Run to the hills run for your life

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Lookout, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Lookout

Lookout Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Given the state of affairs we all find ourselves in this day and age; With global warming, oil reserves depleating, over population, possible war with Iran, global terrorism, and our failing infrastructure, is there anyone else considering the possibility that it is time to head for the high country.
    I am an avid survivalist with a military background and I am seriously preparing for this event. If we do go to war with Iran, and no one can agree on who gets the piece of plaster in the holly sand box, the possibility of the people of this nation being put into a hardship that I do not believe most will be willing to endure, is high. Anarchy and Civil war could happen if there is too much strain put on the populous which is thoroughly steeped in selfishness and materalism. I definitely do not agree with terrorism or the Muslim way of thinking, and I am not too crazy about the other religous we are right and they are wrong group either. If I had to choose a side of course I would side with the latter, but I would rather just live in peace and harmony and avoid the whole mess all together.
    I would really like to hear from others who are considering this as well.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Welcome, Lookout.

3. RightWingSpirit

RightWingSpirit BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    preparing for more chaos? It is the way of man. I'll go down the list to make it easy for everyone (myself included)
    war with Iraq- ok, we are fighting terrorists in general,regardless of where they hide and terrorism is a very real threat. Support the troops and give them what they need.
    dependence on oil- yes we love oil but I have yet to hear a solution to this problem and i laugh when someone mentions ethanol. That fuel takes more money and energy to produce.
    health care- if you are a taxpaying legal citizen, you should be covered.
    global warming-I prefer to think of it as climate change. Here is a fact: the earth has always undergone changes, man is not a factor.

anarchy? Nah, people rely on laws and they are terrified of the alternative, even though it may appear to be the opposite.

4. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I think about this, but I don't count on it happening. I keep a Glock 9mm around, but that's about it. If civil unrest happens I'd like to stay in my house, which we've paid a lot for.

Good book on your topic:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-II-Breakup-America/dp/0929408179[/ame]

Chittum says race war will do it, which I think is closer to the mark than anything else. A lot of the signs of an American crack-up have already happened, if you check it out. We already have "press one for English."

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Iron Maiden.

What did I win? :)

6. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    The only band to ever sell more T-shirts than albums.

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Hey ... I have an Iron Maiden t-shirt (and no album)!:rofl:

8. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,799
    Civil War II? Bring it.

9. Lookout

Lookout Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68
    I have been watching the events for a long time, over 20 years, and thought the time was kind of close 2 times before. One was the Rodney King incident of which I was in southern California at the time, The other was 9-11. I have kept an ear to the ground and I believe I hear a freight train comming for sure this time. Could be tomorrow or 5 years from now, depends on what happens next. Maybe I am paranoid, but there sure is some compelling evidence that points in the direction of our country and its inhabitants, not being able to be kept out of harms way, and suffering like all the other countrys, very much longer.
    So let me quit beating around the bush. I know there are groups out there that have been in place for a while and some just starting. Not radical religous thinkers and crazys, just good people who want to survive and avoid the big civil unrest eating machine.
    I am looking for a good group, (small group, 50 or less) that is looking for a warior/hunter that is willing to be a team player and work for the good of the group, and who has his own gear and other essentials.

10. Lookout

Lookout Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68
    NICE!!! I like your avatar!!!