Romney even outsources own campaign buttons

I'd be shocked if you could even find a button manufacturer in the US any more...

And if you did, I'd bet the price is 5X higher...

So buy American if and only if it doesn't cost more. Patriot? Nope.

Wasting hard-earned money is not patriotic, you cocksucker.

Hard earned? PUUULLEEEZZZZ! I seriously doubt Mittens has had a hard days work in his whole life. Digging post holes and stretching barbed wire to replace fence on on 5 acres on a hot summer day is hard work. Felling a dozen trees, cutting a hundred rounds and splitting 3 cords of firewood in a day is hard work.

Stealing a few thousand hard working manufacturers pensions by making a few phone calls and signing some papers drafted by bankers and lawyers isn't hard work.

obama's never done any kind of work, hard or easy. The hardest work obama did was driving his choom wagon around.

This story looks like it might have legs.... :rofl:

Neither the Obama or Romney campaigns offered comment on the topic beyond confirming that all official merchandise is made in America.

Campaigns proclaim hats, buttons and signs made in America - CNN.com

Looks like someone is pirating buttons... :rofl:

It's likely the button parts are made in China, then the buttons themselves are made here.

that was actually my first thought. I was waiting for someone who leans left to say it first.

26493822.jpg

I would venture to guess that somewhere in your house an item says Made in China on it.

So? I'm not running for president and running my mouth off on the evils of China and Russia; I don't have my money in Swiss Banks or Cayman Island Banks and actually worked for everything I own. I don't shop at Wal-Mart so some of what I buy is made in America. And if I were running for President I'd sure as hell not make the mistake of having my campaign buttons made in China.

you must have missed the part where BOTH campaigns said their official merchandise is made in America.

Can you name a regulation that keeps a button manufacturer from operating?

Oh, look, all of ten minutes on Google...

Lowest campaign button maker Price | Quality campaign button maker | Personalized campaign button maker

Do you understand what a question is, dickless?

I understood the question entirely...

Some asshole asked if there were any companies left in the US that could make buttons.

I found one. Easily.

Apparently, Mitt Romney couldn't.

So, you believe Obama when his campaign says all their official merchandise is made in the USA, but not Romney when they say the same thing...

dumb ass.

Mitt Romney FAIL! Made in China « Motley News and Photos

UPDATE: I have been informed that this is a hoax. And it is. Below is a copy of the button being sold on Zazzle. Someone photoshopped in the “Made in China” as well as “mittromney.com” and the hand in the background. You can tell by the reflections between this image and the Zazzle image that they indeed are one in the same.

mitt-romney-fail-romney-buttons-made-in-china.jpg

http://llwproductions.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/romney-button-from-zazzle.jpg?w=479&h=479

there will still be many libtards who believe this hoax, even after the proof is provided.

Hard earned? PUUULLEEEZZZZ! I seriously doubt Mittens has had a hard days work in his whole life. Digging post holes and stretching barbed wire to replace fence on on 5 acres on a hot summer day is hard work. Felling a dozen trees, cutting a hundred rounds and splitting 3 cords of firewood in a day is hard work.

Stealing a few thousand hard working manufacturers pensions by making a few phone calls and signing some papers drafted by bankers and lawyers isn't hard work.

At least Romney isn't fucking his pets like you do.

At least Romney isn't fucking his pets like you do.

Maybe you would like to come around and "rescue" my pit bulls. I'm sure they would give you the welcome that you deserve for your care and advocacy of the welfare of my animals.

Mormons help each other. And I have reason to know their help often extends to people outside their Church who they deem worthy and who need encouragment, and a helping hand, and food and clothes and friendly advice.

During the Korean War two of my best friends were Mormons- Marine Captain James De Caro and Army 1st Lt James Bailey.

I understand Romney, who, like Obama, is not a veteran, to have worked on several levels as a Mormon Church leader and I believe him entitled to considerable credit for having done so.

The Mormon Church, like Hizbellah and other Muslim organizations, provides aid to those in need, and I compliment all organizations that do so for doing so..

The Mormon Church owns large tracts of land. And as shown by the following article, one copied from this board,
it invests its money so as to provide it returns that it needs to provide services needed by people.

It does those things not to enrich individual Mormons but to increase the means of the Church needed to foster its goals. And

Its goals are such, and our judicial system is such, that if I live much longer I will not be surprised to see that Mormons, like Muslims, have established their own means of settling disputes.

Whatever your opinion of what the Mormons have done businesswise, here is a part of a post of an article that describes a Mormon business venture that is sure to succeed .

====================================================================================
"BusinessWeek.com.
***look at the actual title of the article.

How the Mormons Make Money
By Caroline Winter on July 18, 2012

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-07-10/how-the-mormons-make-money Each Copy and Paste Must Be Linked.

Late last March the Mormon Church completed an ambitious project: a megamall. Built for roughly $2 billion, the City Creek Center stands directly across the street from the church’s iconic neo-Gothic temple in Salt Lake City. The mall includes a retractable glass roof, 5,000 underground parking spots, and nearly 100 stores and restaurants, ranging from Tiffany’s (TIF) to Forever 21. Walkways link the open-air emporium with the church’s perfectly manicured headquarters on Temple Square. Macy’s (M) is a stone’s throw from the offices of the church’s president, Thomas S. Monson, whom Mormons believe to be a living prophet.

On the morning of its grand opening, thousands of shoppers thronged downtown Salt Lake, eager to elbow their way into the stores. The national anthem played, and Henry B. Eyring, one of Monson’s top counselors, told the crowds, “Everything that we see around us is evidence of the long-standing commitment of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Salt Lake City.” When it came time to cut the mall’s flouncy pink ribbon, Monson, flanked by Utah dignitaries, cheered, “One, two, three—let’s go shopping!”

Watching a religious leader celebrate a mall may seem surreal, but City Creek reflects the spirit of enterprise that animates modern-day Mormonism. The mall is part of a sprawling church-owned corporate empire that the Mormon leadership says is helping spread its message, increasing economic self-reliance, and building the Kingdom of God on earth. “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints attends to the total needs of its members,” says Keith B. McMullin, who for 37 years served within the Mormon leadership and now heads a church-owned holding company, Deseret Management Corp. (DMC), an umbrella organization for many of the church’s for-profit businesses. “We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”

McMullin explains that City Creek exists to combat urban blight, not to fill church coffers. “Will there be a return?” he asks rhetorically. “Yes, but so modest that you would never have made such an investment—the real return comes in folks moving back downtown and the revitalization of businesses.” Pausing briefly, he adds with deliberation, “It’s for furthering the aim of the church to make, if you will, bad men good, and good men better.”
cont'd >>>

How the Mormons Make Money - Businessweek

SHOCKLEY

Don't forget the tax returns!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
The Right is very, very, very concerned that there is a chance the president was not born in Hawaii, but they couldn't give a flying fuck if the Republican candidate may be a felon.

They don't even want to find out!

Idiot, if there was anything in Romney's tax returns to even suggest a felony, the IRS would be all over it like flies on horseshit.

The ONLY reason you Leftards want a look at them is to try and gin up some more of your "Oh, look how rich he is!" class warfare.

Dumbass. :lol:

Deadline looms for Americans to disclose accounts in foreign tax havens

Under an amnesty program, the IRS is allowing taxpayers to avoid prosecution for failing to report those accounts. Tax attorneys have been besieged by wealthy clients who are lining up to apply.

October 13, 2009

Wealthy U.S. taxpayers, concerned about an Internal Revenue Service crackdown on the use of secret overseas bank accounts as tax havens, are rushing to meet a Thursday deadline to disclose those accounts or face possible criminal prosecution.

The concern was triggered this summer when Switzerland's largest bank, caught up in an international tax evasion dispute, said it would disclose the names of more than 4,000 of its U.S. account holders.
pixel.gif

The decision shattered a long-held belief that Swiss banks would guard the identities of its American customers as carefully as they did their money, and it raised concern that other international tax havens might be next.

Under an amnesty program, the IRS is allowing taxpayers to avoid prosecution for having failed to report their overseas accounts. As a result, tax attorneys across the nation have been besieged by wealthy clients who are lining up to apply even though they will still face big financial penalties.

Tax lawyers in Southern California say they've encountered an array of clients concerned about international bank accounts: Hollywood producers, immigrants who left behind foreign accounts and business owners who have stashed money overseas to avoid taxation.

"It's crazy busy," said Pasadena tax attorney Phil Hodgen, who for a brief period in September stopped accepting new clients because he was overwhelmed with amnesty requests. "These people are calling, saying, 'I can't sleep at night.' "

Some 3,000 U.S. residents have voluntarily disclosed their foreign bank accounts to the IRS this year, compared to fewer than 100 in 2008, said one U.S. government official who asked not to be identified.

Demand for the amnesty program exploded in August when Swiss bank UBS agreed to settle U.S. criminal charges that it had engaged in a "multibillion-dollar scheme" to help U.S. taxpayers hide assets from the IRS.

In all, UBS agreed to pay $780 million in penalties and to disclose the names of 4,450 American clients to Swiss officials, who would then provide them to the IRS.

Karl Rove's superpac just pulled their ads from Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.

To quote Joseph Conrad.........Mistah Romney, he dead.

were you not the same guy who said Walker will be recalled?......

Walker won. So I was wrong. So what?

Three Republican legislators were recalled, and Republicans lost the Wisconsin Senate.

And Walker's aide goes on trial next month.

Karl Rove's superpac just pulled their ads from Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.

Three Republican legislators were recalled, and Republicans lost the Wisconsin Senate.

When is Walker's trial for corruption, which you also predicted?

which is out of session until AFTER the next election, dip-shit, so it means nothing... just like most of your posts.

Forum List

Back