Romney reverses himself on contraception within hours

"Misunderstood the question"

Translation: He forgot for a minute that in this political environment, a reasonable response would cause the rabid right-wing of the Republican party to foam at the mouth; so, he changed his answer to suit their unreasonable worldview.

Romney says he doesn’t back Blunt amendment, then reverses, saying question was confusing - The Washington Post

WASHINGTON — Presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Wednesday he opposed Senate Republicans’ effort that critics say would limit insurance coverage of birth control, then reversed himself quickly in a second interview saying he misunderstood the question.
<more>
The closer Romney get's to the nomination, the more he's going sell himself as a middle of road candidate. He needs the conservatives to get nominated, but also needs independents and centralist votes to get elected. He know conservatives will vote for him in the general election regardless of how much he reverses himself. They're certainly not going to vote for Obama.

Last edited:
Yep, they both work for the same 'Master'...

and what master would that be??

Goldman Sachs... Follow the money...
Well, on that? I don't necessarily disagree with you.

Do me a favor though... take that a step or three further. into the realm of outsourcing, slave labor and our current National Business model. Supply side economics... Started by Reagan.... is the catalyst of all we see these days.

Maybe he didn't understand the question. I think Obama reversed himself after he said the US had 56 states but maybe not.

Actually. it was 57.... but that's OK... I get where you're coming from. Truthfully... if that's all you got... a misspoken line... you better fuckin' equip yourself better. I mean, hell.... the simple bullshit coming from the right these days PALES in comparison.

Romney says he doesn&rsquo;t back Blunt amendment, then reverses, saying question was confusing - The Washington Post

WASHINGTON — Presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Wednesday he opposed Senate Republicans’ effort that critics say would limit insurance coverage of birth control, then reversed himself quickly in a second interview saying he misunderstood the question.
<more>
That can happen. Only if this is repeated problem is it evidence to something to hold against him.

Romney says he doesn&rsquo;t back Blunt amendment, then reverses, saying question was confusing - The Washington Post

WASHINGTON &#8212; Presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Wednesday he opposed Senate Republicans&#8217; effort that critics say would limit insurance coverage of birth control, then reversed himself quickly in a second interview saying he misunderstood the question.
<more>

Quite true, there is no way anyone being asked if he supported a bill banning contraception could possible misunderstand the question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x94nMnSnGFw

Actually. it was 57.... but that's OK... I get where you're coming from. Truthfully... if that's all you got... a misspoken line... you better fuckin' equip yourself better. I mean, hell.... the simple bullshit coming from the right these days PALES in comparison.

Tiring graphics and two pop-culture metaphors in a row "fuckin equip" and simple bullshit". No surprises here.

Forum List

Back