Ronald Reagan: A WARNING To Future Generations

Discussion in 'History' started by The T, Jan 28, 2011.

1. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    One of the best men to ever hold the office. Listen to what he says...He always knew...he understood how fragile our form of government is, what it takes to hold onto it, defend it, and the resiliancy of a free people...are we starting to see a course correction in our present state affairs? [​IMG]

And Now we have references from the Statists as Obama in comparison...

Are the Statist Democrats so vapid that they have to latch on to Reagan to get their agenda going?

Why would Obama refer to one of the people he HATED (As referenced in his book)

Reference:
    ’83 Obama Hated Reagan, Wanted Change

SO? Why now the references...the adulation of the left of Reagan? Remember? We were reminded on these boards...in the MEDIA...The 'ERA OF REAGAN WAS OVER...'?

Debunking the Reagan Myth

Really?

Why the reference by Obama and the media then?

Do you Statists think that we a the people are so stupid that we would NOT remember these references?

Answer the question...WHY have Obama and the Leftists Likened Obama to REAGAN...latched onto REAGAN?

After all/ During the 80's? Reagan was fodder...Reagan was gonna 'Blow UP the world by calling the Soviets "The Evil Empire"...

The Berlin WALL came down...didn't it? The Soviet Society came to a screeching HALT...

Statism was put into question...Socilaism, Communism, Marxism...was put in check...

Enter 2008...Obama Elected...2010...Obama Rejected...

And Obama in the 2011 SOTU speech latches onto someone that Obama HATES...The left hates, and has hated...I was there as the left was afraid that Reagan was gonna blow us all up....

And Reagan is now the 'bees knees' according to the left...

[​IMG]

(Image: NEWSBUSTERS )

Watch the following...and YOU tell me if Obama sounds like Reagan?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKVsq2daR8Q&feature=player_embedded"]Farewell Speech - President Reagan's Farewell Speech from the Oval Office 1/11/89 [/ame]

Even remotely resembles the man that Obama HATES? (By his own writings)...

To you leftists? You've stepped over a huge line...

And you have shown yourselves to be as disingenuous as ever...and quite frankly?

LIARS that no one in history can touch save for the Soviets that I'm sure you all have studied and admired.

To you gathered leftists? Your audacity is disingenuous..,.and repugnant...,.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    The media started back in 2008 to insinuate that obama was starting to look like Ronald Reagan. I laughed at them, obama isn't worthy enough to tie Ronald Reagan shoes. Much less to try and fill them.

3. JamesInFlorida

JamesInFlorida Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Yeah! Reagan was a real conservative.

-would never have granted amnesty to any immigrants. Take a look at the Immigration Reform and Control Act he passed...oops

-would never want to abolish all nuclear weapons (including ours)...oops

-he would never have borrowed to make up for spending by the federal government, bringing the deficit from $700billion to $3trillion...oops

I don't get the worship of Reagan. He wasn't a bad president, but he wasn't amazing either.

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Ronald Reagan: A WARNING To Future Generations

Yeah he was, the problem is we did not heed the warning too well and elected Bush.

5. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Yes he did, he allowed Cubans a chance to com here to leave a communist country. Thing about what he did was only supposed to be a one time deal, it fasiled so now you want us to do it for 30 million? And exactly what communist country are they coming from?

6. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    It must be making Obama sick to have move so far to the center and with false pretenses. He is a far-left progressive in his heart and will return...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Obama is in between Clinton and Bush, pretty much a 3rd Bush term.

8. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    obama isn't anything like clinton please do not make that comparison. But I will agree he's continuing where Bush left off.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  9. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,324
    The comparisons between Obama and Reagan that I have seen compare Obama's style of communication. They both use incidents in lives of real people to drive home their point. They use similar techniques to establish a connection with their audience. Plus both are skilled orators. The similarity ends there. No two politicians could be ideologically further apart.

10. JamesInFlorida

JamesInFlorida Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Let's be accurate here: the amnesty was for those who were already illegal here to have a path at citizenship-the act did NOT allow future illegals to do so. That's just a fact.

However Cubans who reach the shore are still (to this day) allowed to stay here, so long they declare themselves, and follow the proper procedures-and they can become American citizens after a while (living in Florida-I know several people who have done so since 1986). Remember Elian Gonzalez? The uproar wasn't how he got here-the issue was that he wasn't an adult, if he was he could have legally stayed. So it's not accurate to say the amnesty was solely for those who escaped a communist country.

And I never said I want it for the illegals here now. In fact nowhere in my post did I state any of my own personal political positions. I was simply keeping things into perspective when it pertains to Reagan-that's all.