Mccain Will win 50 states, Obama will win the other 7

SolarEnergy1

May 18, 2007
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States[/ame]

Didn't this gaffe happen like last year? Solar you've always been a slub, but this a little ridiculous even for you.

Couldn't it be entirely possible that Obama was referring to the other territories? Or would that not be as fun for you?

Didn't this gaffe happen like last year? Solar you've always been a slub, but this a little ridiculous even for you.

Couldn't it be entirely possible that Obama was referring to the other territories? Or would that not be as fun for you?

Unincorporated organized territories
Guam
Northern Mariana Islands (commonwealth)
Puerto Rico (commonwealth)
United States Virgin Islands

Unincorporated unorganized territories
American Samoa, technically unorganized, but self-governing under a constitution last revised in 1967
Baker Island, uninhabited
Howland Island, uninhabited
Jarvis Island, uninhabited
Johnston Atoll, uninhabited
Kingman Reef, uninhabited
Bajo Nuevo Bank, uninhabited
Serranilla Bank, uninhabited
Midway Islands, no indigenous inhabitants, currently included in the Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge
Navassa Island, uninhabited (claimed by Haiti)
Wake Atoll consisting of Peale, Wake and Wilkes Islands[4], no indigenous inhabitants, only contractor personnel (claimed by the Marshall Islands)

Judging from the above list not fitting into the number 7--which is more than 6 and less than 8--I would also have to say, "No, he is not referring to the 7 territories as their numbers do not equal 7."

I would also point out that Obama was referring to places he would be stopping to campaign. Maybe it's just me but territories don't participate in the electoral college and would thus would be useless to pander--I mean--petition for votes.

So the latest effort to preserve the image of Little O being the smarterer candidate has failed.

Unincorporated organized territories
Guam
Northern Mariana Islands (commonwealth)
Puerto Rico (commonwealth)
United States Virgin Islands

Unincorporated unorganized territories
American Samoa, technically unorganized, but self-governing under a constitution last revised in 1967
Baker Island, uninhabited
Howland Island, uninhabited
Jarvis Island, uninhabited
Johnston Atoll, uninhabited
Kingman Reef, uninhabited
Bajo Nuevo Bank, uninhabited
Serranilla Bank, uninhabited
Midway Islands, no indigenous inhabitants, currently included in the Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge
Navassa Island, uninhabited (claimed by Haiti)
Wake Atoll consisting of Peale, Wake and Wilkes Islands[4], no indigenous inhabitants, only contractor personnel (claimed by the Marshall Islands)

Judging from the above list not fitting into the number 7--which is more than 6 and less than 8--I would also have to say, "No, he is not referring to the 7 territories as their numbers do not equal 7."

I would also point out that Obama was referring to places he would be stopping to campaign. Maybe it's just me but territories don't participate in the electoral college and would thus would be useless to pander--I mean--petition for votes.

So the latest effort to preserve the image of Little O being the smarterer candidate has failed.

Your point is noted, however I didn't mean he may have been referring to the other 7 as the only other ones that exist.

And this happened during primary season as far as I recall, so the campaigning wouldn't have been for electoral college votes.

And don't take my posts in this thread as trying to preserve anything for Obama. It's just that I don't blindly jump on the partisan bandwagon whenever I see a chance to take an easy potshot. I'm just saying that he may well have been referring to the other 7 as "states" when not actually meaning states LITERALLY.

Like his politics or not, the guy's certainly not undereducated. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this stupid little issue, regardless of how I feel about his politics.

Snopes.com has done this one.

But the title of the thread made me laugh. :)

Forum List

Back