Ron Paul "Loons" at it again!!!

SolarEnergy1

May 18, 2007
Ron Paul supporters may be using e-mail spam and dirty tricks to gin up support for their presidential candidate on the Internet.

"This is clearly a criminal act in support of a campaign, which has been committed with or without [its] knowledge," University of Alabama at Birmingham computer-forensics expert Gary Warner told Wired News.

Warner was referring to a wave of pro-Paul e-mails that flooded the Internet after the most recent Republican presidential debate on Oct. 21.

The e-mails had subject lines such as "Ron Paul Wins GOP Debate! HMzjoqO" and "Ron Paul Exposes Federal Reserve! SBHBcSO."

The funny character strings are common methods to defeat spam filters.

Warner says his lab traced the e-mails back to servers in Asia, Africa, South America and Europe — signifying that whoever sent them may have used a botnet, or world-wide network of hijacked computers, to pump out massive volumes of e-mail.

FTC Warns of Fake FTC E-Mail Virus Hackers Launch Massive Attack on Ukrainian President's Web Site Feds: Fake Harassment Complaint E-Mail Contains Virus Four 'Critical' Patches in October's Microsoft Updates "This is the first I've heard about this situation," Paul campaign spokesman Jesse Benton told Wired News. Read the rest of the story........
http://www.wired.com/politics/security/news/2007/10/paul_bot
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307056,00.html

You don't quit, do you?

It's hilarious, really. I don't even see you make posts unless it's to create a thread about some type of discrediting information about Ron. The best part is, you never have shit on him. You THINK you do, but you're material is weak, Solar.

The best you have on him is 'mingling with the left at an event' and 'e-mail spam' that isn't even associated with his campaign????

Give it up dude. You got NOTHING on Ron Paul.

You don't quit, do you?

It's hilarious, really. I don't even see you make posts unless it's to create a thread about some type of discrediting information about Ron. The best part is, you never have shit on him. You THINK you do, but you're material is weak, Solar.

The best you have on him is 'mingling with the left at an event' and 'e-mail spam' that isn't even associated with his campaign????

I guess you'll be attending his Jihad event he's speaking at the end of the month? Along with Sean Penn, Michael Moore, and Dennis Kucinich etc etc.. I guess it would be sort of like a home-coming for you and him.....

I guess you'll be attending his Jihad event he's speaking at the end of the month? Along with Sean Penn, Michael Moore, and Dennis Kucinich etc etc.. I guess it would be sort of like a home-coming for you and him.....

What are you talking about?? You keep mentioning Jihad events. Are you afwaid of the wittle cave-dwelling muslims who want to steal your fweedoms?

Give it up man, you're seriously wacked out.

You don't quit, do you?

Solar may be nutty as a fruitcake and more looney tunes than the thread title--being a newscomer here, I don't know anything about him--but he doesn't deserve to be dissed on this particular issue. News organizations as well as many well established blogs have not only identified, but have dealt with Ron Paul spammers attempting to make him look more popular and successful and ANY organized scientific national poll has demonstrated.

So we might talk about whether the accusations are wrong and/or, if true, such spamming techniques are useful to the process.

Here is a tiny sampling of comments/information on it:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/21257762/site/14081545/

http://mvdg.wordpress.com/2007/10/23/red-state-bans-ron-paul-supporters/

http://main.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=114955

http://constitutionallyright.com/20...-take-down-poll-because-of-ron-paul-spammers/

Solar may be nutty as a fruitcake and more looney tunes than the thread title--being a newscomer here, I don't know anything about him--but he doesn't deserve to be dissed on this particular issue. News organizations as well as many well established blogs have not only identified, but have dealt with Ron Paul spammers attempting to make him look more popular and successful and ANY organized scientific national poll has demonstrated.

So we might talk about whether the accusations are wrong and/or, if true, such spamming techniques are useful to the process.

http://constitutionallyright.com/20...-take-down-poll-because-of-ron-paul-spammers/

Yeah but you don't get it though...If it were Romney or Giuliani getting all the votes in the online polls and such, the media wouldn't make a PEEP about it as being some type of fringe attempt to make them look good. They would just comment on it as though it's how it was SUPPOSED to be. I mean, these places put these polls up CONTINUALLY, and everytime Ron wins they bitch about it, or take it down. It's ridiculous. It's childish. Just deal with it, or quit posting up polls...you know?

Maybe Ron's supporters just care enough to participate everywhere they can...maybe they're just so passionate, that they want this man to be known by everyone. I can't comprehend why people use his supporters' passion for him AGAINST him...it doesn't make any sense.

If he's so fringe, and there's really only 10,000 people following him around online and spamming all the polls he's included in, then he would never have raised damn near 10 Million dollars so far since his campaign started.

In fact, the only place on Earth where you'll see anything that even remotely assumes he has no real support nationwide, is in the corporate 'scientific' polls. Those polls mean nothing compared to the physical vote on election day, and history has proven that many times.

He gets hated on, because the people doing the hating KNOW that he's gaining popularity by leaps and bounds, and it KILLS them.

The man's the most genuine candidate in the field. Check his record, it speaks for itself.

As a personal supporter and independant volunteer for his campaign, I can tell you PERSONALLY that he's the most interesting candidate on the trail. I've been to a few different states on the east coast, and everywhere i've been he has outshined his opponents in support by LARGE margins.

You'll see. Wait until the primaries start. You're going to be astonished, i PROMISE you.

you happend to miss the part where the FEDS said it's ILLEGAL to use those spamming techniques... unless you condone that type of activity and behavior? I love it when Paulites try to justify bad behavior. what's next?

you happend to miss the part where the FEDS said it's ILLEGAL to use those spamming techniques... unless you condone that type of activity and behavior? I love it when Paulites try to justify bad behavior. what's next?

You're arguing about email spam, Sollar! It's ridiculous!

It's not even his campaign doing it, it's just individuals! So what?!

You just pissed because Huckabee supporters don't care enough to try?

When you have something about the actual official Ron Paul campaign committing a crime, come back and let us know. Otherwise, you're smeer attempt is useless.

You're arguing about email spam, Sollar! It's ridiculous!

It's not even his campaign doing it, it's just individuals! So what?!

You just pissed because Huckabee supporters don't care enough to try?

When you have something about the actual official Ron Paul campaign committing a crime, come back and let us know. Otherwise, you're smeer attempt is useless.

I wasn't talking about e-mail spam though. I have no problem if Ron Paul supporters don't want to talk about Ron Paul supporters organizing and intentionally skewing polls.

But then I do have a problem with those same Ron Paul supporters then wanting to use the skewed polls as support for Ron Paul.

So we either talk about the polls being skewed or how that isn't the case, or we admit that Ron Paul has so little national support that we have to acknowledge that his views are not resonating with the American public and, in fact, most Americans disagree with him on at least several key issues. And if he isn't publically denouncing his supporters intentionally skewing poll results, his own honesty should at least be questioned.

Are you addressing this to me? Did you intend to be as belligerant as you appear here? If you failed to notice it, I am not a Ron Paul supporter and I was on your side.

Yeah but you don't get it though...If it were Romney or Giuliani getting all the votes in the online polls and such, the media wouldn't make a PEEP about it as being some type of fringe attempt to make them look good. They would just comment on it as though it's how it was SUPPOSED to be. I mean, these places put these polls up CONTINUALLY, and everytime Ron wins they bitch about it, or take it down. It's ridiculous. It's childish. Just deal with it, or quit posting up polls...you know?

Maybe Ron's supporters just care enough to participate everywhere they can...maybe they're just so passionate, that they want this man to be known by everyone. I can't comprehend why people use his supporters' passion for him AGAINST him...it doesn't make any sense.

If he's so fringe, and there's really only 10,000 people following him around online and spamming all the polls he's included in, then he would never have raised damn near 10 Million dollars so far since his campaign started.

In fact, the only place on Earth where you'll see anything that even remotely assumes he has no real support nationwide, is in the corporate 'scientific' polls. Those polls mean nothing compared to the physical vote on election day, and history has proven that many times.

He gets hated on, because the people doing the hating KNOW that he's gaining popularity by leaps and bounds, and it KILLS them.

The man's the most genuine candidate in the field. Check his record, it speaks for itself.

As a personal supporter and independant volunteer for his campaign, I can tell you PERSONALLY that he's the most interesting candidate on the trail. I've been to a few different states on the east coast, and everywhere i've been he has outshined his opponents in support by LARGE margins.

You'll see. Wait until the primaries start. You're going to be astonished, i PROMISE you.

Well you are entitled to your pipe dreams, but in my oinion that is all this is. I like Ron Paul's take on some issues and I strongly oppose his position on others. Unfortunately for him, the issues I oppose him outweigh the ones I can support him on.

You are dead wrong that the media would overlook intentionally poll spamming by Giuliani or any other GOP conservative or mostly conservative. Ron Paul is a media darling compared to them and that is why Paul is not receiving the intense media scrutiny nor daily reminders of his presumed weaknesses in the media as the other candidates are receiving. The only reason this poll spamming issue came up as prominantly as it has is because the bloggers were so strongly protesting the corruption of their straw polls by what they could identify as the same Ron Paul supporters posting under multiple names. The administrators do have the member's computer signatures and can identify when multiple names are posting from the same computer. This is not rocket science. Likewise the networks and major newspapers know that something is amiss when their straw polls come in showing Ron Paul in a huge lead when their own scientific polling shows this to be implausible.

I will concede that another reason he is mostly under the media radar is because he has so little verifiable national support that he is deemed to have no chance at the nomination. And the media is focusing on those who do.

Ron Paul's Presidential Odds Drastically Slashed
Britain's biggest bookie has Texas Congressman 12/1 to win White House, down from 66/1

Prison Planet | October 31, 2007
Paul Joseph Watson

Britain's biggest bookmaker William Hill has drastically slashed Ron Paul's odds of becoming president from 66/1 to just 12/1, putting him on course to go head to head with Rudolph Giuliani for the Republican nomination, which will be decided in the next six months.

After initially writing off the Texas Congressman as a fringe candidate, the establishment media are finally having to admit that Paul's meteoric rise over the last 10 months have turned him into a frontrunner with a real chance of claiming victory should his growth curve continue.

Ron Paul is now ahead of John Edwards and John McCain in the betting and is closing in fast on Barack Obama, Al Gore, Fred Thompson and Mitt Romney, according to William Hill's odds .

From being Ron Who? to many people back in January when he announced his attention to run, Paul has captivated the nation with his fierce and patriotic defense of the constitution, standing out from the rest of the Neo-Con dead horses in the Republican field that the establishment had hoped to run in order to ensure Hillary Clinton's election.

Clinton is still hot favorite, but with members of her own party viciously attacking her pro-war record in the Democratic debate yesterday, the tide could be starting to turn.

Other betting companies like BetUSA.com place Ron Paul ahead of Mitt Romney at just 6/1.

The Ron Paul Revolution has blown away all cynicism about the people's candidate not having a snowball's chance in hell and now is the time to re-double our efforts in educating others about the Texas Congressman's campaign

Ron Paul's Presidential Odds Drastically Slashed
Britain's biggest bookie has Texas Congressman 12/1 to win White House, down from 66/1

Prison Planet | October 31, 2007
Paul Joseph Watson

Britain's biggest bookmaker William Hill has drastically slashed Ron Paul's odds of becoming president from 66/1 to just 12/1, putting him on course to go head to head with Rudolph Giuliani for the Republican nomination, which will be decided in the next six months.

After initially writing off the Texas Congressman as a fringe candidate, the establishment media are finally having to admit that Paul's meteoric rise over the last 10 months have turned him into a frontrunner with a real chance of claiming victory should his growth curve continue.

Ron Paul is now ahead of John Edwards and John McCain in the betting and is closing in fast on Barack Obama, Al Gore, Fred Thompson and Mitt Romney, according to William Hill's odds .

From being Ron Who? to many people back in January when he announced his attention to run, Paul has captivated the nation with his fierce and patriotic defense of the constitution, standing out from the rest of the Neo-Con dead horses in the Republican field that the establishment had hoped to run in order to ensure Hillary Clinton's election.

Clinton is still hot favorite, but with members of her own party viciously attacking her pro-war record in the Democratic debate yesterday, the tide could be starting to turn.

Other betting companies like BetUSA.com place Ron Paul ahead of Mitt Romney at just 6/1.

The Ron Paul Revolution has blown away all cynicism about the people's candidate not having a snowball's chance in hell and now is the time to re-double our efforts in educating others about the Texas Congressman's campaign

This is interesting. However BetUSA also has Al Gore at 4 to 1. And he hasn't even announced. Do you think those odds are likely accurate?

LasVegas Insider's most recent numbers (this week) have
Hillary at even money
Giuliana at 2/1
Thompson and Obama at 3/1
Romney at 6/1
Ron Paul at 8/1 which does show that his fortunes have improved a bit over the last month.

This is interesting. However BetUSA also has Al Gore at 4 to 1. And he hasn't even announced. Do you think those odds are likely accurate?

You're talking about gambling oddsmakers here, and hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars.

When there is that much money on the line, you can bet your ass that the odds are as accurate as possible.

No one questions the oddsmakers on sports, because they know the oddsmakers know exactly what they're doing. Likewise with this situation as well. I don't know how many people bet on politics, but considering the already insatiable gambling habits of the American public, I would assume it's right up there with anything else that attracts huge bets.

I would take the chances the gambling industry shows Ron having, over any national poll.

I'm bewildered how people can still assume this man has hardly any support nationwide. The only thing you have to go on is polls, but why go by numbers on paper when you can just go out and see it for yourself? 10 Million, Foxfyre. That's a fucking TON of money for a guy who supposedly has almost no support.

Arguing about the spamming issue is a stalemate as far as i'm concerned. If you really want to let yourself believe that RP's entire campaign success is limited to only a couple thousand people who spam polls with malevolent intentions, then you go right ahead.

I'll just let the physical vote speak for itself come primary time.

You're talking about gambling oddsmakers here, and hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars.

When there is that much money on the line, you can bet your ass that the odds are as accurate as possible.

No one questions the oddsmakers on sports, because they know the oddsmakers know exactly what they're doing. Likewise with this situation as well. I don't know how many people bet on politics, but considering the already insatiable gambling habits of the American public, I would assume it's right up there with anything else that attracts huge bets.

I would take the chances the gambling industry shows Ron having, over any national poll.

I'm bewildered how people can still assume this man has hardly any support nationwide. The only thing you have to go on is polls, but why go by numbers on paper when you can just go out and see it for yourself? 10 Million, Foxfyre. That's a fucking TON of money for a guy who supposedly has almost no support.

Arguing about the spamming issue is a stalemate as far as i'm concerned. If you really want to let yourself believe that RP's entire campaign success is limited to only a couple thousand people who spam polls with malevolent intentions, then you go right ahead.

I'll just let the physical vote speak for itself come primary time.

He raised $5 million in the last 30 days? As of October he had a little over $5 million. It was projected in May that if contributions kept coming in at the rate they were then, he would have $10 million by the end of the third quarter.

I'm not saying $5 milllion is not real money because it is. But recent numbers (within last 30 day sor so) Hillary is at $27 million, Obama at $25 million, Romney at $17 million, Giuliani at $16-$17 Million with $10 million of that coming in the last quarter alone. Even Fred Thompson raised $8 million last quarter on top of what he already had.

I don't wish Ron Paul any bad fortune. I would vote for him over any Democrat running. I would vote for any other Republican running over Ron Paul, however.

Ron Paul supporters may be using e-mail spam and dirty tricks to gin up support for their presidential candidate on the Internet.

"This is clearly a criminal act in support of a campaign, which has been committed with or without [its] knowledge," University of Alabama at Birmingham computer-forensics expert Gary Warner told Wired News.

Warner was referring to a wave of pro-Paul e-mails that flooded the Internet after the most recent Republican presidential debate on Oct. 21.

The e-mails had subject lines such as "Ron Paul Wins GOP Debate! HMzjoqO" and "Ron Paul Exposes Federal Reserve! SBHBcSO."

The funny character strings are common methods to defeat spam filters.

Warner says his lab traced the e-mails back to servers in Asia, Africa, South America and Europe — signifying that whoever sent them may have used a botnet, or world-wide network of hijacked computers, to pump out massive volumes of e-mail.

FTC Warns of Fake FTC E-Mail Virus Hackers Launch Massive Attack on Ukrainian President's Web Site Feds: Fake Harassment Complaint E-Mail Contains Virus Four 'Critical' Patches in October's Microsoft Updates "This is the first I've heard about this situation," Paul campaign spokesman Jesse Benton told Wired News. Read the rest of the story........
http://www.wired.com/politics/security/news/2007/10/paul_bot
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307056,00.html

They have been doing that for quite a while. They did the same thing right before the Iowa straw poll. Huckabee isn't much better. He is a man who endorses rapists and lets them out of jail so they can rape and kill again.

Forum List

Back