Romney says Carter weak: Romney fires gay advisor after pressure

Grenell was told to sit in on conference calls with reporters and not say anything, which is tantamount to firing him. He was told to be silent not merely on gay issues. He was told not to talk about anything, even foreign policy. A spokesman who is not allowed to speak — even internally — doesn't have much of a job. So Grenell quit, three weeks after he was hired.
Michael Kinsley: Romney's silencing of gay spokesman is telling - latimes.com

oh brother...stir the shit pot Mr. Kinsley and the laSlimes

this is what you need to see about the Lamestream media people...they are out to cause hate and division

Grenell was told to sit in on conference calls with reporters and not say anything, which is tantamount to firing him. He was told to be silent not merely on gay issues. He was told not to talk about anything, even foreign policy. A spokesman who is not allowed to speak — even internally — doesn't have much of a job. So Grenell quit, three weeks after he was hired.
Michael Kinsley: Romney's silencing of gay spokesman is telling - latimes.com

He was not allowed to talk about ANY issues. Sounds to me that his hiring was found to have no merit and as such he was sidelined.

Big fucking deal.

The day following his inaguration, Carter issued a pardon to all those considered to be "draft dodgers" during the Vietnam War.
- - -
In dealing with the arms race with the Soviet Union, Secretary of State Cyrus Vance was rebuffed in his bid to further ease tensions between the two superpowers. SALT II remained in limbo, which prompted Carter to call for a three percent hike in NATO member nation defense budgets.
- - -
In June 1977, Carter angered conservative "hawks" by canceling the B-1 bomber project, an apparent contradiction to his call for increased defense budgets.
- - -
In September 1977, he signed over U.S. control of the Panama Canal to the Panamanian government, beginning in 1999.
- - -
The first bump in the presidential road occurred when Bert Lance, Carter's friend and budget advisor, was called before a Senate committee to confront charges that he used his position for personal gain. The affair embarrassed Carter, in part because he ran his campaign for the presidency on taking the high road regarding ethics.
- - -
1979: Back on the home front, a simmering energy crisis came to a head. Rising oil prices set off the nation's first energy riot when truckers staged a blockade of freeway exits in Levittown, Pennsylvania, which resulted in two days of violence, 100 people injured, and 170 arrested. Interest rates floated at historic levels, which contributed to a savings and loan crisis. Unemployment was high. Stagnant economic growth combined with high inflation inspired the term "stagflation."
- - -
Carter now suffered from bad decisions and failure to decide. In September, Nicaraguan Daniel Ortega, leader of the Sandinista rebels who had just overthrown the dictatorship of Anastasio Somosa, came to the White House for aid. Carter agreed on $118 million. Ortega subsequently turned his organization into a leftist regime.
- - -
In October, Carter allowed the Shah into the U.S. for medical treatment. That was an affront to militant "students" in Iran, who, on November 4, seized 66 hostages after overrunning the U.S. Embassy — igniting a 444-day hostage crisis.
- - -
On Christmas Day, the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, provoking the tabling of the SALT II Treaty and leading to a proclamation of the "Carter Doctrine," a warning to the Soviets that, if they invaded the Middle East, it would be taken as a "direct threat to U.S. national security."
- - -
In mid-February 1980, Carter urged a boycott of the Summer Olympics, which were to be held in Moscow.
- - -
In late April, in a bold, but fatal decision, Carter opted for a rescue mission of the hostages. The operation, dubbed "Desert One," was a mortifying debacle as two helicopters failed and a third crashed into a plane on takeoff. Altogether, eight men lost their lives, and eight aircraft went down.
- - -
all was quiet on the home front until early August 1980, when the "Billygate" controversy exploded.

The president's brother, Billy, entangled himself in a bit of international intrigue when he and a group of Georgia businessmen and political figures went to Libya to try to establish trade relations. Libya was known to support terrorists, so the meeting was frowned upon by the White House.

Jimmy Carter explained to the American public that "I have no control over what my brother says, and my brother has no control over me."

Part II of the scandal was brought to light when it was discovered Billy had received a $220,000 "loan" from the Libyan government for "oil sales he was supposed to facilitate."
- - -
In November, the Iranian government announced that the hostages would not be released prior to the election, which sealed the president's fate. Carter lost to Reagan in a landslide

Yeah, Jimmy was such a great President... NOT.

Do you have a factual link that proves he was fired as opposed to quitting?

Or are you just being dis-honorable again?

Distinction without a difference.

Making someone's work conditions so intolerable that they have to quit is just the same as firing them.

He was told he could not do the job he was hired to do because teh funditards wouldn't let him do it. So he quit after being forced to be silent on a conference call between reporters and foreign policy advisors.

Nuance means nothing when the whole world is black and white.

You are projecting. And projecting falsehoods.

"We wanted him to stay because he had superior qualifications for the position he was hired to fill," Romney's campaign manager Matt Rhoades said in a statement.

Let me finish that statement:

But we couldn't because Romney was too weak to stand up against the radical elements, who think gays are vile and deserve no rights, of the Republican Right wing, which is turns out, is most of the Party.

Did that help?

You are one sick puppy and will use anything or anyone to attack people who are Republicans..You and most like you is probably the reason the guy left, he was tired of being USED for one thing, and that was being, gay

He left because he was marginalized.

Joe is a bigoted hater. He will go along with ANYTHING if it makes Romney look bad.

It is nice to see rderp the dickless was yet again proven to be a lying piece of spinless shit.

I find Rdean to be a disgusting human being with his brand of hate..but it's his pathetic life

Is there a reason you two have come undone? This is about Romney, not Joe, not RDean - Romney.

The gay guy packed it in.

shock.gif

Joe is a bigoted hater. He will go along with ANYTHING if it makes Romney look bad.

It is nice to see rderp the dickless was yet again proven to be a lying piece of spinless shit.

I find Rdean to be a disgusting human being with his brand of hate..but it's his pathetic life

Is there a reason you two have come undone? This is about Romney, not Joe, not RDean - Romney.

why is it your concern? and the only thing that should come undone, is this hateful thread started by Rdean..just one of many

why is it your concern? and the only thing that should come undone, is this hateful thread started by Rdean..just one of many

So strap on a pair and address the issue at hand.

There is no issue to address. Rdean as usual spouted off a bunch of lies and twisted a story to suit HIS agenda. As such I have grown tired of his usual homophobic race baiting bullshit and its high time the sane members of the board called him on it.

Also, it is below you to defend him. Let HIM GROW A PAIR and do that himself.

There is no issue to address. Rdean as usual spouted off a bunch of lies and twisted a story to suit HIS agenda. As such I have grown tired of his usual homophobic race baiting bullshit and its high time the sane members of the board called him on it.

That wasn't defense. That was "There's a subject here, why have you two gone off on a tangent."

You might want to tell Neotrotsky to stop 'defending' you by neg repping people for giving YOU shit.

Carter made the difficult decision to send the military after Iranian hostages.

He sanctioned the USSR for invading Afghanistan angering American farmers with a wheat embargo.

Embargoed the Olympics and organized and embargo by many western countries.

Stopped a war in the Middle East and forced enemies to sign a peace treaty.

Romney caved after hiring a gay.

Who is weak? Hmmm.

The guy quit. He felt neglected so he quit. I read about it Wednesday on Breitbart.

You might want to tell Neotrotsky to stop 'defending' you by neg repping people for giving YOU shit.

Who is he neging? If its Dick Tuck I got no problem with it.

Why did Romney cave to the Fundies on the Right :( WHY!!! :mad:

what was Romney suppose to do? the guy wanted to leave...was Romney suppose to BEG him, hog tie his ass to his campaign.?

so friggen pathetic

Forum List

Back