Ron Paul's "Rally for the Republic"

I guess I'll post this here since it it kind of ties in. McCain's campaign is apparently trying to get Ron Paul's support, knowing of course that Libertarian-streaked Republicans are going to support Bob Barr over McCain. It's a shame that McCain only now realizes that he needs the support of true conservatives to even have a shot in this race.

Washington Times - McCain in talks with Ron Paul for backing

Too bad no Libertarian in their right mind would ever even consider voting for McCain regardless.

McCain's about as libertarian as FDR, and Paul's just a little too Cookoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Paul's Campaign for Notoriety might help keep him in the news, but he's even older than Mac, so not sure where he goes from here.

The Campaign for Liberty will carry out its mission through the following activities:

- Gaining a foothold in political life at every level of government by expanding our precinct leader program.

- Educating the electorate and lobbying against harmful or unconstitutional legislation.

- Encouraging the formation of discussion groups and book clubs at the local level to help people learn more about our ideas.

- Establishing a speakers bureau to give presentations around the country about the great principles we champion.

- Developing materials for homeschooling families, to help them educate their children in history, sound economics, and related fields.

- Featuring written as well as video commentaries on the news and issues of the day.

That's where the Campaign for Liberty goes from here. As for Dr. Paul, he's running un-opposed in the 14th district of Texas so he'll be continuing on in Congress.

Ron Paul actually had some stands on issues I agreed with. I thought he should have been allowed to speak at the Republican convention, and by the looks of it they could have used a few good speakers to fill some seats.

Ron Paul actually had some stands on issues I agreed with. I thought he should have been allowed to speak at the Republican convention, and by the looks of it they could have used a few good speakers to fill some seats.

I agree that I stand with Ron Paul on some of the issues. He should be allowed to speak at the Republican convention but he probably shouldn't in his own best interest.

They have his ticket at the door, and he can't bring anyone else with him. That's if I remember reading correctly.

RNC probably afraid he'll bring his 10,000 people with him to protest or try to overthrow the vote.

Yeah they made some outrageous conditions for him to be allowed to speak at the RNC.

Yeah they made some outrageous conditions for him to be allowed to speak at the RNC.

Well I'm certainly not surprised. Especially since they don't seem to want protesters in the same state as the RNC never mind in the same area.

It will be interesting to tally up the number of rights and freedoms that are broken in the name of "safety" by the time this convention is over.

Though then again, it goes to show that freedom and rights in this country are only a illusion because when it comes down to it they take them away faster then you can yell Water Boarding.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." - John F. Kennedy

He was fabulous in the debates.

Well I'm certainly not surprised. Especially since they don't seem to want protesters in the same state as the RNC never mind in the same area.

It will be interesting to tally up the number of rights and freedoms that are broken in the name of "safety" by the time this convention is over.

Though then again, it goes to show that freedom and rights in this country are only a illusion because when it comes down to it they take them away faster then you can yell Water Boarding.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." - John F. Kennedy

That's why it's important to support Paul and his Campaign for Liberty, and vote with your conscience rather than your political agenda.

That's why it's important to support Paul and his Campaign for Liberty, and vote with your conscience rather than your political agenda.

Heh, I just might of but I miss the age to vote by less then 2 months.

Plus, I rather see Obama then McCain in office. It's really a less of two evils thing but I do like Barack Obama. I believe he is a good man and is honestly trying to do for the good of the people.

He's also given some of the best speeches I've ever seen.

I understand what your saying about voting with one's conscience though. I'd love to see a 3rd party in this country since the Democrats in Congress don't have a backbone.

I'm also a supporter that EVERY vote should count and not just the current system we have. The current system we have is broken and is really in favor of two party systems.

As a financial supporter of Ron Paul's campaign, I can tell you that for McCain to get support from me would require 1) a promise to end the war and 2) a promise to deport all illegals.

Heh, I just might of but I miss the age to vote by less then 2 months.

Plus, I rather see Obama then McCain in office. It's really a less of two evils thing but I do like Barack Obama. I believe he is a good man and is honestly trying to do for the good of the people.

Which people? Just the poor, worthless fucks who don't want to do for themselves, or all people? My opinion, it's the latter. McCain is trying to do what's good for all people, and he always has. His resume reflects the visions Obama preaches about.

SwingVoter wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul's just a little too Cookoo for Cocoa Puffs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cookoo", like what for instance?

Robert_Santurri wrote:
---------------------------------------------------
It's really a less of two evils thing
---------------------------------------------------

A VOTE FOR THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS IS A VOTE FOR EVIL

McCain's about as libertarian as FDR, and Paul's just a little too Cookoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Paul's Campaign for Notoriety might help keep him in the news, but he's even older than Mac, so not sure where he goes from here.

I actually like Ron Paul. I see a lot of Democrat in him. He sure doesn't. But he goes on my liberal radio shows and even the hosts like what they hear.

See, being a liberal doesn't mean far left. We are more about common sense. If we spend, we tax. We don't throw it on the deficit. And we spend it in America, on the masses.

The GOP spent and didn't tax. They just put it on our grandkids, with interest. And they spent it on the few, not the many.

Yes both sides bring home the bacon for their states. We all want to gut the books of bad pork projects.

We don't want to look like we lost in Iraq, but we won't stay until we are bankrupt either. In Viet Nam, we just declared victory and left. Sometimes you got to cut and run. And if we send our troops to Afganistan where we need them, won't Al Queda just follow us there? Make that the central front on terror.

Every issue is common sense. A company is polluting? Make them stop. We don't give a shit that it will cost that company money to go green and then they will pass on the costs to the consumer. Isn't that excuse getting old?
That's like saying you shouldn't prosecute the rapist that violated you because the jails are overcrowded.

We need to balance our budget. We all agree it is out of control. We all agree that we need to cut spending in order to accomplish this. But, some of us know that we can't do this by cutting spending alone. Those unfair tax breaks to the rich have to expire. Oh I forgot, those people own business' and so if we take the tax break away, they'll just tax us consumers and then everyone looses, right Fred Thomson, you fucking tool?

I actually like Ron Paul. I see a lot of Democrat in him. He sure doesn't. But he goes on my liberal radio shows and even the hosts like what they hear.

See, being a liberal doesn't mean far left. We are more about common sense. If we spend, we tax. We don't throw it on the deficit. And we spend it in America, on the masses.

Well, I don't see it either... Ron Paul is against raising taxes for one. Also preaches limited government, which is not something Democrats are known for.

Forum List

Back