Ruger Super Wrangler

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Ruger has finally responded to some of the requests for something in between a Wrangler and a Single Six:

These are similar to the original Wrangler, but they include adjustable sights and .22wmr conversion cylinders.

MSRP is $329. (about half the cost of a base Single Six)

Ruger® Super Wrangler® Single-Action Revolver Models

I'd not mess with the .22 magnum cylinder but adjustable sights using the .22 LR cylinder would be OK....I think I'll wait till they come out with a 4" barreled version.

Another Ruger I won't be buying........ Not that they're bad guns I just don't like em except for maybe the Vaquero. Only if I could get one cheaper than that Uberti or Pietta 1873s. And that's not about to happen, not nowadays.

Another Ruger I won't be buying........ Not that they're bad guns I just don't like em except for maybe the Vaquero. Only if I could get one cheaper than that Uberti or Pietta 1873s. And that's not about to happen, not nowadays.
There's a couple lightly used Vaqueros at my LGS and I was surprised at what they were asking for them. Of course they may have been on consignment, I didn't look that close.

LOL.....They had a British Boys anti-tank rifle that had been converted from .55 to .50 BMG. The guy that's consigning that still has to gather up the mags and other bits for it. No idea on the price yet.

7-Historical-Anti-Tank-Weapons-Seen-in-MORPHY-Auctions-Catalog-BOYS-1.jpeg

sort_of_want_meme-1519073.jpg

There's a couple lightly used Vaqueros at my LGS and I was surprised at what they were asking for them. Of course they may have been on consignment, I didn't look that close.

LOL.....They had a British Boys anti-tank rifle that had been converted from .55 to .50 BMG. The guy that's consigning that still has to gather up the mags and other bits for it. No idea on the price yet.

7-Historical-Anti-Tank-Weapons-Seen-in-MORPHY-Auctions-Catalog-BOYS-1.jpeg

sort_of_want_meme-1519073.jpg
The seemingly average price of a Vaquero is around $850, if you can find a very good to excellent condition one for under $750 it's a steal. They're going for as high as a grand on Gun Broker......., of course........

The seemingly average price of a Vaquero is around $850, if you can find a very good to excellent condition one for under $750 it's a steal. They're going for as high as a grand on Gun Broker......., of course........
That's around what they were asking. They had one that sort of appealed to me, a old style nickeled 4.75" with faux ivory grips with the red Ruger medallion. It was sharp lookin'.

That's around what they were asking. They had one that sort of appealed to me, a old style nickeled 4.75" with faux ivory grips with the red Ruger medallion. It was sharp lookin'.
The Bisely model? Those are the ones bringing the highest prices.

5129.jpg

I have no hands on experience with any of the Vaquero models so obviously I'm clueless in that area.
I had a Uberti Bisely for a whole day, went back and traded in for a Uberti (Taylor) Gunfighter and never looked back. It uses the 1873 frame with a M1860 Army grip that's about 3/8" longer.....It makes all the difference in the world as far as handling goes.

I had a Uberti Bisely for a whole day, went back and traded in for a Uberti (Taylor) Gunfighter and never looked back. It uses the 1873 frame with a M1860 Army grip that's about 3/8" longer.....It makes all the difference in the world as far as handling goes.

I have two Pietta 1860s that I love and yes the longer, wider grip is perfect. I was looking at the Cattleman but might have to go with the Gunslinger instead, eventually........, some day........., I hope.

I have two Pietta 1860s that I love and yes the longer, wider grip is perfect. I was looking at the Cattleman but might have to go with the Gunslinger instead, eventually........, some day........., I hope.
Taylor is about 22 miles from me and a couple times a year they will run a in-store only blemish/ding sale that's pretty good.

Otherwise their storefront has the same pricing as online but you do save a bit due to no shipping/transfer fees on cartridge guns.

Taylor is about 22 miles from me and a couple times a year they will run a in-store only blemish/ding sale that's pretty good.

Otherwise their storefront has the same pricing as online but you do save a bit du to no shipping/transfer fees on cartridge guns.
Tell em to send me one at cost......... Ya know, a promotional thing....... :)

When I lived in NoVA I went to or through Winchester hundreds of times, never knew they were there.

Forum List

Back