Ron Paul: Federal Response To Hurricane Unnecessary

Post hoc ergo propter hoc is fallacious and irrelevant.

NOAA could be funded by any one of a number of private interests and/or coalition of the several states.

Try again.

Ok... perhaps someone already said this to you... but... go fuck yourself. A number of private interests???? who? why?

There is simply NO money to be made in forecasting weather. It is purely and simply about saving lives and protecting property. Who's going to pay that private interest? Life and homeowner's insurance companies? Gimme a break.... there is a whole country's worth of land mass and population that doesn't give a shit about people along the East Coast(who's risk is the median), people in Florida(who's risk is fairly high), the Gulf... Who's risk is a little less than the Atlantic Coast), and the the Pacific,(who's risk is next to nothing).

You dumbfucks find anything and everything to destroy any and every advance this country has made... because you're too fucking selfish to pay fucking taxes.... that's your whole problem. You bawl like a 4 year old...because you refuse to see anything beyond yourself...which is the typical behavior of a.. guess what????... 4 year old....

in short, you are a Child... who has no sense of responsibility or real compassion for your fellow man... and that is why people fight your side so hard. We are ABOVE the animals of the world... survival of the fittest does not work for humans... we are held to a different set of standards... and your side wants to regress, not progress.

Ron Paul thinks states don't need FEMA to help with natural disasters. I guess he should tell Rick Perry to give all of that money back. I don't understand why cons love this guy so much. He sounds like a loon to me.

First Read - Ron Paul: No FEMA response necessary

GILFORD, N.H. -- After a lunch speech today, Ron Paul slammed the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, and said that no national response to Hurricane Irene is necessary.
"We should be like 1900; we should be like 1940, 1950, 1960," Paul said. "I live on the Gulf Coast; we deal with hurricanes all the time. Galveston is in my district.

Yeah, Paul, Galveston is in your district. And what happened in Galveston 100 or so years ago? A hurricane that killed thousands. Too bad we can't go back to the way things were in 1900, when thousands died because of a lack of emergency preparedness.
Not to worry. Paul will not be the GOP nominee.

frankly I think this whole thing is has ginned up by the media, its pathetic. on a comparative scale the drought is far worse, but, then again Texas, Ok. etc isn't in play....

You need to try again. There is no defending Paul on this one. It was an extremely ignorant statement (and not too smart for somebody who represents a state that is prone to hurricanes and wildfires). I'm guessing we'll be hearing the backpedaling from Paul in about 24 hours.
No, there are no liberoidal goofballs defending Dr. Paul.

He is, however, exactly right in that there's no real need at all for FEMA.

Yeah, I know that no liberals are defending Paul (and for good reason). It's the kooky cons who are defending him. And as we've seen from your posts, your defense is extremely weak.

Liberals love the shit out of Ron Paul... You're just a war loving hater who like Bush era policies now that A Democrats expands them.

You need to try again. There is no defending Paul on this one. It was an extremely ignorant statement (and not too smart for somebody who represents a state that is prone to hurricanes and wildfires). I'm guessing we'll be hearing the backpedaling from Paul in about 24 hours.

Yeah, I know that no liberals are defending Paul (and for good reason). It's the kooky cons who are defending him. And as we've seen from your posts, your defense is extremely weak.
FEMA should be let loose only if requested .The agency is bloated and ineffective.
BTW, your side went cuckoo for cocoa puffs when FEMA didn't move it's collective ass quickly enough to save New Orleans.

NOAA could be funded by any one of a number of private interests and/or coalition of the several states.

Try again.

Ok... perhaps someone already said this to you... but... go fuck yourself. A number of private interests???? who? why?

There is simply NO money to be made in forecasting weather. It is purely and simply about saving lives and protecting property. Who's going to pay that private interest? Life and homeowner's insurance companies? Gimme a break.... there is a whole country's worth of land mass and population that doesn't give a shit about people along the East Coast(who's risk is the median), people in Florida(who's risk is fairly high), the Gulf... Who's risk is a little less than the Atlantic Coast), and the the Pacific,(who's risk is next to nothing).

You dumbfucks find anything and everything to destroy any and every advance this country has made... because you're too fucking selfish to pay fucking taxes.... that's your whole problem. You bawl like a 4 year old...because you refuse to see anything beyond yourself...which is the typical behavior of a.. guess what????... 4 year old....

in short, you are a Child... who has no sense of responsibility or real compassion for your fellow man... and that is why people fight your side so hard. We are ABOVE the animals of the world... survival of the fittest does not work for humans... we are held to a different set of standards... and your side wants to regress, not progress.

Man you're an ass...
The energy industry pays big bucks for weather forecasting.

Any given storm today? What are you talking about? Have been paying attention to the news? There is a CAT 1 storm currently striking the east coast. Maybe that means nothing to you, but for the thousands without power, it actually does mean something. Seriously, what are you saying? Anything below a CAT 5 storm isn't worthy of emergency response? That's a pretty weak defense of Paul's ignorant statement. Are you sure you want to stick with that? If that's the best you can do, maybe you just shouldn't say anything.
So fucking what?

I lived through a storm last summer that put us out of electricity for nine days, and we didn't need Big Daddy Big Gubmint to come in and bail our asses out.

You were out of electricity for a few days and you think that makes you an expert on who requires emergency assistance? :lol::lol::lol: Jesus you people are delusional.
You're the one who started up about people being without electricity.

Got a news flash for ya, pal...There's plenty of incentive for electric companies to get their customers hooked back up ASAP.

Try again.

Nice freaked-out meltdown, Captain Hyperbole! :lmao:

Try again.

Man you're an ass...
The energy industry pays big bucks for weather forecasting.

Bullshit.... they pay nothing... what good is it? Sure... they can plyboard the fuck out of their windows, and perhaps shut shit down before it becomes a catastrophe. But that's about it... if you think you can make an entire money making industry out of that... you are are a fucking idiot.

Try again.

C'mon mother fucker...prove me wrong.

So, we're going to compare a Cat 5 storm that struck without notice in 1900 with any given storm today, where' there are several days at least, if not a week's, worth of notice to evacuate and prepare?

And y'all wonder why people mock and laugh at you? :lol:

Extremist!

Try again.

You'd be wrong.

C'mon mother fucker...prove me wrong.
How do you prove a freaked-out, hyperbole-laden, adolescent temper tantrum wrong? :lol:

Liberals love the shit out of Ron Paul... You're just a war loving hater who like Bush era policies now that A Democrats expands them.

I'm a war-loving liberal? :lol::lol::lol: I don't recall having that conversation with you, but sure, go ahead and pretend that you know a god damned thing about me. Are there any other imagined conversations we've had that I should address? :cuckoo:

Try again.

You'd be wrong.

We'll see about that.

FEMA should be let loose only if requested .The agency is bloated and ineffective.
BTW, your side went cuckoo for cocoa puffs when FEMA didn't move it's collective ass quickly enough to save New Orleans.

And we should have. Katrina was a disaster. Luckily, we learned from it. DO you have a better suggestion? Oh I know. How about a private company takes care of our emergency situations. They can charge us by the pound for evacuation. We can buy private rescue insurance. Of course, if you've ever been rescues, sorry, that's a pre-existing condition. You'll have to pay a higher premium.

Forum List

Back