Ruh roh:Steelworker Featured at DNC Didn’t Work for Bain

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I love shit like this. :D I can't wait for the spin. Wait, wait, I know. Foster's a "composite".

:lol:

ABC actually committed a random act of journalism.

The Democratic National Convention on Wednesday featured three speakers billed as “former employees of companies controlled by Bain Capital.”

They each told compelling stories about jobs lost, allegedly because of the actions of Bain under Romney’s leadership.

But it turns out one of those employees never actually worked for a company controlled by Bain Capital.:eusa_whistle:

David Foster was supposedly one of those former employees on the convention schedule.

He told the story about 750 steelworkers who lost their jobs when the Bain-controlled company GST steel filed for bankruptcy in the early 1990s.

“In 2001, with GST bankrupt and Romney still CEO of Bain, I stood in front of hundreds of steelworkers in their 50s and 60s, and retirees in their 70s and 80s, and told them Romney and Bain had broken their promises. Jobs, vacation pay, severance, health insurance and pension benefits that were promised — they were all gone,” he said.

But Foster, according to a former spokesman for GST Steel, never actually worked for the company.

“David Foster was never an employee of GST Steel’s Kansas City plant. He was employed by the United Steelworkers of America as their regional union director to represent GST Steel, but was not employed at our facility,” according to BC Huselton, who was head of HR at GST.

Instead, Foster was a union organizer, who negotiated for workers that did work for the company.

Gee oh gee. A union organizer bashing Romney. Who'da thunk it?

Steelworker Featured at DNC Didn’t Work for Bain - ABC News

I watched a Staples commercial once.

Does that make me an employee?

Oh, their defense may be he was an employee but became a union rep. No docs proving this will be forthcoming.

Underscoring the point that Progressives are Compulsive liars

They can't be liars because, according to their way of thinking, everything they say must necessarily be the truth. It's all very convenient.

As the decade neared a close, the goal of simply making more money was losing its appeal for Romney.[65][68] He took a paid leave of absence from Bain Capital in February 1999 when he became the head of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee for the 2002 Winter Olympics.[86][87] The decision caused turmoil at Bain Capital, with a power struggle ensuing.[88] Some partners left and founded the Audax Group and Golden Gate Capital.[38] Other partners threatened to leave, and there was a prospect of eight-figure lawsuits being filed.[88] Romney was worried that the firm might be destroyed, but the crisis ebbed.[88]

Billed in some public statements as keeping a part-time role,[89][38] Romney remained the firm's sole shareholder, managing director, CEO and president, signing corporate and legal documents, attending to his interests within the firm, and conducting prolonged negotiations for the terms of his departure.[90][38]

Romney was not involved in day-to-day operations of the firm after starting the Olympics position.[91][92] Those were handled by a management committee, consisting of five of the fourteen remaining active partners with the firm.[38] However, according to some interviews and press releases during 1999, Romney said he was keeping a part-time function at Bain.[93][38]

This is from wiki........

The Democratic National Convention on Wednesday featured three speakers billed as “former employees of companies controlled by Bain Capital.”

But it turns out one of those employees never actually worked for a company controlled by Bain Capital.

Another Democrap FAIL!

Instead, Foster was a union organizer, who negotiated for workers that did work for the company.
Question: How much were you paid by the DNC to play a part in this lie?

Last edited:
What amazes me that they would even think that nobody would check out their claims... Either they are very stupid people, or they just don't care if they are caught in a lie... I think it's a bit of both.

Well I'd say I'm shocked, but I'm not...but they only have to fool their SHEEP followers.

Did he say he was an employee, you DIMWITS? No, he didn't. He said he was a union negotiator for GST's employees. Good lord...

Fact Checking the Bain Stories from the Democratic Convention - NYTimes.com

From your own quote, you can see he was speaking as a union negotiator:

“In 2001, with GST bankrupt and Romney still CEO of Bain, I stood in front of hundreds of steelworkers in their 50s and 60s, and retirees in their 70s and 80s, and told them Romney and Bain had broken their promises. Jobs, vacation pay, severance, health insurance and pension benefits that were promised — they were all gone,” he said.

Last edited:
This is why they claim Republicans lie, it is to throw people off of the fact that all they have are lies.

Did he say he was an employee, you DIMWITS? No, he didn't. He said he was a union negotiator for GST's employees. Good lord...

did I tell ya I worked for solyndra

The stupid democrat strategy seems to rely on unverified anecdotal statements from different people on a bunch of unrelated incidents. Only the lock step truly ignorant left wingers actually buy into the concept..

you can dance and spin all you like. The clear implication was that he worked for GST at the time, and he DID NOT.

Forum List

Back