Romney's Mormon Patriotism: 5 Privileged Sons and No Volunteers?

What part of volunteer military are you not understanding? I don't care if they are rich or poor ...its voluntary to server or not to serve. There is nothing unfair about it.

You want to blast away at romney kids for dodging a mandatory draft...ill be right there with you. Until there is a mandatory draft...its all bull shit.

Understand...i could care less about Romney or his kids. And the way i see it.... it is a joke for any politician to compare THEIR jobs to serving in iraq...let alone what their kids working for a champagne.

Okay, it's totally their choice. And if they make a choice not to stand up, we should judge them on that. And we should judge the mentality of the people who raised them.

I signed up when I was 18. Saturday will be the 31st anniversry of my first enlistment. (God, it makes me sound old just saying it!) I signed up because my Dad served in WWII. That's what you did. You stood up for your country.

Mittens dodged the draft. His boys didn't sign up, even though there was a war going on. I think it says a lot about how he raised his boys.

Something along the lines of "Dying in Wars is for Poor People, Son!"

And this is my whole problem with Romney. Call it class warfare, but this guy just doesn't see you if you make less than six figures.

Right... their choice and your choice. And what do romneys children have anything to do with .....anything? Are THEY running for office? Even if they were.... they did not volunteer...and.. oopps... neither did obama. Still think we should judge the mentality?

So romeny dogged...so did clinton.... equal again.

Well, people who can't follow orders and can't handle pressure aren't ones I'd want in public service... I'm not sure why you'd want that.

And, yeah, sometimes a lot of things suck. We can't all have Car Elevators like the Romneys.

Man, you are a canteen away from being a Pee Party member.

Have you picked out your spot for this springs cry fest? Or are you just going to go full bum and make do?

Sorry, man, you guys are the ones who nominated Romney after all the obvious problems like this one.

Don't come whining to me because I won't follow you over the cliff.
I haven't been a rep since I read the Patriot Act.

It's you that claimed to be one.

so far, I will be stunned to learn that you don't vote for obama.

you support him daily, you support the ows bitches, you blather class warfare, you cry about the rich, etc etc.

hell, I'd bet you're actually a progressive.

Since when is joining the service a requirement for being a patriot?

Why isn't it?

I'd make it a requirement to hold public office. HAd to have served in the Armed Forces. Extra points if you were in a war.
Then you are a buffoon.

Not everyone can serve. some can't follow orders, some clearly can't handle pressure, some can't handle that it often sucks.People joined the Navy not knowing how to swim.

I think you just described Obama!!!! Lol!

Sorry, man, you guys are the ones who nominated Romney after all the obvious problems like this one.

I have issues with Romney but the problems you are talking about is not a problem.
He's a Mormon
is not a problem

Actually, that's a HUGE problem. You have 22% of the population, including 18% of republicans and 19% of independents who won't vote for one, or is at least reluctant to do so.

Now, while most will get "over it", just enough of us won't.

Of course, there's also the slimy business practices, the complete lack of empathy for the common people, the flip-flopping, the gutlessnesses in standing up to the Religious Right and Tea Party, all of which are also huge problems with this guy.

The ONLY reason why his candidacy isn't a complete joke is that unemployment is still over 8%.

you support him daily, you support the ows bitches, you blather class warfare, you cry about the rich, etc etc.

What I am is a pragmatist.

Countries without a middle class are usually doomed to unrest. History has proven that so many times it amazes me that people keep trying it.

The Class Warfare is what the wealthy do to the rest of us. Let's cut people and then make the people left work twice as hard. Yup. That's the ticket. For less money.

Didn't vote for Obama in 2008, but will probably vote for him this time because Romney is pretty much everything that's wrong with the GOP. And only a huge loss will snap them back to sensibility.

Why isn't it?

I'd make it a requirement to hold public office. HAd to have served in the Armed Forces. Extra points if you were in a war.
Then you are a buffoon.

Not everyone can serve. some can't follow orders, some clearly can't handle pressure, some can't handle that it often sucks.People joined the Navy not knowing how to swim.

I think you just described Obama!!!! Lol!

Irony

or is it

:thanks:

Right... their choice and your choice. And what do romneys children have anything to do with .....anything? Are THEY running for office? Even if they were.... they did not volunteer...and.. oopps... neither did obama. Still think we should judge the mentality?

And I didn't vote for Clinton, either.

You see, Obama didn't volunteer in Peacetime. Romney-spawn didn't volunteer in wartime. That's a HUGE difference.

"Dying in war is for poor people. Pass the Grey Poupon!"

What I am is a pragmatist.

Countries without a middle class are usually doomed to unrest. History has proven that so many times it amazes me that people keep trying it.

The Class Warfare is what the wealthy do to the rest of us. Let's cut people and then make the people left work twice as hard. Yup. That's the ticket. For less money.

Didn't vote for Obama in 2008, but will probably vote for him this time because Romney is pretty much everything that's wrong with the GOP. And only a huge loss will snap them back to sensibility.

The only less I've gotten is less value of my money.

Obama devalued the dollar so much that even the most progressive person must have noticed, assuming they can be honest and note that it's killing the poor and middle class.

But vote for big 0 again, and cry me a river when it's $8 a gallon for gas and the magic green jobs still aren't here.

I have issues with Romney but the problems you are talking about is not a problem.
He's a Mormon
is not a problem

Actually, that's a HUGE problem. You have 22% of the population, including 18% of republicans and 19% of independents who won't vote for one, or is at least reluctant to do so.

Now, while most will get "over it", just enough of us won't.

Of course, there's also the slimy business practices, the complete lack of empathy for the common people, the flip-flopping, the gutlessnesses in standing up to the Religious Right and Tea Party, all of which are also huge problems with this guy.

The ONLY reason why his candidacy isn't a complete joke is that unemployment is still over 8%.

His religion has no bearing on how he will run the country, The first amendment agrees with me.

You see, Obama didn't volunteer in Peacetime. Romney-spawn didn't volunteer in wartime. That's a HUGE difference.

There is no difference what so ever.

So long as the military is a voluntary one there is no issue at all. You are implying the romeny boys got out of something when they did not. It was their choice to volunteer or not....they chose not to. Right along with everyone else who did not volunteer. You know...the OWS crowds...and the facebook and apple people. :eusa_whistle:

The only less I've gotten is less value of my money.

Obama devalued the dollar so much that even the most progressive person must have noticed, assuming they can be honest and note that it's killing the poor and middle class.

But vote for big 0 again, and cry me a river when it's $8 a gallon for gas and the magic green jobs still aren't here.

Inflation? Seriously?

Annual Inflation Chart

Inflation has been below 4% for Obama's entire term, and lower than it was under Bush. Now maybe foreign shit is more expensive, but what the fuck are you doing buying foreign shit.

Duly noted you completely dodged my point, guy. The problem isn't inflation, it's that the wealthy saw this recession as another excuse to put the screws to working people.

So long as the military is a voluntary one there is no issue at all. You are implying the romeny boys got out of something when they did not. It was their choice to volunteer or not....they chose not to. Right along with everyone else who did not volunteer. You know...the OWS crowds...and the facebook and apple people. :eusa_whistle:

Except THOSE people all said the war was a horrible idea.

Unlike Romney, who just can't get enough of that shit. He wants one with Iran, too.

Dying in wars is for Poor People.

Unlike Romney, who just can't get enough of that shit. He wants one with Iran, too.

And what does any of all of that ^^^ have to do with his boys volunteering or not?

Joe B, you are devasting to the Rethugs on this board.

I think you really are a true Republican with a healthy dose of dislike for the current version of Rethugs.

And I believe you are the pragmatist you claim to be.

And I wish I had written some of your counter arguments.

Good job and if America had more like you, we might turn this thing around.

Keep up the good work.

And what does any of all of that ^^^ have to do with his boys volunteering or not?

I think if you aren't getting it, explaining it to you again won't do any good.

Okay, one more time.

If you are going to advocate for war, advocate that we need to be involved in the middle east, advocate that we be teh world's policeman, and call Democrats "cowards" when they question whether this rathole in the third world is worth shedding American blood over, then you need to put your money where your mouth is.

This is why I miss the draft. Everyone had skin in the game. I mean, let's be perfectly honest, we're all happy to let the other guy do it.

Romney is one of these people who supports the status quo, but man, he wouldn't let his kids get anywhere near an induction center. that's for poor people.

And this is not an indictment of Republicans in general. McCain and Palin had family members in the service. Romney. Well, his dad avoided WWII, he avoided Vietnam and his brood has avoided the War on Terror. Third generation Chickenhawks.

I think you really are a true Republican with a healthy dose of dislike for the current version of Rethugs.

Keep up the good work.

:lol:
and you're a true lefty....calling Republicans, Rethugs..real grown up

Keep up the good work.

Dumbocrat shut the fuck up.

Forum List

Back