Ron Paul's "Rally for the Republic"

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Kevin_Kennedy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
  2. Kevin_Kennedy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    I guess I'll post this here since it it kind of ties in. McCain's campaign is apparently trying to get Ron Paul's support, knowing of course that Libertarian-streaked Republicans are going to support Bob Barr over McCain. It's a shame that McCain only now realizes that he needs the support of true conservatives to even have a shot in this race.

Washington Times - McCain in talks with Ron Paul for backing

Too bad no Libertarian in their right mind would ever even consider voting for McCain regardless.

3. SwingVoter

SwingVoter VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    McCain's about as libertarian as FDR, and Paul's just a little too Cookoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Paul's Campaign for Notoriety might help keep him in the news, but he's even older than Mac, so not sure where he goes from here.

4. Kevin_Kennedy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    The Campaign for Liberty will carry out its mission through the following activities:

- Gaining a foothold in political life at every level of government by expanding our precinct leader program.

- Educating the electorate and lobbying against harmful or unconstitutional legislation.

- Encouraging the formation of discussion groups and book clubs at the local level to help people learn more about our ideas.

- Establishing a speakers bureau to give presentations around the country about the great principles we champion.

- Developing materials for homeschooling families, to help them educate their children in history, sound economics, and related fields.

- Featuring written as well as video commentaries on the news and issues of the day.

That's where the Campaign for Liberty goes from here. As for Dr. Paul, he's running un-opposed in the 14th district of Texas so he'll be continuing on in Congress.

5. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Love those third parties. I hope they get more traction.

6. Denny Crane

Denny Crane Obama/Biden

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Ron Paul actually had some stands on issues I agreed with. I thought he should have been allowed to speak at the Republican convention, and by the looks of it they could have used a few good speakers to fill some seats.

7. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I agree that I stand with Ron Paul on some of the issues. He should be allowed to speak at the Republican convention but he probably shouldn't in his own best interest.

They have his ticket at the door, and he can't bring anyone else with him. That's if I remember reading correctly.

RNC probably afraid he'll bring his 10,000 people with him to protest or try to overthrow the vote.

8. Kevin_Kennedy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Yeah they made some outrageous conditions for him to be allowed to speak at the RNC.

9. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Well I'm certainly not surprised. Especially since they don't seem to want protesters in the same state as the RNC never mind in the same area.

It will be interesting to tally up the number of rights and freedoms that are broken in the name of "safety" by the time this convention is over.

Though then again, it goes to show that freedom and rights in this country are only a illusion because when it comes down to it they take them away faster then you can yell Water Boarding.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." - John F. Kennedy

10. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    He was fabulous in the debates.