Romantic weekends

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
Do guys really like romantic getaway weekends, like, say a couple of nights at a B&B? It seems to me that these kinds of trips are usually a woman's idea, based on an idealized romantic notion, and guys just go along because they think they have a good chance of getting... well... you know. :kiss2:

I guess it sounds kind of sexist and cynical, but am I right?

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Depends on what activities are planned over the weekend. Inside and outside of the bedroom.

Romantic weekend does, for guys, indicate a certain amount of ...well, you know....

But what else will be happening?

Abbey Normal said:
Do guys really like romantic getaway weekends, like, say a couple of nights at a B&B? It seems to me that these kinds of trips are usually a woman's idea, based on an idealized romantic notion, and guys just go along because they think they have a good chance of getting... well... you know. :kiss2:

Unfortunately, yes. Guys would love to just sit around the house instead of driving somewhere. Or maybe that's just me. I admit I'm more boring than most.

GotZoom said:
Depends on what activities are planned over the weekend. Inside and outside of the bedroom.

Romantic weekend does, for guys, indicate a certain amount of ...well, you know....

But what else will be happening?

Are you sitting down?

Usually... shopping and some sight-seeing. Sorry!

Abbey Normal said:

I can't say that would be my idea of a week end well spent, but that's just me.

We used to go to this little city (Kingston), along the St. Lawrence quite often. It houses about 3 or prisons and one huge univeristy. Real diverse population to say the least. It also has a lot of historic and battle siites within the city and along the river. Great party town too, lots of different bars and shopping.

Abbey Normal said:

If the romantic getaway b&b was near, say, a football stadium, and under the pillow of the bed in the B&B were, say, tickets to a game at said stadium, then a guy would be much more interested in going for reasons other than booty. Most B&B weekends end up very girly, and hence, the guy's natural reaction is to claim he's only going to please the woman and get some. ;)

In general, the female gender over-romanticizes to the point of being unfair. Expectations are often set entirely too high, in my experience, and the focus quickly shifts from "look at the romantic things he did" to "how come he didn't do everything I expected?" Is it really romantic to have expectations of romance to meet anyways?

The ClayTaurus said:
In general, the female gender over-romanticizes to the point of being unfair. Expectations are often set entirely too high, in my experience, and the focus quickly shifts from "look at the romantic things he did" to "how come he didn't do everything I expected?" Is it really romantic to have expectations of romance to meet anyways?

One can also ask "Is romance an 'act' or is romance a 'state of being'...'circumstance'? Attitude? Sure 'acts' can be romantic. But even romantic acts are not necessarily 'romance'.

Abbey Normal said:
Are you sitting down?

Usually... shopping and some sight-seeing. Sorry!

That is actually ok.....I am one of those rare guys who likes to shop.

Sight-seeing is good too.

For me....on a vacation anywhere really, there needs to be a lot to do. Yes, schedule some down time...relaxing by the pool, beach, etc....

But not the whole time. Shopping, sightseeing, good meals, pool, spa, etc..

The other things will take care of themselves..... ;)

GotZoom said:

For me....on a vacation anywhere really, there needs to be a lot to do. Yes, schedule some down time...relaxing by the pool, beach, etc....

Also, if the B&B were somwhere that required a lengthy drive through the mountains, and say some coastal twisties, it would entice some of us more. ;)
0013-0410-2211-5215_SM.jpg

The ClayTaurus said:
Also, if the B&B were somwhere that required a lengthy drive through the mountains, and say some coastal twisties, it would entice some of us more. ;)
0013-0410-2211-5215_SM.jpg

Most definitely.

We would find the "long route."

GotZoom said:
Most definitely.

We would find the "long route."

What could possibly be more romantic than watching your big burly man downshift around a honda civic TYPE R struggling up the hill? It's a couples activity. Someone needs to point and laugh, after all...

The ClayTaurus said:
What could possibly be more romantic than watching your big burly man downshift around a honda civic TYPE R struggling up the hill? It's a couples activity. Someone needs to point and laugh, after all...

...as if we drive 'torque monsters'... :p

:D

GotZoom said:

I'm the same way. The idea of just sitting around being lovey-dovey for a whole weekend would drive me insane. I guess my idea of a good time would be, stay busy all day, get busy at night.

I agree with Clay about women expecting too much. Perhaps "Romance novels" should be :banned:

dmp said:
...as if we drive 'torque monsters'... :p

:D
shhh they're women, they don't know the difference!! Just so long as it sounds loud and you get a really determined look on your face ;)

Abbey Normal said:
I'm the same way. The idea of just sitting around being lovey-dovey for a whole weekend would drive me insane. I guess my idea of a good time would be, stay busy all day, get busy at night.

perfect...
is.php

Forum List

Back