Ron Paul's Risky and Foolish Financial Portfolio

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BakshisMouse, Dec 24, 2011.

1. BakshisMouse

BakshisMouse BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    How Ron Paul Invests - Total Return - WSJ

I wonder if Ron Paul would change his economic philosophy if his portfolio dropped precipitously due to falling gold and silver prices and deflation. Some of you might point out that his portfolio has outperformed many other portfolios and indexes, but that is probably because the rise in gold prices over the last ten years. Paul's portfolio could take a heavy blow if the price of gold drops sharply like it has been doing recently.

I must say, I would gloat if those paranoid and ignorant goldbugs got their comeuppance for their arrogance.

2. BakshisMouse

BakshisMouse BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I certainly wouldn't want a gold nut as president.

3. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Looks solid too me.

4. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    IS Paul having problems? Who are you to tell him how to deal with his money anyways?

5. KSoze

KSoze Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Looks like to me he is just practicing what he preaches. It's better he had it in Gold than in the housing market and dollars.

6. WatertheTree

WatertheTree Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    What I find funny is you are critical of him because he practices what he preaches. If we all would have listened Ron Paul when nixon pulled us off of the gold standard then we wouldnt see this mess.

HIS SUCCESS IN HIS GOLD INVESTMENTS IS EVIDENCE ENOUGH OFF THE DECAY OF THE DOLLAR. HIS GOLD ISNT INCREASING IN VALUE, THE VALUE OF THE DOLLAR IS GOING DOWN.

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    Well then in that case he would do like every other investor would do, switch to other investments. Where's the problem?
    Happy that other people would lose their money?

I used to subscribe to WSJ but stopped after I realized they like only a few things:

1. Corporate America
    2. Stocks
    3. Illegal Aliens

Corporate America can do no wrong, you should support their stocks, and illegal alien slave labor is good for any business' bottom line. They always run stories that support those positions.

Supporting Gold and Silver takes money away from all the wonderful stocks and bonds that Wall Street pushes. But in reality the only people who benefit ar the brokers who make fees off the transactions.

Fees that have increased greatly since the The Fed has been printing money and handing it to banks.

What do you think the Banks are doing with all that money? Playing the stock market that's what.

So anyone who points out that the Fed policy of printing money should be stopped is attacked and smeared by the WSJ propagandists.

C'mon man, even Al Capone knew that the Stock Market was rigged and warned everyone to stay out of it.

8. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    Funny how people who invest in gold are called "Gold Bugs" like it's some sort of infestation.

But that asshole, White Shoe boy Bernanke, whose policies are causing the rise of Gold and Silver and their associated stocks get's no criticism at all.

Think about that.

9. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Man hindsight really is hindsight. I spent 50g on a parcel of land in Northern Ontario Canada about 20yrs ago, and it will pay off well if/when I decide to sell it, but had I spent that on gold instead!!! It was 300bucks an ounce then!!:mad:

10. BakshisMouse

BakshisMouse BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Please. The classic gold standard hasn't been used since 1914, it would be impossible to put in use today. Moreover, everything isn't sunshine and rainbows under the gold standard.

The use of the gold standard creates short term price instability and costs society billions to produce gold for the monetary supply. Even Milton Friedman could see that.

Gold Standard: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

Or do you already know everything about the gold standard and still think it would be a good idea to adopt it again?