Romney had to win the debate... He did.

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
good analysis of the debate...

This one’s the game-changer - NYPOST.com
The big question going into last night’s debate was what Mitt Romney had to do to change the course of the campaign. My answer was simple: Romney had to win the debate.

He did. Clearly and resoundingly. Romney aced the biggest test he has faced so far and, as a result, the race likely will enter a new phase. The challenger is alive and well.

President Obama had his moments, especially his closing argument. But overall, he looked small and frequently uncertain of his own points. He distorted Romney’s plans in an effort to avoid debating them, a sign he can’t handle the truth...

As though his handlers were whispering in his ear, the president trotted out his favorite campaign clichés: millionaires and billionaires, oil companies corporate jets, fair share, fair shot. It was all stale stuff...

As for specifics, I have no more idea what Obama would do in a second term than I did before the debate.

Romney, by contrast, was fresh and determined to press the economic argument that remains his strength and Obama’s weakness. In a nutshell, he put the difference between them as his favoring jobs and growth, while Obama favors food stamps and redistribution...

He was at his best explaining his plans on tax reform, job creation and cutting the deficit and comparing them to the president’s poor record that has left 23 million Americans unemployed or underemployed.

Romney, too, had a strong closing argument, and effectively stole one of Obama’s core 2008 pledges: to unite the country. Romney promised that he would work with Democrats and Republicans in Congress to get the country working again. It was a slick move that implicitly pointed up one of Obama’s admitted failures.

We're seeing the DNC marching orders, The Liberal spin, "Obama won on substance." ROFLMAO

How specifically?? What substance?? What did he offer?? I saw a stuttering boob with NO SUBSTANCE.. Mitt Romney shined.. He laid out specifics, targets, statistics, facts, humor, knowledge, bold fresh idea's, Statesmanship. Obama looked tired and out of his league.

Romney did what he had to do. He convinced America that he is not your run of the mill, batshit crazy Conservative. Obama has been painting Romney as out of touch with mainstream America. Romney went more to the center and offered an alternative that wasn't as scary as predicted

Romney still hasn't shed his image as being for the wealthy. He talked about how bad things are for the middle class, but didn't offer much to help them

Obama was listless and showed little enthusiasm. The only positive is that he avoided a major gaffe that would cause a reversal

Romney will draw closer in the polls. Obama still has an overwhelming lead in electoral votes and swing states. I think some states that were put into the Obama column (Ohio, NH) may go back into play but I don't think Romney did enough to win

Actually as I posted on one of the other 50 posts just like this, who won the debate does not matter, it's how prospective voters saw it. My wife who grew up in a consertive home, who has voted for republicans her whole life, thinks this. She was very put off by how hyper mitt romeny seemed. She was also disturbed with how he seemed to cut off both Obama and the moderator, also the was really kinda upset the he seemed to be flip flopping on everything he has said for the last year and also making his own running mate look bad in the process. She has now decided after watching the debate that Romney is not the person she will be voting for, she now prefers Obama and will vote for him as well, I will also point out that all of her friends feel the same way. We has a debate party and all of her friends are cons, but they ALL feel as if Romney is the wrong choice and after seeing what he did up there, can not vote for him.

Romney destroyed Obama on substance.

The substance was Obama's failed record.

I agree with you on this point. He made the debate about the FACTS of where our economy is, and immediately put Obama on the defensive. That is precisely what Mitt needed to do. However, Romney in no way, shape or form provided any substance for his own ideas. None.

We're seeing the DNC marching orders, The Liberal spin, "Obama won on substance." ROFLMAO

How specifically?? What substance?? What did he offer?? I saw a stuttering boob with NO SUBSTANCE.. Mitt Romney shined.. He laid out specifics, targets, statistics, facts, humor, knowledge, bold fresh idea's, Statesmanship. Obama looked tired and out of his league.

He did? Pleas tell me SPECIFICALLY how intends to cut tax rates 20% across the board and make the cuts deficit neutral.

Actually as I posted on one of the other 50 posts just like this, who won the debate does not matter, it's how prospective voters saw it. My wife who grew up in a consertive home, who has voted for republicans her whole life, thinks this. She was very put off by how hyper mitt romeny seemed. She was also disturbed with how he seemed to cut off both Obama and the moderator, also the was really kinda upset the he seemed to be flip flopping on everything he has said for the last year and also making his own running mate look bad in the process. She has now decided after watching the debate that Romney is not the person she will be voting for, she now prefers Obama and will vote for him as well, I will also point out that all of her friends feel the same way. We has a debate party and all of her friends are cons, but they ALL feel as if Romney is the wrong choice and after seeing what he did up there, can not vote for him.

Yea sure.. What a load of CRAP.. This is what libruls do when they resoundingly loose.. THEY LIE.

He did? Pleas tell me SPECIFICALLY how intends to cut tax rates 20% across the board and make the cuts deficit neutral.

I don't have.. He already did.. SEVERAL times.. LOL! America heard him.. some of you hacks didn't want to.. That's your problem.

I don't have.. He already did.. SEVERAL times.. LOL! America heard him.. some of you hacks didn't want to.. That's your problem.

OK...so YOU have no clue how he plans to do it. Check. Do any of your OTHER Romney supporters know the math behind how he plans to do it, SPECIFICALLY?

The media created hype who is Obama showed his true face last night. An inept Community Organizer who didn't have the liberal Media to run interference for him.. He didn't have his teleprompter with nifty speeches crafted by staff. Who didn't have the liberal Zombie squad like VA, to propagandize, lie, distort his opponents words and records. He was clearly out of his league and now today his liberal minions are desperate and trying to rewrite a debate that will go down as the worst trouncing ANY US President has ever taken!

Lie about what? Granted it's only about 15 votes so it does not matter, but Obama gained 15 votes not by what he said or did, but by what Romney did, also dont tell me what took place in my house is a lie, you were not there. I guess the truth hurts, but it is the truth, Romney lost 15 votes last night.

Can someone, anyone tell me how Mitt plans to cut everyone's tax rate by 20% and keep it deficit neutral? Obviously, Lady Gut Slinger can't, but I knew this going in. I am hoping some of you other Romney supporters can tell me how, as Romeny's website provides NO specifics, much as Romney did last night.

OK...so YOU have no clue how he plans to do it. Check. Do any of your OTHER Romney supporters know the math behind how he plans to do it, SPECIFICALLY?

Yes. And as was said already, he explained it lastr night.

You lower taxes across the board....this will allow the llp's and the s-corps out there...the small businesses that are responsible for 75% of the workforce....to do what they want to do....grow their companies....for reasons of greed, ego, wanting to be big...most business owners want to grow...

When they hire someone...that person will pay income tax and the employer will pay payroll tax...and those two together will add up to well more than the decrease of 20% on the one employer....and if he/she hires 2 or 3 or 5 or 10....well.....the increase in revenue will grow at an increasing rate.

The only "what if" in the plan is....will they hire?

Like I said....most llps and s-corps want to grow...for a multitude of reasons.

Forum List

Back