Ron Paul rejects McCain, endorses third parties.

Is that why he ran to Cynthia McKinney and Ralph Nader?

They're more conservative than the GOP?

He has allied himself with all third party candidates, due to the fact that all though they disagree they also do agree on several key issues where independent progressives and conservatives over lap. I already posted this on the opening topic but I will do so again.

We Agree

Foreign Policy: The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

Privacy: We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements and excessive use of executive orders.

The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future generation.

The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate, and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds.

We support opening up the debates beyond the two parties and the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD), a private corporation co-chaired by former chairmen of the Republican and Democratic Party. It is time for our Presidential Debates to once again be hosted by a truly non-partisan civic-minded association.

These are important issues to all third party and independent voters, so, it makes sense that: Paul, Nader, McKinney and Baldwin would unite behind these key issues. We should admire their ability to set aside their petty differences in order to unite behind these issues.

Last edited:
He is has allied himself with all third party candidates, due to the fact that all though they disagree they also do agree on several key issues where independent progressives and conservatives over lap. I already posted this on the opening topic but I will do so again.

These are important issues to all third party and independent voters, so, it makes sense that: Paul, Nader, McKinney and Baldwin would unite behind these key issues. We should admire their ability to set aside their petty differences in order to unite behind these issues.

I'd be interested to see them all unite in 2012 as a single third party. Now THAT would be really interesting.

Though probably not realistic unless they can all agree on most issues.

He didn't "run" to McKinney or Nader to spite the GOP. Paul, Barr (Supposedly), Baldwin, Nader, and McKinney are all in agreement of those 4 issues and feel the Democrats and Republicans are ignoring them.

I think he's simply very opinionated and refuses to be pushed around. I don't really see that as a bad thing.

I can understand viewing him in that manner but to me he doesn't come off that way.

Maybe I'm the one who's off here?

I don't think your opinion can be off, if that's what you think then that's what you think.

Cynthia McKinney for Prez???? :rofl:

This is exactly why Ron Paul isn't taken more seriously.

I don't see how they're related? :eusa_eh:

"Instead, Paul urged voters to back a third party candidate such as Cynthia McKinney, Ralph Nader or Chuck Baldwin, all of whom appeared with Paul today.* Paul supports these candidates because he believes they agree with him on what he considers to be four key issues: balancing budgets, bringing troops home, protecting personal liberties and investigating the Federal Reserve. "

Anyone thinking Cynthia McKinney is a candidate worthy enough to run for President should have their head examined.

Ron Paul did not endorse Cynthia McKinney for President. The fact is that she is running for President, and she signed off on those four issues along with Barr, Baldwin, and Nader. So... I still don't see the relation.

Ron Paul did not endorse Cynthia McKinney for President. The fact is that she is running for President, and she signed off on those four issues along with Barr, Baldwin, and Nader. So... I still don't see the relation.

The fact that Paul believes McKinney is a credible third party candidate is what's so laughable. How many different times do I have to state that before it gets through to you?

Man, you Paulbots are bigger apologists than the Bushies.

A few more times, maybe.

I think it's just more that your statement is so ridiculous that I can't wrap my head around it.

A few more times, maybe.

I think it's just more that your statement is so ridiculous that I can't wrap my head around it.

It's not my statement:

"Paul urged voters to back a third party candidate such as Cynthia McKinney...Paul supports these candidates because..."

Simple yes or no questions:

Cynthia McKinney is a third party candidate. Yes or no?

Ron Paul urged voters to back a third party candidate for President. Yes or no?

Ron Paul supports Cynthia McKinney running for President as a third party candidate. Yes or no?

You're looking into that a little too deeply. The only two candidates out of the four presented that Ron Paul could possibly support are Bob Barr or Chuck Baldwin, though he will endorse neither because he is friends with both.

The fact that Paul believes McKinney is a credible third party candidate is what's so laughable. How many different times do I have to state that before it gets through to you?

I think it's pretty clear that the call to vote for third parties is on principle- to send a message to the main parties. Ron Paul knows that none of the third party candidates have any chance to win, and neither do they. These are people who run to put issues on the table; it doesn't exactly matter whether they're "fit to be president", because there's no chance in hell any of them will be.

I think it's pretty clear that the call to vote for third parties is on principle- to send a message to the main parties. Ron Paul knows that none of the third party candidates have any chance to win, and neither do they. These are people who run to put issues on the table; it doesn't exactly matter whether they're "fit to be president", because there's no chance in hell any of them will be.

Exactly why Ron Paul won't be taken seriously. He talks about the ideal of a third party candidate and then presents us with a joke in Cynthia McKinney. That's equivalent to lecturing everyone about fire safety while wearing a clown suit. If Ron Paul were serious about third party candidates, then he should have thrown his weight fully behind Barr.

We are, after all, talking about a bitter old crank that runs with Alex Jones and Lew Rockwell.

Exactly why Ron Paul won't be taken seriously. He talks about the ideal of a third party candidate and then presents us with a joke in Cynthia McKinney. That's equivalent to lecturing everyone about fire safety while wearing a clown suit. If Ron Paul were serious about third party candidates, then he should have thrown his weight fully behind Barr.

Cynthia McKinney, along with Chuck Baldwin and Ralph Nader also. He then showed up on CNN's Situation Room with Ralph Nader, not McKinney. Why would he throw his weight fully behind Barr? Barr didn't even see fit to show up to this press conference that he had committed to, and held his own conference instead.

And bitter is not generally a term one hears when Ron Paul is being described.

Forum List

Back