Ron Paul: 'We Will Return Freedom To This Country'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ_sLDWZdc8]Ron Paul's Fantastic Speech After Taking 2nd In New Hampshire - YouTube[/ame]

And he will blame the anarchy that follows on who?

You know there's a rather large difference between anarchy and libertarianism right?

How so? It would quickly devolve to anarchy, except if some libertarian principles are ignored. Even the smallest government would need some funds. What if I refuse to pay? Would they be sending "men with guns" or just a strongly worded note?

And he will blame the anarchy that follows on who?

You know there's a rather large difference between anarchy and libertarianism right?

How so? It would quickly devolve to anarchy, except if some libertarian principles are ignored. Even the smallest government would need some funds. What if I refuse to pay? Would they be sending "men with guns" or just a strongly worded note?

Most libertarians would agree that we need to provide the government the funds needed so that it can operate. if they disagree with that then they disagree with the constitution. With a smaller government the demands for funding would be much less and other income sources would be adequate. Ron Paul would like to do away with the income tax and would push for lower taxes whenever possible. It's up to congress to change the tax code but he can put pressure on them.

The thing I really love about Paul is that he forces statist Democrats and statist Republicans to admit they have the same agenda.

Most libertarians would agree that we need to provide the government the funds needed so that it can operate. if they disagree with that then they disagree with the constitution. With a smaller government the demands for funding would be much less and other income sources would be adequate. Ron Paul would like to do away with the income tax and would push for lower taxes whenever possible. It's up to congress to change the tax code but he can put pressure on them.

You didn't answer the question about refusal to pay. What if I ignored or worked my way around paying taxes. How does a libertarian government handle that without resorting to "men with guns"?

yes... the freedom to segregate blacks and whites...

the freedom to sexually harass women at work.

:cuckoo:

Out of curiosity, since you can't be bothered to learn what libertarian views actually are, why do you feel compelled to comment on them?

yes... the freedom to segregate blacks and whites...

the freedom to sexually harass women at work.

:cuckoo:

Out of curiosity, since you can't be bothered to learn what libertarian views actually are, why do you feel compelled to comment on them?

The problem I have with Libertarianism is the same as the problem I have with Marxism. In order to work they both require a basic shift in human nature. Marxists expect one to work for the good of all, forgetting that many will not work without timely rewards. Libertarians expect most transactions to be matters to be settled one-on-one without interference, forgetting that some of the strong will invariably prey on the weak.

You didn't answer the question about refusal to pay. What if I ignored or worked my way around paying taxes. How does a libertarian government handle that without resorting to "men with guns"?

Well I can't speak for libertarians as a whole and I am not a member of the party, I just have views that align with a lot of the libertarian principles. That being said, I could not imagine a libertarian refusing to pay taxes that were being used for common defense or in other words the military, just as an example. The military protects everyones personal freedom. Highways make commerce easier, the servants of the people need to be paid a wage to exist on while in office. These things have to happen in order to protect our personal freedoms.

Libertarianism is about limited government not anarchy, and limited government does have a cost. If a person does not pay their fair share then they are in effect trampling on the personal freedoms of everyone else since the burden would have to be passed on to their fellow citizens. Anytime you trample on the rights of others you are a criminal in my mind and you should suffer the consequences that are agreed upon by society. If the law says you should be imprisoned then you should be arrested and imprisoned.... with guns if necessary.

Ron Paul hasn't done jack-shit in 30 years but run his mouth. How is he going to "restore freedom"??

By running his mouth. By the power of the veto. By commanding the troops to come home. By cutting spending as described in his budget proposal.

Ultimately it will be we the people that restore freedom, but Dr. Paul is going to show us the way.

Balanced budget by year 3.

Ron Paul hasn't done jack-shit in 30 years but run his mouth. How is he going to "restore freedom"??

By running his mouth. By the power of the veto. By commanding the troops to come home. By cutting spending as described in his budget proposal.

Ultimately it will be we the people that restore freedom, but Dr. Paul is going to show us the way.

Balanced budget by year 3.

Last I checked we don't elect a dictator in this country.
He cannot pass a budget of any kind by himself.

Forum List

Back