Romney's Bain Lie

Hmmm, This thread has taken on a life of it's own and I know I posted in the beginning of it and unfortunately haven't taken the time to re-read everything that has been posted since.

But I will repeat what I said then. All Mitt has to do is release his tax returns and Bain records during the time he was on leave of absence and all would be cleared up. He should have to release the same number of years as others have.

The reason he is not doing this, despite paying a political price, is he has something to hide or he'd just do it.

He did it for McCain so he can do it again.

Here's the key, though. After looking at his returns, McCain decided to go with Sarah Palin.

So obviously McCain saw something he didn't like.

Why won't Mitt show us his tax returns for the last 12 years?

What is he hiding?

:eusa_clap:What makes you think he's hiding anything?:eusa_clap:

candycorn-albums-triton-picture4676-romney-caymans.jpg

To quote you NeoNuts, if he has nothing to hide, then why is he hiding it in the first place?

Demands for Romnoid's Tax Returns as just as fair as demands for Mr. Obama's Birth Certificate.

Why won't Mitt show us his tax returns for the last 12 years?

What is he hiding?

To quote you NeoNuts, if he has nothing to hide, then why is he hiding it in the first place?

Demands for Romnoid's Tax Returns as just as fair as demands for Mr. Obama's Birth Certificate.

What the "anybody but Obama" crowd just can't absorb into thier teensy weensie brains is that the rest of the country ...99% of the country ... doesn't belong to a country club. We don't go for secret ballot elections or membership where you can just buy your way in.

There is no comparison between a BC that has already been shown and tax returns. Ann Romney has stated that "you people" are not worthy to get anything more than what Mittens has alrady shown. What is funny is that "those people" do not understand the error of that kind of lack of disclosure. Romney's campaign is a dead man walking. It wouldn't matter now if he did come clean. Part of the vetting proccess is disclosure of a man's character. Mittens has already failed in that department. He has broken any trust he COULD have established. Sorry Willard. Americans trust is not to be taken for granted. Americans trust is not for sale to the highest bidder.

What the "anybody but Obama" crowd just can't absorb into thier teensy weensie brains is that the rest of the country ...99% of the country ... doesn't belong to a country club. We don't go for secret ballot elections or membership where you can just buy your way in.

There is no comparison between a BC that has already been shown and tax returns. Ann Romney has stated that "you people" are not worthy to get anything more than what Mittens has alrady shown. What is funny is that "those people" do not understand the error of that kind of lack of disclosure. Romney's campaign is a dead man walking. It wouldn't matter now if he did come clean. Part of the vetting proccess is disclosure of a man's character. Mittens has already failed in that department. He has broken any trust he COULD have established. Sorry Willard. Americans trust is not to be taken for granted. Americans trust is not for sale to the highest bidder.

I should point out most Americans have to produce as least three years of tax returns to even get a home loan.

Hmmm, This thread has taken on a life of it's own and I know I posted in the beginning of it and unfortunately haven't taken the time to re-read everything that has been posted since.

But I will repeat what I said then. All Mitt has to do is release his tax returns and Bain records during the time he was on leave of absence and all would be cleared up. He should have to release the same number of years as others have.

The reason he is not doing this, despite paying a political price, is he has something to hide or he'd just do it.

Here's the key, though. After looking at his returns, McCain decided to go with Sarah Palin.

Yep, If he decided to pick Palin after looking at Mitt's returns, that says a lot.

Yep, If he decided to pick Palin after looking at Mitt's returns, that says a lot.

I think he was looking for a game changer... and he cound one. Just not one he expected.

Although to be fair to Romney, I suspect there might have been other reasons.

The top one being, McCain didn't like Romney on a personal level and still doesn't.

There was also the issue where McCain couldn't answer a reporters question on how many houses he owned, because he held the paper on houses where relatives were living. So the last thing he needed was a guy who owned four mansions in four different states.

But we don't know for sure, because Romney won't show us what's in his tax returns.

It says enough to me that for the 1st time in almost 40 years of voting I have switched to a democratic affiliation just for this coming election - and will probably keep it this way to cover a few races in 2 more years.

When Romney's dad rand, he released over a decade of tax returns. And McCain's crew chose a fuzzbrain like Palin OVER Romney after reviewing what, 12 years of his tax returns? Telling.

Last edited:
What exactly is it that Slick Willard does not want the world to see? To paraphrase the RePugs when the shrub and dead-eye-dick(less) were trampling on the Forth Amendment (Unreasonable Search and Seizure), "If you have nothing hide, then what are you worried about"?

The demands that Mittens pony up his tax documents is a valid as the demands of Birthers that Mr. Obama show his "Long Form" Birth Certificate.

Just think one second what the RePugs would do to a Democratic Nominee who would fork over their tax documents. Or, as Harry Reid, Romnoid would not even get past Senate Approval for a Cabinet Position if he (Slickie) did not produce tax records.

With at least 20% of RePugs not supporting Mittens, right now all he is doing is making things worse by covering up.

The man took a Seventy-Seven Thousand Dollar ($77,000.00) deduction for the birthday of a damn show horse.

Why do Documents filed with the I.R.S. show him still working at Bain after 1999?

I know that right now, if this were Dem, the RePugs (and with good reason) would be bitching loud, long and continuous over his failure to produce records.

Me, I glad Mittens Man is making an ass of himself.

He is proving to the world what an entitled butt wad he is.

I should point out most Americans have to produce as least three years of tax returns to even get a home loan.

Yet providing a drivers license to vote outrages you....

Actually, I'm really kind of neutral on that issue...

Although before annoying people, maybe you guys need to prove that there is massive voter fraud... which you haven't yet.

But if a Bank wants three years of tax returns to give you a house, shouldn't we ask for at least that many before we give a guy a country?

Mitt Romney stayed at Bain three years longer than he claimed: As we’ve previously noted, Mitt Romney twice told the Government Ethics Office that he left Bain Capital in February 1999, but there has been plenty of evidence suggesting otherwise. When he left Bain is a critical question, both because a different date than the one he claimed could mean he lied on official forms, and also because Romney has used the early departure date to insulate himself from attacks on Bain’s practices during the early 2000s.

But the Boston Globe reports today that Romney stayed on a full three years longer at Bain than he has claimed. Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed the in the years after 1999 list Romney as the “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president” of Bain. And a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002.

Romney’s Bain lie - Salon.com
This thread should be titled, "Ravi's Bain Lie".

Although before annoying people, maybe you guys need to prove that there is massive voter fraud... which you haven't yet.

But if a Bank wants three years of tax returns to give you a house, shouldn't we ask for at least that many before we give a guy a country?
Why don't you ask that question of Obama, Reid and Pelosi.

I don't understand this at all...how does knowing how to drive qualify you to vote?

What about knowing how to get a book out of the library, or being a regular customer of Starbucks, or being an Amex owner........??????

I think he was looking for a game changer... and he cound one. Just not one he expected.

Although to be fair to Romney, I suspect there might have been other reasons.

The top one being, McCain didn't like Romney on a personal level and still doesn't.

There was also the issue where McCain couldn't answer a reporters question on how many houses he owned, because he held the paper on houses where relatives were living. So the last thing he needed was a guy who owned four mansions in four different states.

But we don't know for sure, because Romney won't show us what's in his tax returns.

Yet strangely enough the Mittens lived in his son's unfinished basement to establish residency in Massachusetts. And at the same time apparantly filed his tax returns as living in Utah. I guess honesty takes a back seat or maybe gets tied to the roof of his car when Willard wants something.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfsister77

It sure does, it says you let DailyKOS do your thinking for you.

Do you have PRROF that the information is wrong, or are you just blowing smoke out of Limbaugh's ass again as usual?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/5700167-post2293.html

Without fraud, Obama loses in November. With ID, the fraud drops significantly.

My job required my college transcripts, yet you party members think that is unnecessary for the highest job in the land.

I don't understand this at all...how does knowing how to drive qualify you to vote?

Being who you say you are is what qualifies one to vote.

What about knowing how to get a book out of the library, or being a regular customer of Starbucks, or being an Amex owner........??????

None of those demonstrate that you are the person on the registration roles.

Forum List

Back