Ron Paul Exposed!!!

There's only one thing I can see that people object to about Paul, and that's he against the war in Iraq. Well, to tell you the truth, I don't think we should have gone in there either. I think it was incredibly stupid. But in the same breath, I think it would be incredibly stupid to just up and pull out now. We started it, now we have to finish it.

As far as Giuliani being so far ahead in all the polls... he ain't gettin' my vote. No way in hell. I can guarantee you, if he's the person on the Republican ticket, hillary clinton will be our next President.

So when does Paul quit the Republican fakery and go independent ?

Why don't you go ahead and air out why you think he isn't a republican?

I mean, besides being anti-war which really isn't any indication of political party in the REAL sense, what do you see about him that makes you think he's not a republican?

And jillian, those polls are really meaningless. They only have meaning if you look at them and vote according to the percentages they show.

Ron has raised more money then almost all of the candidates, especially this past quarter, and it's still rising. Romney doesn't even compare unless he spends his own personal wealth on his campaign.

There's no possible way that only 2% of republican voters support Ron Paul. It's been stuck at 2% since day 1, but the man's popularity is sweeping the nation at an alarming pace. I mean, now they show Huckabee up in the 10's, but the man hasn't raised dime 1 if you compare him to Ron.

States are making historically unprecedented changes to their policy on their primaries just to diminish Ron's chances of winning. Open primaries and Caucuses are now CLOSED, so that any Democrats that are enlightened by Ron's platform and would like to vote for him, have to change their registration by a certain dealine to be able to even make a republican vote...and a few states have already reached, and passed, that deadline.

The establishment is afraid of Ron and the popularity he has gained...I don't need some polling report done by a corporation to tell me how popular this man is. I've been volunteering for his campaign now for about 4 months, and I've seen it with my own eyes. He's going to cause a rift in this election cycle, and it's going to be a great thing for this country. It's a much, much needed change.

Why don't you go ahead and air out why you think he isn't a republican?

I mean, besides being anti-war which really isn't any indication of political party in the REAL sense, what do you see about him that makes you think he's not a republican?

And jillian, those polls are really meaningless. They only have meaning if you look at them and vote according to the percentages they show.

Ron has raised more money then almost all of the candidates, especially this past quarter, and it's still rising. Romney doesn't even compare unless he spends his own personal wealth on his campaign.

There's no possible way that only 2% of republican voters support Ron Paul. It's been stuck at 2% since day 1, but the man's popularity is sweeping the nation at an alarming pace. I mean, now they show Huckabee up in the 10's, but the man hasn't raised dime 1 if you compare him to Ron.

States are making historically unprecedented changes to their policy on their primaries just to diminish Ron's chances of winning. Open primaries and Caucuses are now CLOSED, so that any Democrats that are enlightened by Ron's platform and would like to vote for him, have to change their registration by a certain dealine to be able to even make a republican vote...and a few states have already reached, and passed, that deadline.

The establishment is afraid of Ron and the popularity he has gained...I don't need some polling report done by a corporation to tell me how popular this man is. I've been volunteering for his campaign now for about 4 months, and I've seen it with my own eyes. He's going to cause a rift in this election cycle, and it's going to be a great thing for this country. It's a much, much needed change.

Do you have a link to any cold, hard facts to support any of these grandiose claims you're making about Paul?

So when does Paul quit the Republican fakery and go independent ?

I think Ron Paul is a better Republican than Giuliani. The only thing I can see that separates Paul from the others is he's against the Iraq war. I think it was incredibly stupid for us to go in there too, but we're there now, and cut and run isn't an option.

Ummmm... no. They show current trends, a snapshot, if you will, of things as they are now. While they aren't necessarily predictive of future events, they are a reflection of where the public is moving.

I have no doubt he has groupies... again, please provide a link for your assertin that he is ahead in the polls. By my readings, he's not even a blip... .he's a cult.

There's no possible way that only 2% of republican voters support Ron Paul.

Actually, there is. Ron Paul most likely appeals to independents and unaffiliated voters. They wouldn't be reflected in the republican polling numbers because only republicans vote in republican primaries. While you may be right about him having some level of support, it isn't among repubs... He'd have done better to run a third party candidacy, IMO.

It's been stuck at 2% since day 1, but the man's popularity is sweeping the nation at an alarming pace. I mean, now they show Huckabee up in the 10's, but the man hasn't raised dime 1 if you compare him to Ron.

Ross Perot had a lot of money, too. I see Ron Paul in the same type of light.

I don't think it's the "states" that are making the changes. You may be right to a degree (though I don't see it as some vast conspiracy) about republicans protecting their turf from outsiders who could challenge an "insider". But that's the nature of politics. No one gives up power.

But again, given he can't win a republican primary, and he's running as a republican, don't expect to see Ron Paul as the repub candidate any time soon.

Do you have a link to any cold, hard facts to support any of these grandiose claims you're making about Paul?

grandiose claims? Check the campaign finance reports for the third quarter, for one.

And i don't really know what "grandiose" claim i made in that post. It's all right in front of your face. The only claims i made were that Ron's donations have put him into the top 3, and that some states are changing their policy on primaries. If you really need sources for that, i'm sure there are plenty of government sponsored sites you could check.

But you yourself say that he's a better republican than Giuliani, so at least you understand the man enough to admit that.

But when you say cut and run, that bothers me.

First of all, just about everyone involved in the planning of the war knew full well what the consequences would be, and that's been evidenced by the various videos showing Cheney saying back in '94 that taking Baghdad would have huge negative political consequences both for us, and for the people of Iraq. Nothing changed since then, so why bother trying in '03?

We went in, we got rid of Saddam, and it sure seemed like a lot of Iraqis were grateful for it. We should have just left THEN. We didn't. But why should we as American citizens continue to fund that with our hard-earned tax dollars, so that a bunch of corporations can make billions more dollars, and our country can slide further towards bankruptcy? The people of Iraq generally do not want us there, and Al-Maliki himself even said we were free to leave whenever we pleased, which goes to show HIS appreciation.

Why not just leave? There's no way we are ever going to be able to enforce our ideologies upon 2 different warring sects of Islam. It's never worked before, and it never will.

In the least, we won't be losing any more precious lives of soldiers that we may need for any future war that really IS necessary...like maybe say, China invading us (hypothetical of course).

When we are trying to outsource our port security to an Arab country, and then going to war against another, all the while being propagandized by the media to pretty much hate all arabs, I question the legitimacy of it ALL.

It's a waste of money, it's a waste of human lives, and it's a waste of time.

We did all that we can possibly do for that country...it's up to THEM now to figure out how to make it work.

I think Ron Paul is a better Republican than Giuliani. The only thing I can see that separates Paul from the others is he's against the Iraq war. I think it was incredibly stupid for us to go in there too, but we're there now, and cut and run isn't an option.

I guess my question is: what will we accomplish by staying? I just can't imagine Iraq blossoming into an enlightened secular democracy on par with western europe. Germany did after WWII, but it already had most of the rudiments of "western" government--property rights, an industrial base, and a tolerant culture. Honestly, I think leaving Iraq would be like when we left Beiruit; not a whole lot will happen.

I still bet that RP will be this seasons perot and nader...

and he would really raise some cain if he dropped out of the GOP, ran as an independant, and took that bastard joe lieberman as a VP.

If Obama doesn't get the dem nomination I'm probably voting for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul has already surpassed both Nader and Perot's entire careers
there is no comparison..its RON PAUL OR Clinton take your pick , if its any help decicing i am pretty sure Bush @ co are going for clinton

I still bet that RP will be this seasons perot and nader...

and he would really raise some cain if he dropped out of the GOP, ran as an independant, and took that bastard joe lieberman as a VP.

If Obama doesn't get the dem nomination I'm probably voting for Ron Paul.

I'd say he compares more to Buchanan. Buchanan won NH, and Ron has a really great shot at doing the same.

Perot and Nader got WAY more mainstream media coverage than Ron has.

But Ron has already stated that he has no desire to run 3rd party if he doesn't get the Rep. nomination.

People say that he would have done better to run 3rd party, but how can that be possible when he would have had absolutely 0 coverage at ALL. At least running republican has given him the opportunity to speak in America's living rooms during debates, get mainstream interviews, and be mentioned along with other candidates in the 2 party race.

I'm happy to see you say that you would vote for either a Dem or a republican...at least you've looked hard enough and found candidates you like based on something other than just their party affiliation.

Good for you :eusa_clap:

Ron paul is polling at 1-2% nationally.... if it werent for the left and far left he'd be at 0 . basically he's no republican. non of the canidates would ever associate themselves with those nutjos . As verified by the youtube videos his supporters consist of 9/11 conspiracy theorists.... 6th year senior College pothead and the libertarian crowd.

He's exposed as a fraud. He's not even close to being a true conservative/Republican. He's nothing more than a good VP candidate for Dennis Kucinich.. they seem to see eye to eye

Well, he's won debates by national polling, according to Fox News polls.

He's proud to not be a republican, that's the point he making. Associating with republicans now-a-days pretty much kills your chances of making the White House. And he's a Libertarian, so you should probably get your shit together before you attempt to slander the only hope the republican party has of competing with Obama or Clinton.

What kind of fraud was he exposed as again? The majority of Americans are against the war, so he's obviously going to be more popular than a McCain type wacko. He's opposed to raising taxes, which goes against the whole fucking republican party right now. He's in favor of the following the Constitution, which used to be something Conservatives did, but not any more. In fact, he's really the only politician right now that doesn't come across as a total power hungry corporate whore.

Well, he's won debates by national polling, according to Fox News polls.

He's proud to not be a republican, that's the point he making. Associating with republicans now-a-days pretty much kills your chances of making the White House. And he's a Libertarian, so you should probably get your shit together before you attempt to slander the only hope the republican party has of competing with Obama or Clinton.

What kind of fraud was he exposed as again? The majority of Americans are against the war, so he's obviously going to be more popular than a McCain type wacko. He's opposed to raising taxes, which goes against the whole fucking republican party right now. He's in favor of the following the Constitution, which used to be something Conservatives did, but not any more. In fact, he's really the only politician right now that doesn't come across as a total power hungry corporate whore.

So when does he go independent? After all the free debate time he gets as a "Republican" ?

did you bitch about lieberman pulling the same shit on the dems?

:eusa_dance:

So when does he go independent? After all the free debate time he gets as a "Republican" ?

You don't get it. He IS a republican. Just not one that you're used to from the last 10-15 years.

So what if he's bringing back old-school republican? When it started getting hijacked, was when this country started to go downhill. The man might be the only hope of getting someone in who CARES.

Not just that...he's creating a movement amongst GOP conservatives, and quite frankly, the entire country...regardless of party affiliation. The man's message spreads far beyond partisan political boundaries.

You don't get it. He IS a republican. Just not one that you're used to from the last 10-15 years.

So what if he's bringing back old-school republican? When it started getting hijacked, was when this country started to go downhill. The man might be the only hope of getting someone in who CARES.

Not just that...he's creating a movement amongst GOP conservatives, and quite frankly, the entire country...regardless of party affiliation. The man's message spreads far beyond partisan political boundaries.

Agreed. Of my friends, he appeals to both libs and cons, b/c he's more about AMERICA and less about his party.

Gotta love how everyone comes in here and says he's not republican, not a conservative, but no one has ever backed it up with any fact.

Just saying it doesn't make it so.

Forum List

Back