Ron Paul's "Rally for the Republic"

Well, I don't see it either... Ron Paul is against raising taxes for one. Also preaches limited government, which is not something Democrats are known for.

Democrats aren't for BIG Government. They just are in favor of government programs that help people. I know there is waste and I don't like waste either. But it seems like for every democratic program you dislike, there is a bridge to nowhere too. In fact, the GOP spend more pork than the Dems and the GOP grew government while in power. The GOP even spent more this year in pork, even though they aren't in power. The Dems have to give them their pork to get anything done.

Democrats aren't for raise taxes. They will raise your taxes if it is necessary, but it's not like they are looking forward to raising your taxes so you will vote against them in the next election. Do you understand how you are just repeating a right wing talking point?

In fact, Obama says he will not raise your taxes, unless you make more than $250,000 a year. Then he will only take back the unfair tax break Bush gave you.

And since the GOP spends more than the Democrats, I say Ron Paul is closer to the Democratic party in that respect.

Limited government? That sounds really good. It's only when Ron Paul gets into specifics that I disagree.

Doing away with the IRS, Department of Education, Federal Reserve and starting all over again? I agree with Ron Paul. That may not be a Democratic or Republican montra, but I agree.

But I don't agree with doing away with social security.

I don't think I agree with Ron Paul enough to support him, but there are some things he says that are right on the money.

The key problem we have is the IRS, National Debt and Federal Reserve. The Democrats and Republicans won't admit it, but Ron Paul does. That's why he was painted as a kook and a racist.

I might possibly one day throw my full support to Ron Paul. If the Democrats disappoint me as much as the Republicans have. But for now, I can't risk McCain winning, so I'm voting for Obama. Plus, I think Obama is going to fix a lot of what is wrong with America. We shall see.

Oh yea, even Fred Thomson agreed with me last night in his speech. He said, "the dems won't tax the middle class but they will tax business who will then pass on the costs to the consumer, US!

So then he must also understand how the GOP lowered the value of the dollar, caused the cost of everything to go up and so if any of us got a tax break from the GOP, it was eaten up long ago. Not to mention your 401k lost money and your home is worth less.

Only the filthy rich benefit from the GOP.

You're absolutely right about the GOP. In their time in office they've expanded the power of the federal government, wasted more money, and took part in policing the world and nation building. In essence, they did everything they condemned the Democrats for doing. But just because the neo-cons that took over the Republican party are worse than the Democrats, doesn't mean Ron Paul is anywhere near a Democrat. He's a Constitutionalist and a Libertarian-streaked conservative. You won't find too many issues Dr. Paul and Barack Obama agree on.

Well, I don't see it either... Ron Paul is against raising taxes for one. Also preaches limited government, which is not something Democrats are known for.

Actually, the Democrats once upon a time, used to be the party of small government when Bobby Kennedy and his brother were alive. But that all changed after Bobby was murdered. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back