Rush Limbaugh attacks 11 year old whose mother died

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no insurance, no expensive meds

Not true, she had plenty of opportunity to get medical care in the state of Washington even without medical insurance. She made the CHOICE not to take advantage of them.

Rick

Actually, that may not be true.

I was in a situation like the 11 year olds mother--I have hypertension and currently unemployed. Also, I was unable to obtain medication for my blood pressure and I was denied both Medicare and Medicad when I applied for them early last year.

Know what happened?

My kidneys failed. That is when I was able to obtain Medicare because Dialysis patient are required by law to recieve it. Funny thing is, if they just allowed me to obtain some assistants when I first applied for help, I would be able to pay back the medical costs to the government by the end of this year.

On the other hand, I doubt the mother would have survived even if Obamacare was in place. She still would need to be accepted into a Health program and there is a possibility that she would have been denied still.

Please notice, I said "state of Washington." They have options in Washington state for the uninsured or unemployed other than Medicare and Medicaid.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and I hope that things are improved for you, but it is not the same as hers because of the state she lived in.

Rick

Five years ago my wife passed away. She died from the same thing this woman did. I have great insurance. Made zero difference. Give me a break.

You do NOT KNOW one way or the other MM, if this woman would have lived, if she had the proper medical care....

but people here are taking Rush Limbaugh's word for it? that the kids mother would have died anyway....why is that?

I'm sorry to hear about your wife passing on. :(

Why does everybody keep saying she was GOING TO DIE anyway?

She had high blood pressure....that is perfectly managable with medications?

So are all of you and rush LYING about this?

She had treatment.

No one is lying.

She had access to meds.

She refused further treatment.

People die. And insurance isnt going to change that.

I call bullshit on the whole "article". Honestly, it can't even really be called an article. It's a hysterical hack job, and nothing more.

For one thing, there is very, very little information. Washington has health care for poor people. I find it really hard to believe the woman in question couldn't get health care as an unemployed mother. Either she was married and her husband made a lot of money, or she just didn't want government health care.

And Conservatives have a way of telling an 11 year old who lost his mother....Tough luck kid, she would have died anyway

Would she have?

Rush's comments aside, you don't think this kid was being exploited for political gain?

Stephanie is correct. The Democrats trot out these "victims" in front of the cameras for their little sympathy ploys like this all the time because they know that the opposition will be hesitant to criticize their actions for fear of being framed as some kind of heartless monster. This reminds me of the Jersey Girls. It's theater politics and apparently you are vulnerable to it. Pat yourself on the back.

These "victims" are real Americans who have real stories to tell about our existing healthcare system. Yes they do deserve sympathy and they do deserve to be told "We will not let this continue to happen"

"We will not let this continue to happen".... except for the next 4 years....

Not true, she had plenty of opportunity to get medical care in the state of Washington even without medical insurance. She made the CHOICE not to take advantage of them.

Rick

I was in a situation like the 11 year olds mother--I have hypertension and currently unemployed. Also, I was unable to obtain medication for my blood pressure and I was denied both Medicare and Medicad when I applied for them early last year.

Know what happened?

My kidneys failed. That is when I was able to obtain Medicare because Dialysis patient are required by law to recieve it. Funny thing is, if they just allowed me to obtain some assistants when I first applied for help, I would be able to pay back the medical costs to the government by the end of this year.

On the other hand, I doubt the mother would have survived even if Obamacare was in place. She still would need to be accepted into a Health program and there is a possibility that she would have been denied still.

Please notice, I said "state of Washington." They have options in Washington state for the uninsured or unemployed other than Medicare and Medicaid.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and I hope that things are improved for you, but it is not the same as hers because of the state she lived in.

Rick

Maybe so, or maybe not.

The bottomline that is to be taken from my situation is that the government,be it state or federal, can deny assistance to an individual.

If this happens to be the case for Washington residents, then the argument pushed by the Democrats is still pointless. The mother is not able to obtain private insurance because she lacks the funds, and she may not be able to obtain public insurance because of government bureaucracy. The Democrats have not presented a solution to her problem. Instead, they are using a sob story to pass a bill that only rearranges how Health care is administered.

To help clarify what I am trying to say here, understand that the Democrats wishes for insurance to cover every paying individual, but they have not address the problem of those who are currently unable to pay. As long as this problem exist, the democrats are just playing around with the left.

Know what happened?

Rick

Maybe so, or maybe not.

The bottomline that is to be taken from my situation is that the government,be it state or federal, can deny assistance to an individual.

If this happens to be the case for Washington residents, then the argument pushed by the Democrats is still pointless. The mother is not able to obtain private insurance because she lacks the funds, and she may not be able to obtain public insurance because of government bureaucracy. The Democrats have not presented a solution to her problem. Instead, they are using a sob story to pass a bill that only rearranges how Health care is administered.

To help clarify what I am trying to say here, understand that the Democrats wishes for insurance to cover every paying individual, but they have not address the problem of those who are currently unable to pay. As long as this problem exist, the democrats are just playing around with the left.

They did address it Arm....

They added assistance for those who can not afford it, "affordability credits" to families making as much as $80k, no?

Rush is a cold heartless bastard.

What Rush stated was true, cold hearted or not. I'd expect most bleeding heart liberals to feel the way you do, so I'm not surprised by your personal attack.

How do you know what he said is TRUE?????????????????

How do you know that the woman would have died anyway, with medical care and medications?

Is Rush a Doctor? Why take his word for it? Do you have that much Faith and Trust in HIM, to BELIEVE every word he says?

Five years ago my wife passed away. She died from the same thing this woman did. I have great insurance. Made zero difference. Give me a break.

You do NOT KNOW one way or the other MM, if this woman would have lived, if she had the proper medical care....

but people here are taking Rush Limbaugh's word for it? that the kids mother would have died anyway....why is that?

She would not have been any better off if Obamacare had passed. Because Obamacare won't kick in any benefits for four years. So pretending that she could have been saved, as the Obamabots are, is false.
That was Rush's point.

She would not have been any better off if Obamacare had passed. Because Obamacare won't kick in any benefits for four years. So pretending that she could have been saved, as the Obamabots are, is false.
That was Rush's point.

they are NOT saying his mother would have been saved due to obama care, they are saying that if his mother had medical care she COULD HAVE BEEN saved from her death at 27.....

so, epic fail of Rush's part....lots of twisting and turning for him to make his statement...imo.

That was Rush's point.

they are NOT saying his mother would have been saved due to obama care, they are saying that if his mother had medical care she COULD HAVE BEEN saved from her death at 27.....

so, epic fail of Rush's part....lots of twisting and turning for him to make his statement...imo.

And the reason she didnt was because Obamacare was not in place. That's their whole point. Or did you miss that one?
But if Obamacare had been passed 3 months ago it still would not have altered the outcome. Which was Rush's point.
It is an illogical coupling of two different events that in reality have nothing to do with each other.

Rush is a cold heartless bastard.

What Rush stated was true, cold hearted or not. I'd expect most bleeding heart liberals to feel the way you do, so I'm not surprised by your personal attack.

How do you know what he said is TRUE?????????????????
'Cause his lips were moving.
How do you know that the woman would have died anyway, with medical care and medications?
Two things in life are certain, death is one of them.
Is Rush a Doctor? Why take his word for it? Do you have that much Faith and Trust in HIM, to BELIEVE every word he says?
Do you have to be a doctor to speak the truth? I don't always agree with Rush, I rarely listen to him, but in this case on this point I believe he is right.

Next!

Democrats are great at protecting the people from individual rights is what Democrats are great at.

They supported slavery, ignoring the individual rights of slaves.

That was then. This is now.

They support unions, trampling on the individual rights of small business owners.

Spin. Unions fight for the rights of workers in all sectors of the working world. The main fight is against BIG CORPORATIONS who are known for their propensity to screw the workers. Your argument here is similar to: Prison reformers are jerks because they are trampling on the individual rights of the guards to make life miserable for the prisoners.

They support huge government, at the expense of individuals who must bear the burden.

One man's huge government is another man's necessary services. Republicans indulge in huge government as well, much of it intruding into the personal lives of the citizenry.

They support the welfare class, trampling the rights of those who work and want to get ahead.

Spin. Democrats have historically supported the individual, and this very much includes those who are unable to make it in society, your so-called "welfare class." As is so often the case when it comes to Democrat v. Republican issues, this one boils down to the Haves v. the Have-Nots. Republicans see welfare as you have spun it here. Democrats spin it the other way. Regardless - I think, by any objective standard, the party on the side of the Have-Nots is the party supporting the individual, not the party of the Haves.

Nonetheless - good post.

Rick

Maybe so, or maybe not.

They did address it Arm....

They added assistance for those who can not afford it, "affordability credits" to families making as much as $80k, no?

They are addressing people that can pay.

What about people that can not currently pay--like the mother of that 11 year old?

My fault--you said affordability credits. I have to find out what that actually is, so ignore this post for the time being

Last edited:

Forum List

Back