Run to the hills run for your life

You mean, as opposed to reading "A Brief History of Time" or a world of other books?

Okie dokie... explains a lot.

You wish.

I don't believe "A Brief History of Time" can compare in complexity, relevance, or even historical fact, to the Bible.

But psst...that doesn't mean I'm stupid.

What kind of devient makes a sexual avatar using characters from one of the greatest movies/books ever made...Dude, your brain is in the compost pile!

I always thought Frodo was a little swish in the movies. I never thought that of him in the books.

Don't let Lord of the Rings be your Bible, use the real one instead. It has the word "Lord" in it, but he's not the same guy, dude. In other words, I'm not commiting sacrilege.

It's just sick...What??? you like watching little boys get off?

You wish.

I don't believe "A Brief History of Time" can compare in complexity, relevance, or even historical fact, to the Bible.

But psst...that doesn't mean I'm stupid.

Relevance? Historical fact? Ummmmmm... no. Allegory intended to teach moral lessons? Absolutely.

Complex? Not at all... simplistic to teach the lessons to even the simplest and youngest among us.

But certainly not the ONE book that deserves to be brought into isolation (though the whole survivalist thing is a bit bizarre to me, too).

I can think of a lot of books that are more relevant, more complex, certainly more "historically accurate".

Does that make you stupid? No... it makes you limited. And I say that as someone who is an avid reader. And lest you think I'm some heathen, I believe in a deity. I've read the old and new testaments, the qu'eran, the Bhagavad Gita, Kabbalah, Buddhist writings...etc, etc.

Does that make me smarter than you? I don't know. But it makes me more well-rounded.

And have you ever read A Brief History of Time?

Only simplistic to the simple minded, who put it away after struggling with it briefly. If you read the Bible, it's relevance deepens as your own knowledge deepens, and as your own understanding of yourself and the world around you deepens.

I don't think that can be said about "A Brief History of Time." It's completely irrelevant to the very young, interesting upon the first or even second read.

After that, it's stagnant.

And wow, you certainly must be the best read, most intelligent and enlightened person I've ever seen. That makes you a good judge of everyone else. Keep it up.:rolleyes:

Only simplistic to the simple minded, who put it away after struggling with it briefly. If you read the Bible, it's relevance deepens as your own knowledge deepens, and as your own understanding of yourself and the world around you deepens.

I don't think that can be said about "A Brief History of Time." It's completely irrelevant to the very young, interesting upon the first or even second read.

After that, it's stagnant.

And wow, you certainly must be the best read, most intelligent and enlightened person I've ever seen. That makes you a good judge of everyone else. Keep it up.:rolleyes:

I already said it doesn't necessarily make me smarter. Or didn't you read my post. I simply said it made me more well-rounded.

And, no...there are many people more well-read than I. It's just kind of goofy to think that the bible is an historical reference book.

That's the sort of goofy thing somebody who hasn't actually looked into it would say.

Even the critics can't fault it's history. It's one of the best historical records we have. Research it, Your Brilliance.

That's the sort of goofy thing somebody who hasn't actually looked into it would say.

Even the critics can't fault it's history. It's one of the best historical records we have. Research it, Your Brilliance.

I already have, love. The bible isn't a research guide, though it absolutely incorporates some historical fact.

But I can assure you I've researched it more than you did the medal of honor winners ;)

It's a good thing you are modern enough to enjoy the fruits of SCIENCE, eh?

praying for that broken bone to heal itself didn't really work that well, did it?

Did you just say PHYSICS? I would have thought you'd shy away from mentioning things like gravity, heliocentrism and astronomy...

It's a good thing you are modern enough to enjoy the fruits of SCIENCE, eh?

praying for that broken bone to heal itself didn't really work that well, did it?

Did you just say PHYSICS? I would have thought you'd shy away from mentioning things like gravity, heliocentrism and astronomy...

Actually, broken bones DO heal themselves.

would you rather rely on that or enjoy the fruits of modern science?

I don't have any data in front of me but my first guess is that we lose more limbs to broken bones these days then back in the, uh, dark ages.

I love science, btw. I think it's one of God's greatest gifts to man, and evidence of the intricacy of God. The ability to progress. It's a beautiful thing.

And it's great when science can be used to poke holes in atheist (and liberal) theories about Christians, history, and pretty much everything else.

Waiting for the feeling to subside,
Paranoid, I melt into myself.
They say I'm to reach inside and find
the broken part of my machinery.
Psychoanalyze the chapters
on the path to my darkest day.
Searching for the answers,
all I see is damage through the haze.
Picking up the pieces of my life
with no direction for re-assembly.
The one that lays beside me
is sharing scars of my broken yesterdays.
Will tomorrow find me hypnotized? Crying?
Mother Mary in control,
domineering stranglehold
sowing destructive seeds
for the scavengers to feed.
Driving the nail into my head,
memory flows like a river.
With the one that lays beside me
I'm healing scars from my childhood memories.
Tomorrow finally found me.
I'm hypnotized. I'm trying...
to understand the chapters
of the path from my darkest day.
Searching for the answers
but there's DAMAGE!

Forum List

Back