Romney says Carter weak: Romney fires gay advisor after pressure

Is that the point? Or would the point be that he is defending you.

Well I have no idea who or why he is neging. Isn't that really the point? I am responsible for my own posts. If I deserve heat, so be it. If he is neging peeps for being jerks that's his business.

My posts in this thread, while a bit over the top, are a direct reflection of the op and the type of responses he solicits.

Okay.

So why go there. He's being an ass? So you join him.

Yep. Isn't life grand? Lol

Well I have no idea who or why he is neging. Isn't that really the point? I am responsible for my own posts. If I deserve heat, so be it. If he is neging peeps for being jerks that's his business.

My posts in this thread, while a bit over the top, are a direct reflection of the op and the type of responses he solicits.

Okay.

So why go there. He's being an ass? So you join him.

Yep. Isn't life grand? Lol

:D

Yeah, I spent the other night calling a member FuckTard just because I was done with his shit.

This is the quote from richard grenell;

"I have decided to resign from the Romney campaign as the Foreign Policy and National Security Spokesman. While I welcomed the challenge to confront President Obama’s foreign policy failures and weak leadership on the world stage, my ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign. I want to thank Governor Romney for his belief in me and my abilities and his clear message to me that being openly gay was a non-issue for him and his team."

Or you could look at the bolded bit. Yes, it was a non-issue. Then word got back, and the campaign closed him out. Therefore, he quit. It is different to quit when you've been ostracized than just because you weren't a good job fit.

Oh brother, the guy was clear why he resigned..People quit and resign jobs everyday for all kinds of reasons...He should blame the MEDIA for causing all this..Instead you all want to blame everybody else.

Carter made the difficult decision to send the military after Iranian hostages.

He sanctioned the USSR for invading Afghanistan angering American farmers with a wheat embargo.

Embargoed the Olympics and organized and embargo by many western countries.

Stopped a war in the Middle East and forced enemies to sign a peace treaty.

Romney caved after hiring a gay.

Who is weak? Hmmm.
You forgot one, Mr. Dean: Carter gave away the Panama Canal. There is now a Chinese base of operations at the head of the Canal where we used to be. Thanks for nothing, Jimmah.

Last I heard, Panama was a "sovereign nation". Course, so was Iraq. When did that ever stop Republicans when they smell money?
I'll have you know my husband's grandfather worked his butt off building the Panama Canal and barely survived it with the highest recorded temperature for a survivor of malaria to make it through that heinous disease in his day.

The Panama Canal was built by us with first dibs at signing another 99-year lease when it was due.

Carter screwed up royally by giving it to Panama. Panama then fell into the most corrupt hands possible, a drugrunner strongman who still sits rotting in a Florida prison somewhere if memory serves me right for targeting American children for illegal drugs that killed a lot of young people up here.

That wouldn't have happened if Carter had had the wisdom to stay the course and make it a good deal for Panama to keep its pledge to America so that our ships could make it over to the far east with exports.

Instead, China uses it to pawn off cheaply-made and often dangerous products to American ports (poisoned dog food, sickening baby food, scratchy thread seams in shirts, night clothes, sweaters, etc.) Next time you wear ready-to-wear inexpensive clothing which scratches you you'll realize nobody's minding the store again. It's real hard on people in nursing homes to wear stuff that makes their delicate skin itch. :evil:

Jimmah brought this misery straight down on America's soft parts. :rolleyes:

When a Repug says he supports something he means it, be it heterosexual couples or what have you.

Democrats aren't held to the same high standard of actually meaning what they say.

That goes without saying, doesn't it?

Homosexuality isn't my cup of tea, but I accept those folks. Why is it important for you to tell other people what their sexuality ought to be? Personally, I don't give a shit.

When a Repug says he supports something he means it, be it heterosexual couples or what have you.

Democrats aren't held to the same high standard of actually meaning what they say.

Homosexuality isn't my cup of tea, but I accept those folks. Why is it important for you to tell other people what their sexuality ought to be? Personally, I don't give a shit.

Same. My sister is a lesbian - her relationship has lasted longer than my marriage. I wish they could get married, but the way is not yet clear.

Who said anything about what it ought to be.

What is being said is that you can't get married. Big difference.

And what I don't get is that if two men can get married, why can't I get married to three women at the same time (of course, who would want to ?) ?

And what I don't get is that if two men can get married, why can't I get married to three women at the same time (of course, who would want to ?) ?

If you can marry a woman, I should be able to, and vice-versa. Rights are being denied based on gender.

If you can marry a woman, I should be able to, and vice-versa. Rights are being denied based on gender.

Why can't I get married to three women at the same time ?

They have to fight that fight themselves. It has nothing to do with this. A straw man, if you will.

They have to fight that fight themselves. It has nothing to do with this. A straw man, if you will.

Horescrap......

Please don't post about "rights" and about how someone is denying gays "the right" to marry who they want....and then turn around and duck the issue in the same way you accuse others.

There is nothing different about that kind of arrangement. If the right can't block gay marriage on the grounds of morality, then why would you not suppor a total removal of all restricitions like this ?

Or is it that you only want what you find acceptable to be made legal ?

Horescrap......

Please don't post about "rights" and about how someone is denying gays "the right" to marry who they want....and then turn around and duck the issue in the same way you accuse others.

There is nothing different about that kind of arrangement. If the right can't block gay marriage on the grounds of morality, then why would you not suppor a total removal of all restricitions like this ?

The fight is for gay marriage. I do not care about the others. They can fight for their own rights, and others will or will not support them. I have a gay sister, and that is who I am fighting on behalf of and NO. There is no comparison.

Horescrap......

You want to kitchen sink this argument because you know you don't have leg one to stand on. Everybody in this country should be able to marry who they love, and if you start whining about hamsters and goats, I will leave this thread.

Distinction without a difference.

Making someone's work conditions so intolerable that they have to quit is just the same as firing them.

He was told he could not do the job he was hired to do because teh funditards wouldn't let him do it. So he quit after being forced to be silent on a conference call between reporters and foreign policy advisors.

I always took you to be a little more sensible than this..
now you just sound like all the other people who fall for crap

Joe is a bigoted hater. He will go along with ANYTHING if it makes Romney look bad.

It is nice to see rderp the dickless was yet again proven to be a lying piece of spinless shit.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-r...nd-on-gay-richard-grenell-wants-him-back.html

Oh wow, now that Mitt Romney finally decided to stand up to his own party and take back Richard Grenell I have to take back my words. What a surprise.

as yes, because he's gay he has a "righteous protest"..Tell me something, I've asked this before... why in all the articles that were written about him did we need to KNOW about him being gay? what did that have anything to do with his qualifications of the job he was hired to do..Did it make more qualified or something?

this whole deal is stupid..but it's something you all can accuse people of being homophobic so you will

Why not mention that he's gay in those articles? The problem wasn't that he was gay, that had no bearing on his expertise in foreign affairs, as he worked for Bush and Bolton in the past, at the UN.

It was that he had come out in favor of gay marriage, and the Bryan Fischers of the world went nuts about that.

The point wasn't that he was gay. The point was that the homophobes insisted he be fired DESPITE his obvious qualifications. And Romney couldn't tell them to pound sand because, hey, it's not like they really trust him.

why do we need to know what sexual partner he prefers? Do you ever see a article written, so and so a openly heterosexual...?

whatever, you all will use it to attack people..so carry on

So essentially, what are you trying to say here? That it's all the media's fault that they reproted he was gay and not the Funditards for insisting he be fired because he was gay?

Gay folks ain't going away because you stamp your feet and clench your eyes shut. YOu are going to eventually have to learn to deal with them.

Joe is a bigoted hater. He will go along with ANYTHING if it makes Romney look bad.

It is nice to see rderp the dickless was yet again proven to be a lying piece of spinless shit.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-r...nd-on-gay-richard-grenell-wants-him-back.html

Oh wow, now that Mitt Romney finally decided to stand up to his own party and take back Richard Grenell I have to take back my words. What a surprise.

Good for him. Something to be admired, I must say.

I'd have no problem with legalized polygamy as long as everyone involved was a consenting adult.

I mean, since a lot of people already have "Polygamy". One is called a "Wife" and the other is called a "Mistress".

But that's not the position you guys are taking. YOu aren't saying, "Why can't I have?" and making a case why you should. YOu are saying 'You'd better not because it might upset my invisible friend in the Sky!"

No harm, your words were meaningless anyways.

No harm, your words were meaningless anyways.

monkeylogo.jpg

Oh, they have plenty of meaning. Meaning that's simply beyond your understanding.

Forum List

Back