exactly what the Russian state is doing.
The Russian State represents the people.
Well, you are obviously a communist/Marxist based on your signature and avatar.

While not all communists support what Stalin did, you obviously do. Killed more people than Hitler. You make me sick.

While not all communists support what Stalin did, you obviously do. Killed more people than Hitler. You make me sick.
It's obvious that I support what Stalin did? How did you come to that determination? How does Stalin even relate to this conversation?

well, he i must agree with Tehon, if he a real Marxist he supposes to hate Koba , and his oriental project (USSR)

".The bloody mire of Mongolian slavery, not the rude glory of the Norman epoch, forms the cradle of Muscovy, and modern "Russia" is but a metamorphosis of Muscovy. "
images

images

24433-6e07299d09446ca217b7ebdee6cc842a.jpg

You are not right completely, this not the current government position , now in Russia, people are roughly divided into two groups: "vatniki" and "libersti", the first of them supports the Putin regime, the second is the opposition, and this film could improve the situation of the "liberstov", and if it was, for example, after presidential election, the film would not have been banned.

For example the "Kremlin's" director Mikhalkov made "Burnt by the Sun" 2/3 where Stalin was shown as a psychopath and a bloodthirsty maniac and this film wasn't banned.
I think the film will be allowed to show after the presidential election.

To be fair to the Russian Federation, ALL nations have taboo subjects that may not be treated in motion pictures.

As many of you know, there is,. for example, a famous American silent motion picture that cannot be shown publicly here in the States, lest there be riots in the streets. Only university cinema students are now allowed to watch it.

It is understandable that President Putin would not want a motion picture that reminds the people of dictatorship, but we Americans should remember that -- reportedly -- many Russians (of all ages) still admire Marshal Stalin.

It is understandable that President Putin would not want a motion picture that reminds the people of dictatorship, but we Americans should remember that -- reportedly -- many Russians (of all ages) still admire Marshal Stalin.

Many, but the trend is declining

Well, I would say that they just don't want any troubles with tons of idiots, who like Stalin. Actually, the problem is mainly in Zhukov who is shown in the movie. He is esteemed here.

Well, I would say that they just don't want any troubles with tons of idiots, who like Stalin. Actually, the problem is mainly in Zhukov who is shown in the movie. He is esteemed here.

agreed, Zhukov with nickname Grisha the butcher, Grisha the katafalk is wrong presented in this move . in reality Grisha katafalk was a thug, thief and butcher much like anyone (maybe except Beria, who was only one technocrat in politburo ) representative of nomenclature in that time.

"Zhukov’s homes which turned out to be an Aladdin’s cave of booty: “We can simply say,” Abakumov reportedly gleefully to Stalin, “that Zhukov’s dacha is a museum,” filled with gold, 323 furs, 400 metres of velvet and silk. There were so many paintings, some even hung in the kitchen. Zhukov even went so far as to hang over his bed “a huge canvas depicting two naked women . . . we did not find a single Soviet book.” Then there were “twenty unique shotguns from Holland & Holland....

police recovered dozens of boxes of silverware and crystal from his dacha, along with forty-four rugs. fifty-five “valuable classical paintings.” three hundred twenty-three ...”"

To be fair to the Russian Federation, ALL nations have taboo subjects that may not be treated in motion pictures.

As many of you know, there is,. for example, a famous American silent motion picture that cannot be shown publicly here in the States, lest there be riots in the streets. Only university cinema students are now allowed to watch it.

only Marshal ? i thought Koba called himself for generalissimos

W5mxTZKn8R-8.png

"Zhukov’s homes which turned out to be an Aladdin’s cave of booty: “We can simply say,” Abakumov reportedly gleefully to Stalin, “that Zhukov’s dacha is a museum,” filled with gold, 323 furs, 400 metres of velvet and silk. There were so many paintings, some even hung in the kitchen. Zhukov even went so far as to hang over his bed “a huge canvas depicting two naked women . . . we did not find a single Soviet book.” Then there were “twenty unique shotguns from Holland & Holland....

police recovered dozens of boxes of silverware and crystal from his dacha, along with forty-four rugs. fifty-five “valuable classical paintings.” three hundred twenty-three ...”"

Yes, he was an extremely unpleasant person, but he was a professional military officer (unlike that clown Stalin) and he had his role in the Victroy. Anyway, I think that he is the main reason of the ban of the movie.

Yes, he was an extremely unpleasant person, but he was a professional military officer (unlike that clown Stalin) and he had his role in the Victroy. Anyway, I think that he is the main reason of the ban of the movie.

its an old sovok myth, he was an useless, butcher personally responsible for death of 100 000s and 100 000s ordinary soviet solders and officers . many years ago i talk with an old solder who said to me , that the soviet solders in 40th said to each other, "once you are under Grisha katafalk command you are a dead man". have you seen solders death rate under his command ?

its an old sovok myth, he was an useless, butcher personally responsible for death of 100 000s and 100 000s ordinary soviet solders and officers . many years ago i talk with an old solder who said to me , that the soviet solders in 40th said to each other, "once you are under Grisha katafalk command you are a dead man". have you seen solders death rate under his command ?

Yes, it's true, he never thought about his soldiers' lives. But he was in command at Hulkin Gol (or how it's written in English) and that's why Japan didn't attack us.

Forum List

Back