Rubio enrolls in Obamacare, takes federal subsidy

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
One of Obamacare's biggest critics is now officially covered under the federal health care exchange: Sen. Marco Rubio.

"Senator Rubio spent time looking at all the options and decided to enroll through the D.C. exchange for coverage for him and his family," spokeswoman Brooke Sammon told the Tampa Bay Times.

Rubio, a father of four, also took the federal subsidy afforded to lawmakers and staff — a perk worth up to 75 percent of monthly premium costs — that some Republicans wanted to kill off. Even some lawmakers who have enrolled in the exchange have rejected the taxpayer-funded employer contribution.

Rubio enrolls in Obamacare, takes federal subsidy | Tampa Bay Times

Words...just...fail...me...now...

:evil:

Did he somehow not pay for it?

People have been barking about both houses opting out of Obamacare. He's just showing he will do it to keep people happy if that's what they're driving at. Maybe there's a plan to undo private care for elected officials? :dunno:

People have been barking about both houses opting out of Obamacare. He's just showing he will do it to keep people happy if that's what they're driving at. Maybe there's a plan to undo private care for elected officials? :dunno:

You are missing the point Ms. Becki.

While I don't expect these folks to go "dead ender" on this, someone could at least have the grace to come out and say, "Look, I was against this, but now? I am going to give it a try. I may have been wrong and I am going to approach it with an open mind."

Speaking out against ObamaCare THEN going behind everyone's back and actually enrolling is pretty audacious, don't you think?

I mean these folks have been having "don't enroll" parties at colleges.

They've been telling OTHER people NOT to enroll.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FEUoNkF29o]Creepy Uncle Sam - Anti-Obamacare Ad - The Exam - Female Version - YouTube[/ame]

I told you my fellow GOP would get over all of this.

It's a done deal.

Now we work on reform and adjustment. No repeal, squeal.

While I don't expect these folks to go "dead ender" on this, someone could at least have the grace to come out and say, "Look, I was against this, but now? I am going to give it a try. I may have been wrong and I am going to approach it with an open mind."

Speaking out against ObamaCare THEN going behind everyone's back and actually enrolling is pretty audacious, don't you think?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FEUoNkF29o]Creepy Uncle Sam - Anti-Obamacare Ad - The Exam - Female Version - YouTube[/ame]

which is totally different from dems and their aides getting waivers to keep from going on it while forcing people to join by taking their hci away.

It's far more ruthless and evil to harm people like that.

Sadly enough, we're looking around for heroes and Rubio is just another political hack not better or worse than most Pubs and Dems.

from the link

That Rubio even had to switch from the existing federal plan to the exchange is thanks to Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, who amended the Affordable Care Act to require members of Congress and staff join the exchange. It was viewed as a way to needle Democrats, but Democrats accepted the change.

He had to sign up, by law

fucking dems get waivers to not follow the law, But tards like sallow give a rep shit for doing so.

pity you had to post a link, lying shit

One of Obamacare's biggest critics is now officially covered under the federal health care exchange: Sen. Marco Rubio.

"Senator Rubio spent time looking at all the options and decided to enroll through the D.C. exchange for coverage for him and his family," spokeswoman Brooke Sammon told the Tampa Bay Times.

Rubio, a father of four, also took the federal subsidy afforded to lawmakers and staff — a perk worth up to 75 percent of monthly premium costs — that some Republicans wanted to kill off. Even some lawmakers who have enrolled in the exchange have rejected the taxpayer-funded employer contribution.

:cuckoo:

it is the law of the land, isn't it?
With the mandate to purchase insurance - otherwise you are breaking the law.

You want a state Senator to break the law?

on the other note - is this a proof of the stellar security of the healthcare.gov, that everybody and even your dog will know who applied and who did not and who got subsidy and who is paying out of pocket?
Do they also publicize the SSN numbers and bank accounts?
and why not?

Last edited:

I can see how words might fail you, a politician following the law, such a rare thing when compared to your gutter trash dear leader.

I can see how words might fail you, a politician following the law, such a rare thing when compared to your gutter trash dear leader.

you nailed it

which is totally different from dems and their aides getting waivers to keep from going on it while forcing people to join by taking their hci away.

It's far more ruthless and evil to harm people like that.

They are in the program with the same rules as you and me if we have to go into the program.

Please stop your propaganda. No one sane believes it.

Last edited:
They are in the program with the same rules as you and me if we have to go into the program.

Please stop your propaganda. No sane one believes it.

Then why do you liberals so fear it?

Fear what? Reactonary propaganda? No we in the mainstream GOP have to correct it because our rednecks will believe your lies otherwise.

Last edited:

Please stop your propaganda. No one believes it.

Fear it? Conservative stupidity is embarrassing for those of us who like to see the Republican platform become a reality as opposed to the Liberal Corporate Fascism it's become.

Please stop your propaganda. No one believes it.

Fear it? Conservative stupidity is embarrassing for those of us who like to see the Republican platform become a reality as opposed to the Liberal Corporate Fascism it's become.

so far it is the leftard stupidity - as the OP is showing clearly with his fake outrage on the Senator following the law :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back