Romney or Santorum...who do the Dems want?

Santorum would get squashed by Obama. I might vote for Romney, so this Democrat would prefer him.

Anyone who thinks the president is a marxist doesn't know what marxism is.
True but INEFFECTIVE still applies.

At least the Newt would retire to TV talk shows again. Santorum impressed me with his talk about his disabled daughter, on other issues he is too far right.

I want Romney.

Not because he is easier to beat, but because I care about America.

Santorum would really hurt America.

I kind of get the same feeling. When you go around thinking the earth is 2,012 years old, you've got issues that go far beyond ideology; it borders on being an idiot.

Romney or Santorum...who do the Dems want to run against Obama. Gingrich is all but gone. But Santorum is picking up money and momentum. Who would the Dems rather see as the GOP nominee?

Romney, is my guess.

That way when we all vote for him just to get big 0 out, they can stamp around and declare us all hypocrites for voting in the moderate.

Like keeping the murdering fuck in the WH is a better option.

Of the two, Romney would be more palatable as president. Romney avoids most of those "what the heck is he talking about?" moments the other Republicans keep spouting. Romney is somewhat awkward in public at times and comes off as your creepy Uncle Willard but is otherwise middle right

Santorum is just plain bizarre in some of his views of what America should be

Last edited:
Santorum's positions on social issues is the same as Reagan's, Bush-41 and Bush-43. All guys who won pretty easily.

You think so? No, I think Santorum is WAY over the edge...

Rick Santorum thinks pregnancy through rape is God's gift? Seriously? | Kate Harding | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Not going to go by mischaracterizations of what he said as evidence.

If you want to have an honest discussion about what he said, that's a different issue.

If you accept the unborn are human life (which, by the way, you can make an atheistic argument to that effect), then is it right to murder a person for the crime committed by his father?

Now, personally, I think abortion should be legal because making it illegal would be a practical impossibility. But if that is your point of view,t hat a fetus is a human life, is killing it for ANY reason short of protecting the life of the mother anything but murder?
Those who are pro life but allow exceptions for sexual battery and incest seem to blame the child for a parent's act. That I cannot agree with. Santorum is at least consistent. If human life begins at conception, there is a life no matter how conceived.

I want Romney.

See? Even Chris knows Mitt is an effective leader who would be good for America...

Romney is the last candidate in the race who has even a chance of beating Obama.

I would like to see Santorum get nominated and then get trounced, since the Right would not be able to use their 'well he wasn't conservative enough' excuse.

Anyone who thinks the president is a marxist doesn't know what marxism is.

and anyone who thinks we're "afraid" of santorum??

:rofl:

Goat head and explain mis irrelevant. I'm sure in your vast useless life on this planet can explain marxism. you sound like you have lived this life or is it what you see from cnn et al la.

Whoa. (that, btw, is English for 'stop a horse')

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I want Romney.

I kind of get the same feeling. When you go around thinking the earth is 2,012 years old, you've got issues that go far beyond ideology; it borders on being an idiot.

Do you have evidence he actually believes that?

Romney or Santorum...who do the Dems want to run against Obama. Gingrich is all but gone. But Santorum is picking up money and momentum. Who would the Dems rather see as the GOP nominee?
Gingrich says he will rise again. He took many counties in North Florida which means Alabama, Mississippi and other southern states may also choose the man who now calls himself the MOST conservative. Santorum is rational on some issues, so The Newt may not be out of the picture.

I want Romney.

See? Even Chris knows Mitt is an effective leader who would be good for America...

Actually, what worries me the most about Romney is that liberals aren't as scared of him as they are of real conservatives.

I want Romney.

Actually, what worries me the most about Romney is that liberals aren't as scared of him as they are of real conservatives.

Romney gives the impression that he is somewhat reasonable and is not going to run off the scale pandering to the extreme right wing. He is the only candidate capable of appealing to moderates

Romney gives the impression that he is somewhat reasonable and is not going to run off the scale pandering to the extreme right wing. He is the only candidate capable of appealing to moderates

I also hear he's going to appeal to Nessie and Bigfoot.

Who are these moderates you keep talking about?

Frankly, I haven't seen them. You're going to vote for Obama no matter who the GOP nominates, and no matter where the economy is going to get. So is nearly everyone else who talks about Romney being a "moderate" or "electable".

I'm wary of people who are never going to vote GOP telling the GOP who they should nominate.

It would pretty much the same if I said, "I think you guys ought to dump Obama and Run Hillary." I could even make a good case why Hillary would be a better candidate. But the fact is, it would be disingenous of me to do so, because I won't vote for her any more than him.

Now, there are a few people in the GOP who don't want a real conservative, they just want someone who is going to make it easier for them to make money.

I really don't think Santorum is electable. He is an exteme that might appeal to the Far Right of the GOP, but not the general. Romney has the best chance to beat Obama. So I expect most Dems are rooting for Santorum.

I was rooting for Newt until I had a nightmare that he won...

Santorum's positions on social issues is the same as Reagan's, Bush-41 and Bush-43. All guys who won pretty easily.
Reagan & Bush I, yes. Bush got 530,000 less votes the first go around & had to SUE to run out the clock. Santorum does have compassion, if Newt has any it doesn't show.

The Dems would rather see Santorum because Obama would bury him.

Under the right economic conditions, Romney could win

Santorum is unelectable

I want Romney.

I really don't think Santorum is electable. He is an exteme that might appeal to the Far Right of the GOP, but not the general. Romney has the best chance to beat Obama. So I expect most Dems are rooting for Santorum.

I was rooting for Newt until I had a nightmare that he won...

Yep.... you guys keep rooting for Romney.

That is a sure sign Santorum scares the shit out of ya'll.

He will mop the floor with the Marxist in Chief.

The only thing that we fear is that you guys think like this and would even consider giving Santorum a shot.

I also hear he's going to appeal to Nessie and Bigfoot.

Who are these moderates you keep talking about?

Frankly, I haven't seen them. You're going to vote for Obama no matter who the GOP nominates, and no matter where the economy is going to get. So is nearly everyone else who talks about Romney being a "moderate" or "electable".

I'm wary of people who are never going to vote GOP telling the GOP who they should nominate.

It would pretty much the same if I said, "I think you guys ought to dump Obama and Run Hillary." I could even make a good case why Hillary would be a better candidate. But the fact is, it would be disingenous of me to do so, because I won't vote for her any more than him.

Now, there are a few people in the GOP who don't want a real conservative, they just want someone who is going to make it easier for them to make money.

I have voted in seven presidential elections and have voted for the Republican candidate in five of those seven elections. What is different about the new breed of Republican candidate is that they have completely abandoned appealing to the middle, the independents and moderates who actually decide elections.
The Republican of today is forced to live at the extreme right in order to get nominated. In order to get that conservative vote they have abandoned sanity and developed a callous view of most Americans

Romney is the only candidate running that remotely resembles Republicans of old

Forum List

Back