Rudy Guiliani screwed himself out of a good opportunity

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Rudy was offered a plumb job as Secretary of Homeland Security, but he openly refused and demanded to be appointed Secretary of State.

But Trump is the boss, and he's not going to allow someone to box him like this, even Rudy.

It's too bad, because Rudy is a good guy and he could have done a lot of good at DHS.

I think he withdrew due to he realized his conflicts of interest would be a problem with his confirmation.

Rudy was offered a plumb job as Secretary of Homeland Security, but he openly refused and demanded to be appointed Secretary of State.

But Trump is the boss, and he's not going to allow someone to box him like this, even Rudy.

It's too bad, because Rudy is a good guy and he could have done a lot of good at DHS.
Meh. He let it be known from the beginning he was only interested in 1 position. He MIGHT have still gotten it but I guess he knows something we don't. Its nice to see someone with some principles and refusing to take a position he didn't want. He wouldn't have put his all into it.

Whatever Rudy's relationship to the president elect is private and the speculation about Rudy's political future falls in to the category of "fake news".

I never thought he was best fit for the role of SOS. He could have performed his duty, but I just never viewed him as someone fit for this role based on his public persona.

Homeland Security, AG seemed most fitting I suppose, but you have to be the best for a position and/or completely committed to a position, there was a clearly a disconnect here.

I am guessing this paves the way for Romney, just a hunch.

Whatever Rudy's relationship to the president elect is private and the speculation about Rudy's political future falls in to the category of "fake news".
This was all on FOX, none of it is secret.

AG would have been beautiful. Who wouldn't have loved to see him take down Hillary?

Chris Christie, Rudy Guiliani and Newt Gingrich came out early for Trump and they took a lot of flack for it from the Republican Party.

Now, these men are on the outs, while people who hated on Trump get cabinet appointments, or are being considered for cabinet appointments.

I think it shows something important about Trump, he's willing to jettison people who aren't being useful, and build bridges with former enemies.

It's a bit Machiavellian, but I like it. A President has to be a little bit ruthless.

Chris Christie, Rudy Guiliani and Newt Gingrich came out early for Trump and they took a lot of flack for it from the Republican Party.

Now, these men are on the outs, while people who hated on Trump get cabinet appointments, or are being considered for cabinet appointments.

I think it shows something important about Trump, he's willing to jettison people who aren't being useful, and build bridges with former enemies.

It's a bit Machiavellian, but I like it. A President has to be a little bit ruthless.

No, what it shows is the machinations of the Deep State.

Hillary never had a chance to win at all.

If you know who controls the Deep State, then this is probably a good indication that Romney will get the job.

If this is the case, you might want to start asking yourself, why? We might be in for a load of shit.

People are under the delusion that candidates are elected, not selected.

If you understand that they are selected, then you have to wonder, why was he picked? And why are he and Obama, and the Deep State now choosing who they are choosing?

Forum List

Back