Ron Paul Snubbed By Republican Jewish Group

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Luke Johnson

The Republican Jewish Coalition declined to invite Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) to its presidential candidates forum next Wednesday in Washington, citing his "misguided and extreme views."

RJC Executive Director Matt Brooks said Paul was not invited because the organization rejects his views. "He's just so far outside of the mainstream of the Republican party and this organization," he told Washington Jewish Week, adding that inviting him would be like inviting President Barack Obama.

RJC's phone lines were reportedly swamped with complaints over the decision.

At a recent debate, Paul suggested that Israel could take care of itself in the event that it attacked Iran, claiming its undeclared nuclear arsenal made it self-sufficient. "Why does Israel need our help? We need to get out of their way," he said when asked whether he would support an Israeli attack against Iran. If it did happen, "that's their business, but they should suffer the consequences," he added.

Paul supported an amendment that would have ended all U.S. aid to Israel, along with Egypt, Jordan and Pakistan. The U.S. sends about $3 billion per year to Israel in military aid alone.

More: Ron Paul Not Invited To Republican Jewish Coalition Presidential Candidates Forum

At RJC forum, Prez cands will 'put to bed smears' by DNC, Wasserman Schultz - Washington Jewish Week - Online Edition - Rockville, MD

Sounds like some Jewish folks may not like Ron Paul. I must admit, it puzzles me why the U.S. sends so much foreign aid to Israel.

2012 Budget: Aid To Israel $3,075,000,000.00

That money would sure help out some needy Americans.

was that your thread topic?

or was it another anti-jewish rant?

jews have no reason to invite ron paul.

it's really that simple.

It would seem "American" to me to invite all GOP presidential candidates. Otherwise, it appears like favoritism...

Last edited:
David Duke was not invited to speak at the NAACP annual convention......... how un-American.......... :rolleyes:

Ron Paul Snubbed By Republican Jewish Group

Just a wild assed guess, of course, but you don't suppose the fact that Ron wants the USA to stop supporting Israel has anything to do with that, do you?

Given that every other major candidate in both parties supports continuing to support Israel, I'd venture that plank in his platofrm might explain it.

Last edited:
In other news, the NRA didn't ask James Brady to speak at their convention this year.

That's cute, but I don't believe Brady was running for a national political office...

Private organization, private debate, they're welcome to invite (or not invite) whoever they want.

That may be true, but it's still unAmerican and shows favoritism. Paul REALLY should be there to help keep things factual, because...

Each of the candidates, Brooks said, will make an effort to "put to bed the political smears by the DNC and Debbie Wasserman Shultz that the leading Republicans want to cut aid to Israel."

At RJC forum, Prez cands will 'put to bed smears' by DNC, Wasserman Schultz - Washington Jewish Week - Online Edition - Rockville, MD

NOTE: Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz is Jewish.

Forum List

Back