Ron Paul rejects McCain, endorses third parties.

By all means, do tell.

Because Republicans have been veering left for a LONG TIME now. They've abandoned most of their principles and have basically become Democrat-lites. As a result, the "mainstream" political spectrum in this country has become as thin as a piece of paper. Both parties want bigger gov't, more power, increased spending, and overseas interests ... the only difference where to increase the gov't, where to increase spending, and where to put another American footprint in the world.

Ron Paul reminded Republicans of how their party used to be and he did it in the national spotlight. This embarrassed and shamed the loyal GOPers and instead of owning up and admitting that Ron Paul was right about a lot of issues they chose to mock and ridicule him ... branding him a "kook."

And now they want his help ... lol ... I'm proud of The Paul for telling them to stuff it.

I don't trust Nader anyway. I'm shocked that Paul would align himself with the guy. He's got establishment written all over him, not to mention he's too liberal.

Seems strange to me. And this was supposed to be "big news". It was touted for days leading up to this.

Paul's weakness is that all he's really armed with is a message, and an uncontrollable, unpredictable group of supporters. He's got no one who's competent enough to run a strong national campaign.

He was a face to put to a strong message, and that's it. There are millions of Ron Paul's, and hopefully more will step up and continue the fight.

Take it local, I say. There are a few key congressional races this year where Ron Paul-type candidates have a good shot. Fuck the oval office. We need to regain a sense of sanity in congress.

Because Republicans have been veering left for a LONG TIME now. They've abandoned most of their principles and have basically become Democrat-lites. As a result, the "mainstream" political spectrum in this country has become as thin as a piece of paper. Both parties want bigger gov't, more power, increased spending, and overseas interests ... the only difference where to increase the gov't, where to increase spending, and where to put another American footprint in the world.

Ron Paul reminded Republicans of how their party used to be and he did it in the national spotlight. This embarrassed and shamed the loyal GOPers and instead of owning up and admitting that Ron Paul was right about a lot of issues they chose to mock and ridicule him ... branding him a "kook."

And now they want his help ... lol ... I'm proud of The Paul for telling them to stuff it.

I couldn't possibly agree more.

I was very disappointed that Bob Barr felt he was "too big" to attend Ron Paul's press conference today, especially after telling Paul that he would be there. I'm more disappointed in Bob Barr's campaign staff member implying that Ron Paul didn't believe in real liberty and that he was only in it for the money, simply because Paul didn't endorse Bob Barr. Also, Bob Barr has asked Ron Paul to replace Root as his Vice Presidential nominee, which I'm sure he knows Dr. Paul will decline.

Bob Barr and the Libertarian Party took many steps backwards today.

So, your contention is that the only people allowed in the republican party are those who think the Iraq War was a great idea, and that being belligerent to allied countries and adversaries alike is a wise foreign policy?

no--that's not my point but nice try.

I was very disappointed that Bob Barr felt he was "too big" to attend Ron Paul's press conference today, especially after telling Paul that he would be there. I'm more disappointed in Bob Barr's campaign staff member implying that Ron Paul didn't believe in real liberty and that he was only in it for the money, simply because Paul didn't endorse Bob Barr. Also, Bob Barr has asked Ron Paul to replace Root as his Vice Presidential nominee, which I'm sure he knows Dr. Paul will decline.

Bob Barr and the Libertarian Party took many steps backwards today.

I'm not sure how anyone could conjure up the idea that Paul did anything "for the money".

I'd like to see a list of other politicians who have donated their unused campaign fund balances and paychecks to the US Treasury.

And when there was a vote being held on a medal for Rosa Parks, who was the one who said it shouldn't be the taxpayers covering the bill, but instead the members of congress should donate their OWN money to the cause?

Oh that's right, it was Paul. I don't recall anyone taking him up on the suggestion, either.

Fuck Barr. He just lost my vote.

I think Dillo meant, "Why would Ron Paul want to run as a Republican."

The most practicle reason would be to keep his congressional seat, obviously. But he wants to work within the GOP to bring it back to it's roots. John McCain does not represent a traditional Republican so Ron Paul chose not to endorse him. That doesn't make Paul any less a Republican than anybody else, it just means that he doesn't believe John McCain is a good choice for President. Ron Paul feels he can do more good in
Congress, and with his new Campaign for Liberty as a Republican than he could as a Libertarian or what-have-you.

I'm not sure how anyone could conjure up the idea that Paul did anything "for the money".

I'd like to see a list of other politicians who have donated their unused campaign fund balances and paychecks to the US Treasury.

And when there was a vote being held on a medal for Rosa Parks, who was the one who said it shouldn't be the taxpayers covering the bill, but instead the members of congress should donate their OWN money to the cause?

Oh that's right, it was Paul. I don't recall anyone taking him up on the suggestion, either.

Fuck Barr. He just lost my vote.

The member of the staff that posted that nonsense on his MySpace blog was asked to remove it by the Bob Barr Campaign, but the damage was certainly already done. I've lost a lot of confidence in Bob Barr today, but I'm going to wait a few days and see how he handles the situation further, before I pass judgement on him.

Nader is a little too liberal for Ron Paul, in my opinion.

Paul/Ventura 2012, Ventura/Paul 2012. :eusa_pray:

It looks like Ron paul is giving the Republicans the same treatment they gave him, so I don't blame him for not backing McCain. Paul was actually too conservative for the Republican party.

Is that why he ran to Cynthia McKinney and Ralph Nader?

They're more conservative than the GOP?

Is that why he ran to Cynthia McKinney and Ralph Nader?

They're more conservative than the GOP?
I don't consider the GOP very conservative. More like RINO.

I have no idea why he ran to them. I haven't been following Ron Paul since the primaries. My guess he is doing it to spite the Republicans after the way they treated him.

Forum List

Back